Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Just Published - The Last Chapter With Charlie Cramer Shooting With The Masters  (Read 7006 times)

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber

Today I have published the last chapter in the Luminous-Landscape - Shooting With The Masters series.  In this episode, we are treated to a piano solo by Charlie as he shares how his music and photography are so closely tied together.  We end with a slide show with his piano playing as a background.  Please enjoy.  This was a series that was so rewarding to create.  Hope everyone has enjoyed it.
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Lance Saint Paul

Thank you so much. Kudos to you both.

In all the time I have come to this site this is by far the best thing I have experienced here. Doing my best to soak it all up. Magnificent!

Thanks! I needed that....

jhulton2

Kevin: truly inspiring, insightful and luscious series of videos with Mr. Cramer!. This is the kind of thing that only LuLu can do. I know Michael is grinning right now knowing he put LuLu in the right hands.
PLEASE do more with other artists. Merg Ross?

Thank you thank you!!
jeff hulton

Peter McLennan

I know Michael is grinning right now knowing he put LuLu in the right hands.

Well said. jhulton.

A superb series in all respects.  Inspiring us is a high ideal, one well met with these productions. Thanks to all involved.

rdonson

Two brilliant videos!  They reflect Charlie’s background, thoughts and approaches to photography so nicely.

Thanks for a memorable series with Charlie.  I will be watching these videos many times. Especially when I need some inspiration and direction.
Regards,
Ron

toconnorphotography

Kevin, Charles and everyone who put this together, you all did a fabulous job.  I really liked the amount of time that you put into this series.  It was not just a quick visit but more like a vacation.  I love Charles's work. I have been to one of his one day workshops about 10 or so years ago in San Francisco in a building at the Zoo.  He is so calm and concise the way he explains his thoughts.  The piano playing was a perfect way to end the series.  It let us see another side of Charles and though I have read many times the reference of Ansel Adams, it was refreshing and revealing to see Charles demonstrate it with the piano and his images.  Thanks so much to all!!

Tom O'Connor

cgarnerhome

• cgarnerphoto

Bravo!

KenTanaka

• Photography by Kenneth Tanaka

Bravo!  Thank you so much, Kevin and Chris, for producing this series with Charlie Cramer. I am not a landscape photography enthusiast, per se, but the lessons-by-example that Charlie presented are applicable to any type of photographic endeavor.  The over-arching lessons being three-fold. 

1. Know what you want to "say" with an image.  How do you want it to read?
   2. Learn to really SEE your image objectively to identify what needs to be adjusted to accomplish #1.
   3. Be SUBTLE with your adjustments.  Light touches, not slider-slams.

Wonderful series.  Thanks to everyone involved, again.

- Ken Tanaka -

bbrandonscott2

I second all the comments about this being a terrific series.  I just received a copy of Charles Cramers's Yosemite photobook. It's a wonderful book, on the small side for a photobook, but that is one of its virtues.  It is in a square format, about 10x10 inches. This allows both portrait and landscape format images to fit nicely on the page. Plenty of white space to let the image stand out. There are 35 images of which only two bleed across the gutter. (Thanks for that). There is no technical information about the images, which allows the images to stand on their own.  Reproduction is excellent. It's a book you can easily hold in your hands and enjoy with your eyes.
Cramer describes the influence of Ansel Adams on him, but these are not images on the grand scale of Adams. They are really intimate landscapes and Cramer has a much better eye for color than Adams did. Both elements, intimate point of view and the outstanding use of subtle color, remind me of Eliot Porter more than Ansel Adams.
A modest book like the man, with pictures that just explode with beauty. Thanks for series and the book.

adias

Charles Cramer is both a Master Photographer and a virtuoso pianist. Thank you for your command performances!

RMW

Wonderful and instructive.
Thanks to everyone involved.
Just ordered Charley's "Yosemite".

DougDolde

• Images of the American West

Ditto on the big thank you.  Really enjoyed the whole series.

TommyWeir

Really enjoyed the series, great useful information and guidance on a number of points.  Well done all round.

Those of you wishing for more Charlie might enjoy his talk at the On Landscape Meeting of Minds conference in the UK last year, not so much process but a good deal of his humor and relationship with Ansel Adams  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-d8zxB4zMAg Very enjoyable.

vartkes

• The Armenian
    • VartkesImages - Contemplative Photographs

Wonderful!
Kevin, if you could only do two or three of this kind of production every year LULA will be the most revered facility for many of us.
My wish-list would include Michael Kenna, Bruce Barnbaum and Guy Tal. However, anyone else you pick will be, I am sure, wonderful too!
Thank you for giving each of an opportunity to elevate ourselves through this experience.
Vartkes

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber

Thanks, everyone and especially Chris and Charlie.  We are making arrangements for the next Masters series.  Lots of other projects too.  On Monday we launch On The Rocks.  It will appear here on our site and on YouTube and is a collaboration effort.  Three guys drinking whiskey, talking photography and having fun.  We are very excited about this new effort.  Look for the video on the home page article on Monday.  I also believe you'll enjoy the next photographer featured in Shooting With The Masters.
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

philpither

Kevin & Charlie - Thank you very much - enjoyed it all.

farbschlurf

• fototypo

Thanks again for this series. I will definitely talk to a lot of people about that - maybe some will join LL, this is really a very good reason to do so.

ThoGro

Thank you Kevin and Charlie for making these episodes, everything in them was inspiring and fascinating to watch !

lvkaufman

One of the best video series that LuLa has done! I learned an incredible amount from Charlie. Thank you again for doing this series.

bmangas

Charlie Cramer is a true inspiration. The videos have been the most thoughtful and inspirational I have ever watched. Thank you Kevin, for bringing Charlie to us all.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up