Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will "AI" in post processing overtake craft?  (Read 4552 times)

plugsnpixels

• http://www.plugsandpixels.com
Re: Will "AI" in post processing overtake craft?
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2018, 09:28:36 pm »

Here's something to consider:

An AI (manmade) sunset shot from mai bedroom window with an (a)iPhone lightly processed in AI Clear! ai ai ai!
Digital imaging blog, software discounts:
www.plugsandpixels.com/blog

albytastic

« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2019, 03:21:47 am »

On my Flickr site I've posted 2 images that show the power of AI in recovering images:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/20926615@N05/46264040954/in/album-72157678279709128/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/20926615@N05/46074561705/in/album-72157678279709128/

Bt whatever you feel about the advance of AI the undeniable fact is that it works and is getting even better every day.

Patricia Sheley

« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2019, 10:25:54 am »

"AI", as has been demonstrated above, seems more misunderstood than understood. It may well already be beyond actual comprehension for many, as it does require walking away from flat earth a bit and opening the mind. there are many quite comfortable with the view just to the edge where the "ships fall off".

An expanding discussion can be found on the generalities in two recent works of Yuval Noah Harari, "Homo Deus" and "21 Lessons for the 21st Century".

These are unbelievably exciting times, which seem light years away from the day I heard my grandmother marveling at the fact that the plane could not only take off and fly, but actually carry humans within. I tried to reference this extraordinary leap in another area here in the forum, but realized that the fact that the ability, once taught to perform a task, quickly lead to the ability to build better tasks and better abilities, far more quickly and completely than we are able, is already reality in AI. All the data we toss around freely is already being put to use in ways beyond most humans ability to comprehend.
Photographic use is the mere tip of the iceberg.
A common woman~

bwana

« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2019, 12:20:32 pm »

I hear you and not to in any way denigrate Einstein's achievements, but if he had not made the breakthroughs someone else would have soon enough.  Each insight is achieved on the shoulders of past work.  I see no reason an AI cannot do this in the future.  It is possible that future some breakthroughs will only be achieved by AI.

Lorentz and Schwarzchild in fact had already published equations calculating time dilation for both constant speed near lightspeed as well as time in a gravity well before Einstein. Einstein did however make the leap to conclude that space was a malleable mesh that could be stretched and squashed.

As for AI, I think that it already has usurped human creativity. Deep dream for example is a piece of software that is a wonderful surrealistic tool that no human could ever create. And all it does is modify an image so that it approaches the training data used to create a particular convolutional neural net. The data that it was trained on, in fact determines the output.

And when our preferences have been sufficiently tabulated, a neural net will be able to create images, memes and products that most efficiently stimulate and gratify us. And because the granularity of such a system can be focused to EACH individual's tastes, an AI will be able to generate 'art', food, clothes. novels, news, toys or anything that is most appealing for YOU and you ALONE. And therein lies the tragedy. The isolation we are all experiencing by the cell phone stealing our face will become more acute as the AI steals our mind. Human interaction will become mediated by a machine buffer. We will lose the ability to interact. And if you apply the definition of matter and energy provided by quantum mechanics, we will in fact cease to exist by virtue of the fact that we will have ceased to interact.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 12:30:10 pm by bwana »

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2019, 12:40:01 pm »

Just had a lecture from a professor who studies AI.
His conclusion was: AI will be a tool in the hands of people ; like a calculator.
It will not be able to make ART, other than being a tool helping to get to the outcome more quickly / more precise.

Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up