Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: z3200 won't print  (Read 822 times)

Andrew7

z3200 won't print
« on: October 04, 2018, 12:07:44 pm »

Hi,  After replacing a malfunctioning print head, doing an alignment and printing a successful diagnostic test sheet I thought I was ready to start printing again. Nope!  It would not print my file.  I suspect it was because the LCD displayed an expired ink message (I do have expired ink cartridges). Prior to this head replacement I received the same message but was able to clear it by hitting the OK button and continue printing. Now, the OK button does not clear the error message and no printing. I have replaced printheads several times in the past and was always able to clear the error message and continue printing. I'm hoping you experienced folks can help me with a solution. It would surely be greatly appreciated.
I am using Windows 7 and connected to the usb port.
Thank you,
Andy

Mark Lindquist

• it’s not about the photos we take - it’s the ones we leave
    • LINDQUIST STUDIOS
Re: z3200 won't print
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 09:56:30 pm »

Hi,  After replacing a malfunctioning print head, doing an alignment and printing a successful diagnostic test sheet I thought I was ready to start printing again. Nope!  It would not print my file.  I suspect it was because the LCD displayed an expired ink message (I do have expired ink cartridges). Prior to this head replacement I received the same message but was able to clear it by hitting the OK button and continue printing. Now, the OK button does not clear the error message and no printing. I have replaced printheads several times in the past and was always able to clear the error message and continue printing. I'm hoping you experienced folks can help me with a solution. It would surely be greatly appreciated.
I am using Windows 7 and connected to the usb port.
Thank you,
Andy

Unplug the printer and leave it unplugged over night.  Let it restart in the morning with no USB or LAN cables plugged in. Give it a long time - let it do the FSCK if it wants to.
Step 1.
Try it.

-M
Mark Lindquist
http://z3200.com, http://MarkLindquistPhotography.com
Lindquist Studios.com

Andrew7

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 10:44:51 pm »

Thanks Mark, I'll give that a try tonight.

Andy

Andrew7

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2018, 04:41:37 pm »

Mark,

Your suggestion worked. My z3200 is printing again. Thank you, The problem was driving me crazy.

My next project is to try to get my win 10 machine to access the HP utility. I know there have been discussions on this forum about this but have not fully understood on how to do it.

Andy

Mark Lindquist

• it’s not about the photos we take - it’s the ones we leave
    • LINDQUIST STUDIOS
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2018, 10:28:11 pm »

Mark,

Your suggestion worked. My z3200 is printing again. Thank you, The problem was driving me crazy.

My next project is to try to get my win 10 machine to access the HP utility. I know there have been discussions on this forum about this but have not fully understood on how to do it.

Andy

Uninstall your printer from Win 10. Go to Hp drivers online and download the correct drivers, firmware and utility, and firmware. Upgrade everything and make sure your new drivers are the ones being used.
Restart your printer then plug in lan cable. Do not use Usb - the printer won’t work using usb and windows 10.
Find your newly installed printer in your newly upgraded HP Utility then update your paper list in color center (sync computer with printer).

Sometimes it takes a couple of tries,  ut hopefully this will work.

Best,

Mark
Mark Lindquist
http://z3200.com, http://MarkLindquistPhotography.com
Lindquist Studios.com

jtmiller

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2018, 10:14:13 am »

There is a specific warning by HP that USB will NOT work with their utility under Windows recent releases. LAN is the only way forward until they fix their software.

Jim

mscherlacher

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2018, 11:51:15 am »

I'm running windows 10 and it's been a bit of a nightmare for me. The latest drivers don't work for me because the "print preview" function does not work. I have a copy of an older driver that works but for who knows how long. I've talked to HP about it and they are trying to fix the issue. When "10" updates itself (you can not turn updates totally off!!!) it destroys the path the printer uses. That one took me a while to figure out.  Hopefully HP will fix the current drivers for us. Also the current Utility that installs with the newest driver package has no support for the 3200! The stand alone Utility software is still there and works just fine for the 3200.   

It's true usb is completely useless if you want Utility to function with 10. Hp shows no sign of wanting to fix that little problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up