Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Borrowdale trees - more  (Read 1235 times)

john beardsworth

• My photography site
Borrowdale trees - more
« on: May 11, 2018, 03:15:39 am »

This is upper Borrowdale, near where I stay when I am in the Lake District. Round here they say that if you don't like the weather, wait five minutes. Here you get some idea why!

John

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
Re: Borrowdale trees - more
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 05:02:41 am »

Fantastic.

guido

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 06:19:29 am »

Just lovely! There is no bad weather, just inadequate clothing selection...

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 08:44:56 am »

Fantastic.
Agreed.
You set your lights up just perfectly!   ;)
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

francois

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2018, 11:10:29 am »

Nice landscape with good colors and light. I also like the stonewall and its line goes to the fenced meadow.
Well see and done!
Francois

John R

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2018, 11:49:08 am »

Great shot John!

JR

Rajan Parrikar

• Rajan Parrikar
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2018, 12:17:26 pm »

Lovely.

MattBurt

• Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2018, 12:33:25 pm »

Good one! Love the dynamic range of this and the composition is very nice too.
-MattB

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2018, 12:39:59 pm »

There is no bad weather, just inadequate clothing selection...

Another local saying! This spot is near the rain gauge that holds England's rainfall records for a single day and annually.

Thanks all. Ken Rennie and I are doing our best to show Borrowdale's many qualities.

KMRennie

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2018, 09:52:04 am »

Love the image John. You have even managed to make wilted bracken look good. Changing light and Borrowdale go hand in hand. Ken

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2018, 02:11:21 pm »

Excellent John.

Now that is what I call the art of seeing, because each of the elements within the shot would not really mean anything on its own or be anything special if viewed in isolation, but when observed as a complete whole and then framed together under just the right moment of light and in such a masterful way (yes I really mean that) as you have done here John, then I wonder how anyone could even begin to doubt just how creative the art of good landscape photography actually is.

Bravo!!!

Dave

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2018, 12:46:04 pm »

Thanks Ken and Dave.

It's a scene that I noticed only last year and has become a bit of an obsession when I am here - luckily I can be there in 15-20 minutes. A funny thing is that initially I was put off by the number of compositional "rules" that seemed present - rule of thirds, frame in a frame, lead in line.

Ken, were you at Rheged on Sunday? I looked for you after I noticed your lovely snow print in the Keswick CC area. 

John

KMRennie

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2018, 03:30:32 pm »

There on Saturday John. I thought that the print was too saturated. Did you notice that the Keswick area was full of nature shots ( and very good they are too)which seems strange given that the club is in the middle of the best landscape area in the country. Ken

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2018, 03:45:55 pm »

Maybe the landscape doesn't seem so special if you see it every day? There's a bloke who has lived his whole life in the village and has never been up the fells or over into Buttermere.

Brookie

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2018, 09:10:40 pm »

Terrific image!  I really like the layered flow of the ridge-top, the tree-tops, and the rock wall. Well done!!!

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2018, 09:51:56 am »

Maybe the landscape doesn't seem so special if you see it every day? There's a bloke who has lived his whole life in the village and has never been up the fells or over into Buttermere.

When we first moved to Skye seven years ago, after a few weeks of settling in I ended up having a chat with our new neighbour over the garden fence sort of thing. So what are you hoping to do up here she asked me and I hear you are a painter and a famous artist? Well no actually I am neither of those things, as unfortunatley I can't paint for toffee I said, but I am a landscape photographer and so we are going to run a B&B for landscape photographers and I might do some gallery shows and sales and also run a dozen or so workshops a year, so if you know any secret out of the way places that you could point me to that are beautiful and that no one else knows about, I would be eternally grateful I asked her. Oh I have never been into the island she told me shaking her head as though I must be out of my mind. But you were born here and have lived here all your life haven't you? Oh yes she said, but I have never felt the need to go into the island, it's all single track roads and pot holes in there. So where do you like to go I asked her? Blackpool came the reply and we go as often as we can, several times a year in fact if we can afford it, it's really good there you know, have you ever been?...

So I suppose if amazing scenery is there every day as the backdrop to your life, you don't really see it anymore and in fact probably only ever want to see the complete opposite of it..

This is all true by the way and I have had quite a few similar conversations over the years with the locals and which I actually find quite charming.

Dave
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 10:01:17 am by Dave (Isle of Skye) »
Pages: [1]   Go Up