Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Brush Lag: LR CC Classic  (Read 10108 times)

nemophoto

• Nemo Niemann Photography
Re: Brush Lag: LR CC Classic
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2018, 02:30:24 pm »

I have the latest LR 7.3. I recently upgraded my system from 32GB to 64GB or RAM. I have a Ryzen 1800x CPU and a GTX1080 (8GB). I STILL have massive lag at times, with nothing else running on my system. Last week it was so bad that I finally quit and rebooted. Adobe had promised HUGE performance increase -- I've yet to see them. It's a modicum better with 64GB or RAM, but nothing to write home about.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, Adobe has even said "don't do a lot of adjustments". If you do adjustment brushes, they are supposed to be done BEFORE doing global adjustments etc. Of course, I don't know what I want to do as a local brush until I see what I do overall. Counter intuitive.

The one area that has been improved significantly is the auto-mask function. It used to be that you'd get these funky/grainy edges (let's say when softening skin) where the mask was applied. Very noticeable. That seems to have been rectified.

Hoggy

• Never take life, or anything in it, too seriously.
Re: Brush Lag: LR CC Classic
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2018, 08:59:32 pm »

As I mentioned in an earlier post, Adobe has even said "don't do a lot of adjustments". If you do adjustment brushes, they are supposed to be done BEFORE doing global adjustments etc. Of course, I don't know what I want to do as a local brush until I see what I do overall. Counter intuitive.

That has perplexed me ever since I first read it..  How in the world does anyone decide what local edits to do, without first doing global edits??  I keep wondering - does this make sense to ANYone!?!?  ??? :o
Cams: Pentax K-3, K-30 & Canon G7X, S100
Firm supporter of DNG, throwing away originals.
It's the hash, man..  That good hash!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up