Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Schedule unattended IPF6400 printing  (Read 4154 times)

Landscapes

Re: Schedule unattended IPF6400 printing
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2018, 12:33:33 am »

Sorry to hijack this thread, but are there options like this for Windows?  I find that if the 6400 prints at least something every 2 days, then it doesn't do a forced clean cycle.  So if you will be away for a week or two, but the printer gets a small 1ml print job, you will be saving tons of ink.  Mine went through over 60 or 70ml of cleaning just after being away less than 2 weeks.  Next time I go away, I'd like to give it something to do every 2 days.

gchappel

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2018, 12:01:25 pm »

Sorry to hijack this thread, but are there options like this for Windows?  I find that if the 6400 prints at least something every 2 days, then it doesn't do a forced clean cycle.  So if you will be away for a week or two, but the printer gets a small 1ml print job, you will be saving tons of ink.  Mine went through over 60 or 70ml of cleaning just after being away less than 2 weeks.  Next time I go away, I'd like to give it something to do every 2 days.
On windows this is EASY. 
Qimage has this in place, as well as an image that uses all inks.  I use it with the 8400. 
I have 3 printers scheduled to print every several days- I just wish it would load paper so I wouldn't run out when away.
Gary

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2018, 01:57:24 pm »

http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Landscapes

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2018, 05:12:14 pm »

Thanks to Andrew and gchappel for both suggestions.  I will look into there!

Binartem

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2018, 05:36:04 pm »

I just got a note from Andrew Wilford at Binartem.

"We are close to releasing this feature in Qimage One. I would estimate that our final testing will take no more than a week."

Just wanted to let you know that we released Qimage One 2018.118 today and it now has the purge sheets/scheduler in both the macOS and Windows versions.  The latest video on our YouTube channel shows how it works on the Mac:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVjoUdzwy15eeFf6KtIc3LA
Binartem, Inc.
ddisoftware, Inc.

stockjock

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2018, 10:20:19 pm »

In Windows you can just use Task Scheduler and something like Irfanview which can be used with a command prompt to do the printing.  I print Bill Atkinson's 14 balls image but that is probably overkill.  I print every 3 days.  Not sure if 2 or 3 days is the right number.

Landscapes

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2018, 01:24:43 pm »

In Windows you can just use Task Scheduler and something like Irfanview which can be used with a command prompt to do the printing.  I print Bill Atkinson's 14 balls image but that is probably overkill.  I print every 3 days.  Not sure if 2 or 3 days is the right number.

Thanks, I will look into this as well.  Its true, I'm not sure if 2 or 3 days is the best as well.  All I know is that if you wait too long, the printer instantly does a 12ml clean cycle, which is such a waste because printing a target would just use 1-2ml.  Even waiting a week between prints can induce a much bigger clean cycle than 12ml.  Leaving the printer in standby mode is kind of useless because sure, it will turn on to agitate and it will also sometimes do a random nozzle check, but it doesn't do anything to maintain the printhead really.  By manually printing something every 2 days, you save so much more ink by not having these forced clean cycles at whatever time intervals are programmed into it.

I have discovered that using just 1-2ml every 2 days is generally good for a few weeks, but if I really don't print, then eventually I am hit with a fairly big clean cycle.  But usually, I do have something big enough to print at least once every 2 weeks, so that really gets the ink flowing, and just need something to carry me between big print jobs, or when I'm away for a week, hence why I'm looking at this solution.

PH Focal-Scape

• Focal-Scape Photography
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2018, 07:15:24 pm »

Am curious. Is it possible to schedule "normal" printing with the new function in Q1 or is it purely for maintenance?

Thanks

Peter

Just wanted to let you know that we released Qimage One 2018.118 today and it now has the purge sheets/scheduler in both the macOS and Windows versions.  The latest video on our YouTube channel shows how it works on the Mac:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVjoUdzwy15eeFf6KtIc3LA

Binartem

« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2018, 10:50:16 am »

Am curious. Is it possible to schedule "normal" printing with the new function in Q1 or is it purely for maintenance?

Thanks

Peter

The feature prints a pattern specific to your printer/ink on a schedule for maintenance, so you can't choose (for example) user specified photos to be printed on a schedule.

Regards
Binartem, Inc.
ddisoftware, Inc.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up