Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: An incredible Tuscan sunrise  (Read 2529 times)

Vieri Bottazzini

• WEBSITES
An incredible Tuscan sunrise
« on: June 20, 2018, 03:49:42 am »

An incredible sunrise at Podere Belvedere, photo taken during a Workshop I led in Tuscany (Italy) in November 2017. Leica SL, Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-90mm and filters Formatt-Hitech Firecrest.

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri
Vieri Bottazzini
Ambassador for Phase One, H&Y Filters & NYA-EVO
https://linktr.ee/vieribottazzini

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
Re: An incredible Tuscan sunrise
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 06:28:42 am »

Incredible indeed.

Kevin Gallagher

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 06:41:05 am »

Vieri, you never disappoint!! I really like the quality of the light on the ground portion of the shot.
Kevin In CT
All Animals Are Equal But Some Are More Equal
 George Orwell

thierrylegros396

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2018, 07:15:28 am »

Whatever the crop, it's incredible.

Well done.

Thierry

KMRennie

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2018, 07:38:26 am »

Another joy to look at with the sublime light on the land. Ken

Cornfield

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2018, 10:37:05 am »

Incredible?  This looks like a poor effort at processing an image.  Very false.

James Clark

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2018, 01:56:23 pm »

Are you two (Slobodan & Cornfield) looking at the same image I am?  There's a magenta tint for sure, but I can't say I've never seen such a thing in real life.

Cornfield

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2018, 02:18:06 pm »

James Clark the sky is hideously over processed and the image in general looks false. 

But as we are no longer allowed to call spade a spade without upsetting a moderator I think its time to leave this place.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2018, 02:59:06 pm »

But as we are no longer allowed to call spade a spade without upsetting a moderator I think its time to leave this place.

You may leave or stay, as you wish; but if you stay, you must express yourself with courtesy.

Jeremy

Rory

• Recent images
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2018, 04:14:19 pm »

Vieri

Can you show us what the image looked like before you processed?  I'm asking because while the image is interesting it just does not feel right to me.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/roryhi

guido

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2018, 08:06:47 pm »

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked.
    Lord Chesterfield
    (1694 - 1773)

Martin Kristiansen

• Martin Kristiansen
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2018, 01:10:52 am »

I’m sure as long as we are polite we can express an opinion. I am also not comfortable with the processing. Looks like to much shadow recovery for starters and a bit too much vibrancy and or saturation. Depending on what software was used to process the image, I’m sure you all get my drift.

I usually find Vieri’s images very impressive even if not to my personal taste but this one not so much. I do of course acknowledge that if something is not to my taste it doesn’t make it weak or bad. 
Commercial photography is 10% inspiration and 90% moving furniture around.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2018, 09:25:37 am »

In retrospect, and given that this is a showcase forum, my tone was indeed out of line, and I decided to remove my posts (Jeremy, if you wish, you can remove my quote from your response as well). Looks like, in my struggles with my inner Simon Cowell, he won this time ;)

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2018, 03:00:20 pm »

In retrospect, and given that this is a showcase forum, my tone was indeed out of line, and I decided to remove my posts (Jeremy, if you wish, you can remove my quote from your response as well). Looks like, in my struggles with my inner Simon Cowell, he won this time ;)

That is never a Good Thing. Thank you. I have removed my response.

Jeremy

Farmer

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2018, 03:52:07 pm »

Controlling ones Cowell is commendable :-)
Phil Brown

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2018, 05:36:06 pm »

Controlling ones Cowell is commendable :-)
Can I buy an inner Simon Cowell from B&H? And does it come with all necessary controls?   ???
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

francois

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2018, 03:20:03 am »

I'm late in the party but I can only add praises to the above comments… Late fall or early winter is also a good season for photography in Val d'Orcia.
Bravo!
Francois

Vieri Bottazzini

• WEBSITES
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2018, 06:30:03 am »

Incredible indeed.

Thank you very much Paulo, glad you enjoyed it! :)

Vieri, you never disappoint!! I really like the quality of the light on the ground portion of the shot.

Thank you very much indeed Kevin, glad you enjoyed the light! :)

Whatever the crop, it's incredible.

Well done.

Thierry

Thank you very much Thierry, glad you liked it! :)

Another joy to look at with the sublime light on the land. Ken

Thank you very much indeed Ken, glad you enjoyed the light! :)

Vieri

Can you show us what the image looked like before you processed?  I'm asking because while the image is interesting it just does not feel right to me.

Hello Rory, sorry that the image didn't feel right to you. I am perfectly fine with my interpretations not being to everyone's taste, no problems at all - however, I have to respectfully say no to your question, I never show my unprocessed raw. Sorry about that :)

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked.
    Lord Chesterfield
    (1694 - 1773)

Very well said. Let me add this, since we are quoting: "Rudeness is a weak imitation of strength", Eric Hoffer (Philosopher, 1902 - 1983)

I’m sure as long as we are polite we can express an opinion. I am also not comfortable with the processing. Looks like to much shadow recovery for starters and a bit too much vibrancy and or saturation. Depending on what software was used to process the image, I’m sure you all get my drift.

I usually find Vieri’s images very impressive even if not to my personal taste but this one not so much. I do of course acknowledge that if something is not to my taste it doesn’t make it weak or bad. 

Hello Martin, thank you for your comment, much appreciated indeed. No problems at all with not liking the photograph, that's absolutely fine, and I thank you for expressing your opinion with such grace. About your qualms, there is no shadow recovery done, at all. I used a Grad ND filter at the time of shooting though, to balance the difference in luminance between the sky and the ground, since I was shooting against the sun. I also don't use vibrance nor saturation, I never liked the results they provide. I process my images in Camera Raw using various brushes, and finish them in PS CC.

I also very much appreciate your acknowledgement of your opinion being just that, a person's opinion, and not holding any universal value: that is exactly right, and I wish that everyone shared your approach to viewing other people's work and to critique. At the same time, I am perfectly aware that my photographs cannot please everyone, and that while (luckily for me) there are many who liked them, there always will be someone who does not. And I am perfectly fine with it, of course: I hope my next proposal will be more to your liking! :)

I'm late in the party but I can only add praises to the above comments… Late fall or early winter is also a good season for photography in Val d'Orcia.
Bravo!

Thank you very much indeed Francois, I am glad you enjoyed it! :)

Best regards,

Vieri
Vieri Bottazzini
Ambassador for Phase One, H&Y Filters & NYA-EVO
https://linktr.ee/vieribottazzini

bgberlin01

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2018, 12:45:10 pm »

Vieri Bottazzini,

Thanks for sharing your beautiful picture of the sunrise, I recognize the work in creating such a picture.. no, it's an image.  This image is your creation which is what elevates from a 'point- and shoot' to a one-of-a-kind
creation.  Your replies to the opinions expressed in this topic were perfect.  They respect others opinions and were a constructive exchange between the creator of the work and those who viewed it.  May we continue to learn from each other, the image we create together is always greater than the sum of its parts.  (OK...most of the time!).

Kevin Gallagher

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2018, 01:04:24 pm »

Vieri Bottazzini,

Thanks for sharing your beautiful picture of the sunrise, I recognize the work in creating such a picture.. no, it's an image.  This image is your creation which is what elevates from a 'point- and shoot' to a one-of-a-kind
creation.  Your replies to the opinions expressed in this topic were perfect.  They respect others opinions and were a constructive exchange between the creator of the work and those who viewed it.  May we continue to learn from each other, the image we create together is always greater than the sum of its parts.  (OK...most of the time!).
[/b]

What our newbie said!!!
Kevin In CT
All Animals Are Equal But Some Are More Equal
 George Orwell
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up