Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Problem with Wacom Intuos Pro Tablet in Photoshop CC  (Read 1950 times)

Brad Smith

New Problem with Wacom Intuos Pro Tablet in Photoshop CC
« on: April 13, 2018, 01:56:56 pm »

This issue just started today: My Wacom Intuos Pro S tablet seems to be panning instead of brushing in Photoshop CC with both the brush and the quick selection tool when stroking in the image. Oddly too, I just got a notice today to update the driver after first noticing the issue, but the new driver (6.3.29-6) did nothing to fix the problem. I did not (consciously) change any settings for the tablet. Win10, 64 bit, up to date. Any help is appreciated.

Brad Smith

Re: New Problem with Wacom Intuos Pro Tablet in Photoshop CC
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 02:30:17 pm »

OK, just got off phone with Wacom support. This is a known issue with a recent Win 10 update. They have  a workaround which I outline below:

In the Wacom Table Properties go to the Mapping Tab and uncheck Use Windows Ink.

Then, create a text file with the name "PSUserConfig.txt" (no quotes) and place it in [Installation Drive]:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 20xx\Adobe Photoshop CC 20xx Settings\.

Restart Photoshop.

Brad Smith

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 02:32:55 pm »

Oops, left out a step:
In the created text file, type "UseSystemStylus 0" (no quotes)

TomRobbins

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 06:14:20 pm »

Great timing, Brad. I noticed a lag when using the tablet with the healing brush tool. Your fix quickly resolved the issue.

Thanks!

zhouxing

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2020, 04:57:22 am »

thank you , Brad Smith , your answer is useful . I also met the same issue in photoshop .

I use a XP-Pen Deco Pro drawing tablet to work on my projects ( photo retouching and digital painting ) . it works on photoshop art program .
Pages: [1]   Go Up