Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Free Capture One for Fujifilm cameras  (Read 8070 times)

Paul Steunebrink

• Image Alchemist
Free Capture One for Fujifilm cameras
« on: September 25, 2018, 09:37:47 am »

With the introduction of Capture One 11.3 today, two new running modes are added for a specific camera brand: Fujifilm.

Capture One Express Fujifilm (free) and Capture One Pro Fujifilm (paid, subscription) are now available.

Similar to the Sony modes the Express mode has a limited feature set but with the same well-known image quality. The Pro mode adds many features like layers and tethered support.

Interesting news is the support of the Fujifilm GFX 50S.

All paid Pro licenses (perpetual and subscription) and bundles with styles are available at the Phase One store for a reduced price with promotional code AMBALCHEMIST.

Details: 10% reduction on perpetual licenses, upgrades and styles; 5% reduction on subscriptions
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 10:07:31 am by Paul Steunebrink »

DeskJockey

Re: Free Capture One for Fujifilm cameras
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 01:15:10 pm »

So how does this work for current CO Pro users?  Will I be paying an additional fee to get the Pro Fuji mode, or is Pro mode included when I upgrade to 11.3? 

Rich

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 01:27:21 pm »

You don't pay anything else for the new Fuji camera availability.  I just downloaded the new version this morning and finally, I can use C1 for the GFX files.  Sweet!  This is big for Fuji.
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 01:30:10 pm »

How's the lensdistortion correction? Is it available? For what lenses? Also for aps-c files and lenses?
Regards,
~ O ~
If you can stomach it: pictures

Jeff

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2018, 02:22:34 pm »

You don't pay anything else for the new Fuji camera availability.  I just downloaded the new version this morning and finally, I can use C1 for the GFX files.  Sweet!  This is big for Fuji.

Why is it big for Fuji ?

I can see for photographers' who would rather use C1 for processing this is welcome and  Phase One with some additional sales of the software but in what way does Fuji benefit ?

Christopher

• http://www.hauser-photoart.com
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2018, 05:55:43 pm »

Because a lot of people were using C1 with their camera, but were forced back to Lightroom because the GFX wasn’t supported.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Christopher Hauser
[email=chris@hauser-p

DP

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2018, 09:20:53 pm »

I can see for photographers' who would rather use C1 for processing this is welcome and  Phase One with some additional sales of the software but in what way does Fuji benefit ?

in what way Adobe supporting raw conversion for a particular camera model benefits sales of the said camera model ? so does P1 just on a smaller scale

DP

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2018, 09:21:34 pm »

How's the lensdistortion correction? Is it available? For what lenses? Also for aps-c files and lenses?

Fuji writes optics correction data in their raw files -> P1 uses it ... in addition P1 provides their own lens profiles for some GF lenses

gazwas

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2018, 03:46:47 pm »

Great for Fuji users but considering this is a full point feature update, Phase hasn't added any interesting features to C1 for nearly 12 months since the update to C1 11. Are they running out of ideas and decided to cash in by adding camera support that not too long ago, every dealer on here said they would never do.....

Hasselblad will be next, then they will go to the full subscription only and bin perceptual licences!
trying to think of something meaningful........ Err?

nemtom

• Tamas Nemeth
    • 500 px gallery
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2018, 04:51:01 pm »

Great for Fuji users but considering this is a full point feature update, Phase hasn't added any interesting features to C1 for nearly 12 months since the update to C1 11. Are they running out of ideas and decided to cash in by adding camera support that not too long ago, every dealer on here said they would never do.....

Hasselblad will be next, then they will go to the full subscription only and bin perceptual licences!

Some say that the Normalize tool in 11.1 (April) was a quite interesting thing (at least I do use it when an LCC shot is not convenient with the very dark ND filters I like to shoot with).
Add Styles to a Layer was another big thing added in 11.1. Might be interesting or not, it's up to you. I rarely use styles anyway.
Some might think that the Autocolumn feature in 11.2 (June) is quite important for the cultural heritage users (but it was fun to design and implement, I can tell you :) ). The same goes to the Slipstream mode in Win.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2018, 08:18:28 pm »

It would be nice to see a pano tool, and an exposure blend if possible.  Sure you can export images to photoshop, and create a pano, or ptgui, but these are tiff and IMO the best blending on a pano is done at the raw level. 

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

gazwas

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2018, 06:32:54 am »

Some say that the Normalize tool in 11.1 (April) was a quite interesting thing (at least I do use it when an LCC shot is not convenient with the very dark ND filters I like to shoot with).
Add Styles to a Layer was another big thing added in 11.1. Might be interesting or not, it's up to you. I rarely use styles anyway.
Some might think that the Autocolumn feature in 11.2 (June) is quite important for the cultural heritage users (but it was fun to design and implement, I can tell you :) ). The same goes to the Slipstream mode in Win.

No use to me in the day to day and not exactly earth shatteringly great new features. Don’t get me started on the styles implementation which looks like another avenue to earn more cash from users than a truly great point feature update.

What happened to all the questionnaires we filled out re photoshop and phase wanting to take some of its features on? Layer blending, path tools etc to really make us want to update rather than these lack luster upgrades? Sighhhh.......

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2018, 09:38:00 am »

No use to me in the day to day and not exactly earth shatteringly great new features. Don’t get me started on the styles implementation which looks like another avenue to earn more cash from users than a truly great point feature update.

What happened to all the questionnaires we filled out re photoshop and phase wanting to take some of its features on? Layer blending, path tools etc to really make us want to update rather than these lack luster upgrades? Sighhhh.......

Almost every feature added in the last two years was user-request based.

What you're making note of us is that C1 is used by a broad variety of users (even if it is a narrower range than LR), so what is relevant to another user is not relevant to you.

For both practical and marketing reasons the features they tackle also tend to be clumped/thematic. That can lead to a bit of an annoyance for a given version when a given year goes by and their desired clumps/themes are not tackled. That does not mean your requests are being ignored.

gazwas

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2018, 10:07:08 am »

I’m not talking about the last two years just since version 11 was released. You can hardly call clumping CH version in with the standard version a requested feature.

So since the initial release of version 11, what stand out features have been added that does not relate to CH workflows???

TommyWeir

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2018, 12:20:29 pm »

I couldn't be happier.

My chosen camera system and my chosen software bonded at the hip.

Way to go, Phase One, thrilled here.  My GFX looms ever closer and someday, someday...

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2018, 02:41:38 pm »

I’m not talking about the last two years just since version 11 was released. You can hardly call clumping CH version in with the standard version a requested feature.

So since the initial release of version 11, what stand out features have been added that does not relate to CH workflows???

One man's standout feature is another man's CNCL ...

But here is the feature changes summary since 11.0 (excludes tweaks to the UI, bug fixes, speedups, and the addition of new camera models/lenses):
  • 11.0.1 (Don't recall if 11.0.0 preceded it)
    • Annotations
    • Export with Assets
    • Improved “Back-up And Restore” mechanism for Catalogs
    • Duplicate checker for the Importer
    • LAB Readouts
    • Levels as a Layer Adjustment
    • Color Balance as a Layer Adjustment
    • Create new Filled Layer
    • Presets for Layer capable tools
    • Master Layer Opacity
    • Feather Mask
    • Refine Mask Edge
    • Clear Mask
    • Greyscale Mask preview mode
    • Expanded AppleScript
------------------------------------
  • 11.1.0 • New Normalize tool
    • Create Style Layers from the Styles tool
    • Enhanced LCC presets
    • Expanded Apple Script
    • Includes “SPRING” Style Pack
  • 11.2.0 • Capture One CH now selectable from the Capture One launch window
    • “Slipstream” mode - a Simplified UI, with touch screen support (for Windows only)
    • PPI-assist tool. Position an iXG camera on a copy stand to capture at a given PPI (for
    Mac only, Note, iXG camera with Feature Update 2 firmware required)
    • iXG camera extension tube support for 72mm and 120mm lenses (Feature Update #2
    firmware required).
  • 11.2.1 No new features
  • 11.3.0 • Capture One Pro Fujifilm
    • Full feature set as in Capture One Pro edition
    • Tethered support for supported Fujifilm cameras only
    • RAW file support for supported Fujifilm cameras only

Cheers,
Bart
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 02:45:42 pm by BartvanderWolf »
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

gazwas

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2018, 04:35:39 pm »

One man's standout feature is another man's CNCL ...

Gosh, seems you lot are so easily pleased.......  ;)

• 11.0.1 (Don't recall if 11.0.0 preceded it)
    • Annotations
    • Export with Assets
    • Improved “Back-up And Restore” mechanism for Catalogs
    • Duplicate checker for the Importer
    • LAB Readouts
    • Levels as a Layer Adjustment
    • Color Balance as a Layer Adjustment
    • Create new Filled Layer
    • Presets for Layer capable tools
    • Master Layer Opacity
    • Feather Mask
    • Refine Mask Edge
    • Clear Mask
    • Greyscale Mask preview mode
    • Expanded AppleScript

I appreciate version 11 was a great release and layers are fab but some of the above is just adding back functions available in version 10 but with layers support rather than the local adjustments. Mask tools are great but since the initial release nothing further.

• 11.1.0 • New Normalize tool
    • Create Style Layers from the Styles tool
    • Enhanced LCC presets
    • Expanded Apple Script
    • Includes “SPRING” Style Pack
  • 11.2.0 • Capture One CH now selectable from the Capture One launch window
    • “Slipstream” mode - a Simplified UI, with touch screen support (for Windows only)
    • PPI-assist tool. Position an iXG camera on a copy stand to capture at a given PPI (for
    Mac only, Note, iXG camera with Feature Update 2 firmware required)
    • iXG camera extension tube support for 72mm and 120mm lenses (Feature Update #2
    firmware required).
  • 11.2.1 No new features
  • 11.3.0 • Capture One Pro Fujifilm
    • Full feature set as in Capture One Pro edition
    • Tethered support for supported Fujifilm cameras only
    • RAW file support for supported Fujifilm cameras only

Cheers,
Bart

In the 10 or so months since 11.0.1, I see nothing there unless I was a Fuji user.  :(

nemtom

• Tamas Nemeth
    • 500 px gallery
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2018, 04:08:18 am »

Let’s return to this after the 12 is released, shall we?

I think there will be a few interesting features requested by the users in those questionary... :)

howardgf

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2018, 08:10:29 pm »

I use Lightroom but was curious to see what C1's RAW converter was all about for Fuji files. When the free version came out I had no reason not to try it. I started reading the user manual and viewing the learning videos to get familiar with it. Unfortunately the learning material doesn't tell you that many of the features it describes are not available in the free Fuji version. If I knew that upfront I would not have wasted my time trying to figure out why it's not working for me. I think PhaseOne would be well served to update their materials with a notation "not available in free version" and prevent a lot of learning curve frustration for new users. For what it's worth that's my 2 cents!   ;)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 08:17:03 pm by howardgf »

TommyWeir

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2018, 06:24:00 am »

Nice comments from David Glover of C1 on Fuji and the look of their images straight out of camera in their latest webinar on Black&Whites.

https://youtu.be/YDfnlNASkBQ
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up