Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Street Art  (Read 15555 times)

Farmer

Re: Street Art
« Reply #140 on: May 27, 2018, 07:30:08 pm »

Everyone else is happy with the forum, it seems.  I didn't realise it was created for your exclusive use or that you were an accepted authority on what is and what isn't?

Leave it.  Post your stuff, let others post theirs.  Comment, critique, but don't think for a moment you are the sole arbiter of what is and what isn't acceptable.
Phil Brown

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #141 on: May 27, 2018, 07:59:15 pm »

That's okay Phil. You guys just go ahead and post what you want to post. No reason to do any research or to study what "street photography" actually means. Have fun. If I'm here I'll be over on User Critiques.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Farmer

« Reply #142 on: May 27, 2018, 08:55:50 pm »

That's okay Phil. You guys just go ahead and post what you want to post. No reason to do any research or to study what "street photography" actually means. Have fun. If I'm here I'll be over on User Critiques.

So if someone disagrees with you, or comes to different conclusions, they don't know what they're talking about?

Whilst I'm utterly useless at it, I've got a pretty reasonable handle on what it is and I think people should be welcome to post.  Critique it by all means, but let's not police it and criticise it.  Provide information, links, experience, knowledge.  Yes, do all that.  But just complaining "that's not Street" (according to you) isn't helpful, particularly when other people feel it is a valid piece within the genre, even if you think we're all young idiots.
Phil Brown

Ivophoto

« Reply #143 on: May 28, 2018, 12:41:12 am »

So if someone disagrees with you, or comes to different conclusions, they don't know what they're talking about?

Whilst I'm utterly useless at it, I've got a pretty reasonable handle on what it is and I think people should be welcome to post.  Critique it by all means, but let's not police it and criticise it.  Provide information, links, experience, knowledge.  Yes, do all that.  But just complaining "that's not Street" (according to you) isn't helpful, particularly when other people feel it is a valid piece within the genre, even if you think we're all young idiots.
+1

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #144 on: May 28, 2018, 04:08:40 am »

Enough, I think.

Jeremy
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up