Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom Classic CC 8.0  (Read 12156 times)

HSakols

• Hugh Sakols Photography
Re: Lightroom Classic CC 8.0
« Reply #80 on: October 23, 2018, 08:09:51 am »

There is a PS icon on the top bar. Click on that.

Thanks!

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
« Reply #81 on: October 23, 2018, 08:42:58 am »

Has nobody mentioned Information on the top left of the print window?  Keyboard
It is not "alongside" cell dimensions but rather obvious.

Not "rather obvious" to me - in fact non-existent in Lr 7.1 for OSX. The command does nothing here.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

Rand47

« Reply #82 on: October 24, 2018, 05:30:08 pm »

When I construct my Print module presets, they are by:
- Printer
- Paper / ICC
- Paper size
- Image quality / paper thickness settings, etc. in the driver (some even for ABW)
- And typically with 1/4” borders as starting place, with image cell just slightly smaller than that

As a practical matter, after I’ve soft-proofed I simply go to “Print” select the preset that corresponds to the paper I’ve soft-proofed to, and paper size I desire.  One button.  I have the presets w/ the image resolution box unchecked so that the first thing I see is the native resolution at the image size (per Mark’s illustration of the upper left of the image window).  Then I check the resolution box and adjust to either 360 or 720 per Jeff Schewe’s recommendations for my Epson printers.  Other than that I only have to assure that the rendering intent chosen during soft-proof is properly selected in the Print module.

So, bottom line for me is that paper size is something I already have designed into my flow - including many “user defined” sizes “which size” is indicated in the name of the preset.  E.g. a preset name will look something like “5000 IGFS 17x25 L ARP.”  Signifying:  Epson SCP 5000, Ilford Gold Fibre Silk, 17x25” sheet in Landscape orientation, with Andrew Rodney custom ICC profile.”  This makes for lots of presets, but they are easy to build after the first one for any given printer/paper/ICC has been built.  I have them organized by my favorite paper types.  Drop downs give me by printer and paper size.

Rand

Rand Scott Adams

Panagiotis

• Fine Art Print
« Reply #83 on: October 25, 2018, 01:53:36 am »

Has nobody mentioned Information on the top left of the print window?  Keyboard
It is not "alongside" cell dimensions but rather obvious.

The image information overlay, which is invoked by pressing the "I"  button, only shows standard paper sizes not Custom.

After Mark Segal recommendation I posted this request as a possible "idea" in the Adobe LR Classic feedback forum.
An Adobe employee (which is a lead software engineer I believe) responded and said that they will look into this with her team! Link to thread:

=19815836#reply_19815836]https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/custom-paper-size-dimensions-in-print-module?utm_source=notification&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=new_reply&utm_content=reply_button&reply[id]=19815836#reply_19815836

« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 01:28:12 pm by Panagiotis »

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
« Reply #84 on: October 25, 2018, 08:43:03 am »

Good feedback. Let us now see whether they do it.

As I mentioned, when I activate that info command I get nothing (Lr 7.1 on OSX).
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up