Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ver. 7.3.1 freezing up, win 10? Go back to 7.2?  (Read 1190 times)

johnkiv

• JohnKishIV photography
Ver. 7.3.1 freezing up, win 10? Go back to 7.2?
« on: June 14, 2018, 03:30:00 pm »

I was very happy camper this whole spring with LR CC until these last two updates.  Lightroom will lock up, "Not Responding" when I leave the program and come back, or just go to a black screen then ask to close or wait.  No other programs seem are causing problems at this point.  The desktop is 2 years old and this first I have any problem like this.

I did some searching and found out that you can go back to older versions with the down arrow on open/install tab on the CC dashboard.  New to me.

Has anyone have that help?

Thanks for any help, John

krseals

Re: Ver. 7.3.1 freezing up, win 10? Go back to 7.2?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 12:54:22 am »

Yes, you can use the drop down arrow on the right side of the oval to pick earlier versions to install. That will not uninstall the present version.
A number of users in the Adobe forums have reported the hang you are describing and Adobe is working on it.

Kiwi Paul

• My flickr
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 10:23:24 am »

On my desktop LR CC (latest ver) locks up after downloading files from the SD card after the eject message pops up.
I uninstalled and reinstalled it but still the same.
Very annoying.
Sony A7R3 + FE 12-24, 24-105, 70-300
Sony RX100 Mk6

tcyin

• https://www.neurotraveler.com
    • neurotraveler.com
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2019, 02:36:51 pm »

Late to this topic, but I just had the same problem. LR was working fine and suddenly got the 'not responding' message and it would freeze up when I tried to do anything. On startup it would go to my last image but wouldn't allow anything. This was with LR CC on Windows 10 machine.

I found that my hard drive free memory had dropped below the 10% recommended by MS. By freeing up free space, the LR 'not responding' problem disappeared and it's now back to normal. So this is an easy thing to try if you have this problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up