Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need Opinion: Leica S06 Fuji GFX Pentax 645Z RESOLVED  (Read 6789 times)

pschefz

Re: Need Opinion: Leica S06 Fuji GFX Pentax 645Z
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2018, 06:56:41 pm »

why MF then at all ? is there something in 50mp MF so better for the stated purposes than 42-46-50mp dSLR or dSLM from Sony, Nikon or Canon ? used Sony A7R2 you can have for <= $1500 for example and its Eye AF will still run circles around all MF Fuji, Pentax or Leica...
the files from the 50mpix chip are a very small but noticeable step up from A7RIII and D850.....A7RII, 810 and canon are a little further behind (all for different reasons)...we can argue about sharpness (a lot depends on lenses) and detail , maybe even DR but there is definitely more room for adjustments in post....for 95% of all applications the smaller cameras will be a much better choice...and even for the last 5% the real advantage is debatable....
that does not mean that there is no difference and i simply prefer the files.....

the next 100mpix chips will be better all around and will hopefully help narrow the gap in terms of AF but the A7RIII and D850 will still be a better choice for 95% of applications just because these cameras are so great already......and for me the difference between the existing 50mpix cameras and the future 100 pix models will mostly be what i will be able to do with the files afterwards....better color for post and more room for cropping....better AF would be nice but i fine working with the GFX now, so that is bonus....

there are plenty of raw files available for download from all systems....
there is no magic to any of these systems...so pixel peeping with raws shows what one camera can do over the other.....
optical vs EVF is personal preference.....to me the choice has been clear for a while....

there are situations and applications that have specific needs....the 4shot file from the sony A7RIII is clearly more detailed then one shot from the 50mpix.....so if that is something that might work for one person, the answer is simple and the solution is cheaper.....
for wide open and fast moving people and situations, none of the DMF systems can compete.....and the minor advantages in IQ will completely pointless......
schefz.com
artloch.com

DougDolde

• Images of the American West
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2018, 12:20:32 am »

I sold off my Phase One IQ180 kit for a Nikon D850, it's plenty good

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2018, 03:02:49 am »

Hi Bernard,

I have not seen some good tests on the X1D lenses, while there were a lot of very good tests by Jim Kasson on the Fuji lenses.

Hasselblad traditionally publishes MTF data for their lenses, and they are pretty excellent. Fuji's MTF data they publish is probably calculated.

My impression is that Hasselblad has priority on compact lenses while Fuji makes lenses a bit larger.

Another consideration may that Hasselblad has leaf shutters while the GFX has focal plane shutter. LS allows for a lot of flexibility for flash while the focal plane shutter allows for a great variety of lens options.

I would guess that Hasselblad puts more effort in the X1 system than in the H-system? What is your take?

Best regards
Erik

If anything the X1D lenses have overall been reviewed as being slightly superior to the Fuji ones I would say (themselves excellent). But these 2 lenses sets are the best there are in any format IMHO, so trying to tell them apart is mostly a moot point.

We live in a great era really. The freedom of lens design offered by mirrorless combined with various progress made in terms of lens design simulation, test benches, manufacturing techniques,... are opening totally new opportunities.

Cheers,
Bernard
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 03:07:47 am by ErikKaffehr »
Erik Kaffehr

DP

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2018, 08:04:48 pm »

the files from the 50mpix chip are a very small but noticeable step up from A7RIII and D850.....A7RII, 810 and canon are a little further behind (all for different reasons)...we can argue about sharpness (a lot depends on lenses) and detail , maybe even DR but there is definitely more room for adjustments in post....for 95% of all applications the smaller cameras will be a much better choice...and even for the last 5% the real advantage is debatable....
that does not mean that there is no difference and i simply prefer the files.....

the next 100mpix chips will be better all around and will hopefully help narrow the gap in terms of AF but the A7RIII and D850 will still be a better choice for 95% of applications just because these cameras are so great already......and for me the difference between the existing 50mpix cameras and the future 100 pix models will mostly be what i will be able to do with the files afterwards....better color for post and more room for cropping....better AF would be nice but i fine working with the GFX now, so that is bonus....

there are plenty of raw files available for download from all systems....
there is no magic to any of these systems...so pixel peeping with raws shows what one camera can do over the other.....
optical vs EVF is personal preference.....to me the choice has been clear for a while....

there are situations and applications that have specific needs....the 4shot file from the sony A7RIII is clearly more detailed then one shot from the 50mpix.....so if that is something that might work for one person, the answer is simple and the solution is cheaper.....
for wide open and fast moving people and situations, none of the DMF systems can compete.....and the minor advantages in IQ will completely pointless......

OP stated a very specific case = "Just 1 Lens for your personal use and mainly do portraits and some group shots using a 80mm 2.8 lens.  Limited funds . I know all of these would work. Use Flash off camera and Max ISO 800." , not sure where the " noticeable step up " from any of 40+ mp dSLR/dSLM will be there  ;D ... not in DR for sure... resolution will be barely noticeable even in staged tests with targets... and I doubt that he has cash to jump into not yet released 100mp brand new MF dSLMs (44x33mm class - not the likes of P1 backs)

pschefz

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2018, 10:21:10 pm »

OP stated a very specific case = "Just 1 Lens for your personal use and mainly do portraits and some group shots using a 80mm 2.8 lens.  Limited funds . I know all of these would work. Use Flash off camera and Max ISO 800." , not sure where the " noticeable step up " from any of 40+ mp dSLR/dSLM will be there  ;D ... not in DR for sure... resolution will be barely noticeable even in staged tests with targets... and I doubt that he has cash to jump into not yet released 100mp brand new MF dSLMs (44x33mm class - not the likes of P1 backs)

as i said earlier, the GFX with the 32-64 zoom will cover it perfectly and better then the pentax and definitely leica....
but i would recommend a A7RIII or D850 over either system.....
what i meant to say about the not yet released 100mpix systems is that even those wont be that big of a step up over the existing sony or nikon solutions for the applications he described....
schefz.com
artloch.com

rollsman44

Re: Need Opinion: Leica S06 Fuji GFX Pentax 645Z RESOLVED
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2018, 06:05:29 pm »

I decided on the Fuji GFX 50  and the 63/2.8 for now.  Thank you everyone for all your input

Kirk_C

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2018, 12:08:05 am »

I decided on the Fuji GFX 50  and the 63/2.8 for now.  Thank you everyone for all your input

Now that you've had it for a few weeks what do you think ?

airfang

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2018, 12:37:20 am »

Great choice! You won't regret!

rollsman44

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2018, 11:20:45 pm »

Image Quality is Fantastic.  The camera and the lens is Not heavy.  I shot my nieces wedding with the GFX and the colors were awesome
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up