Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z7 support?  (Read 8476 times)

myotis

Re: Z7 support?
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2018, 08:38:21 am »

Maybe a bit late in the day, but it seems that z7 (I don't know about z6) is now supported in V11 of C1.

But you need to download a fresh copy from the Phase One archives.

https://forum.phaseone.com/En/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=29372&start=60#p144964https://forum.phaseone.com/En/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=29372&start=60#p144964

Cheers,

Graham

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2018, 09:14:40 am »

Maybe a bit late in the day, but it seems that z7 (I don't know about z6) is now supported in V11 of C1.

But you need to download a fresh copy from the Phase One archives.

https://forum.phaseone.com/En/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=29372&start=60#p144964https://forum.phaseone.com/En/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=29372&start=60#p144964

A bit late, but a class act indeed. Adding support for relatively new cameras to older versions of the software, is something that is rare.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

myotis

« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2018, 09:29:15 am »

A bit late, but a class act indeed. Adding support for relatively new cameras to older versions of the software, is something that is rare.

I agree it's good they are providing support, in what is now outdated software, but its pity they haven't publicised it a bit more. There are possibly obvious financial reasons not to, but equally a bit of good PR wouldn't do them any harm at the moment, as there are a lot of negative comments floating around.

Cheers,

Graham

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2018, 09:56:28 am »

Hopefully P1 also addressed the issue where a layer WB was not copying correctly between two images. 

Only on Windows version of 11.3.  Opened a case, and was told they were aware of the issue.  Temp fix was to download beta of 12, which did not have the problem.  Need to pull down the version of 11 with the update for the Z7 and see if my issue was fixed.

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

alan_b

• West Coast Architecture + Interiors Photographer
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2018, 11:59:40 am »

Well done Phase!  I'm still using 11 for production, even though I paid for the 12 upgrade.

Walter Rowe

• WalterRowe.com
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2019, 02:49:50 pm »

There is a workaround however (not ideal to me), which is to convert the NEF Files to DNG. Now C1 can read the lens correction paramenters from the DNG file and apply them. So far the colours look fine and will report if I encounter any issue with this approach.
Oh, I need to try this. I am very disappointed that the kit lens or built-in profile in the NEF are not supported. Seems a little hurried to me for PhaseOne in order to claim they support the Z6 and Z7 bodies. Hoping the next update addresses this. In the mean time I will try the DNG converter trick. Thanks!
Walter Rowe

Walter Rowe

• WalterRowe.com
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2019, 06:30:31 pm »

OK. So I tried this and it works! Amazing. When you convert a camera native raw file to adobe dng (I did not embed the camera native raw file), Capture One Pro recognized the camera manufacturer's embedded lens profile. It does not recognize it in the camera native raw file. I am opening a case for this with Capture One.
Walter Rowe

Walter Rowe

• WalterRowe.com
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2019, 06:35:46 pm »

I am opening a separate case to complain (once again) about their generally less than stellar support for adobe dng derivatives from camera native raw files. The "Shot" white balance for the camera native raw file is nearly 1000K greater than the adobe dng version, and the tint about 7.7 greater in the camera native raw file than in the adobe dng file. Why does Capture One handle adobe dng files so differently if they are supposed to have the same information in them? Is Capture One really getting all the information available out of the dng file and processing it correctly? Lightroom will use the exact same settings for both versions and produce the exact same look. Capture One has a wickedly different interpretation and thus requires wildly differently white balance setting.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 06:45:49 pm by Walter Rowe »
Walter Rowe

DP

« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2019, 06:46:11 pm »

The "Shot" white balance for the camera native raw file is nearly 1000K greater than the adobe dng version, and the tint about 7.7 greater in the camera native raw file than in the adobe dng file.

K & tint numbers are really irrelevant... every raw converter calculates them differently and more so - you can adjust CM matrices so that Adobe tools will be showing wildly different K/tint values for a different camera profile (once you modify just those matrices there) while the output will be the same... you can do this with Adobe DNG PE for example - see its manual

Why does Capture One handle adobe dng files so differently if they are supposed to have the same information in them?

why all raw converted are different when they deal with the same raw files, huh ?

Is Capture One really getting all the information available out of the dng file and processing it correctly? Lightroom will use the exact same settings for both versions and produce the exact same look. Capture One has a wickedly different interpretation and thus requires wildly differently white balance setting.

Because C1 has totally different approach to raw conversion in terms when certain parts of camera profiles are applied to data, not to mention that that their camera profiles are not DCP profiles

DP

« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2019, 06:49:11 pm »

Lightroom will use the exact same settings for both versions and produce the exact same look.

that is by design - Adobe code specifically is written so that conversion from raw file and conversion from DNG converted by the same version of their software will be identical - you can say for simplicity that ACR & LR first "convert" raw file internally into DNG and the work from there... hence no difference...

Denis de Gannes

« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2019, 08:34:36 pm »

that is by design - Adobe code specifically is written so that conversion from raw file and conversion from DNG converted by the same version of their software will be identical - you can say for simplicity that ACR & LR first "convert" raw file internally into DNG and the work from there... hence no difference...

To me this appears to be pure speculation, it more logical to understand that they both use the same processing engine and the same profiles to achieve the same result.
Neither application makes any changes to the raw file data.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 08:41:13 pm by Denis de Gannes »
Equip: iMac (Ret. 5K,27"Mid 2015),macOS 10.15.6
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up