Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Ball Head for Hasselblad H6D  (Read 4755 times)

Neil Williams

• Neil's Photography
Ball Head for Hasselblad H6D
« on: January 04, 2018, 05:06:06 am »

Guys
I’ve just bought a new H6D-100c and looking on the web (camera not arrived yet) I see the H6D has a tripod plate built in. Can someone confirm if it’s the Acra Swiss type and if so what would be your recommendation for a ball head that is light but strong enough to support and manipulate the camera in both portrait and landscape. I already have a tripod that I use for Leica S and Chamonix 8x10 so just need a new ball head.
Thanks in advance
Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SrMi

Re: Ball Head for Hasselblad H6D
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 10:34:11 am »

I use RRS plate for Hasselblad. As ballheads I use Sirui, RRS or Arca Swiss Cube C1. Avoid Acratech.

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 11:01:08 am »

I’ve just bought a new H6D-100c and looking on the web (camera not arrived yet) I see the H6D has a tripod plate built in. Can someone confirm if it’s the Acra Swiss type and if so what would be your recommendation for a ball head that is light but strong enough to support and manipulate the camera in both portrait and landscape. I already have a tripod that I use for Leica S and Chamonix 8x10 so just need

The H series does not have an Arca plate built in. You will need to buy one separately.

Arca Swiss P0 Hybrid is a ballhead that meets all your requirements, but also adds post-ball geared two-axis correction.

tcdeveau

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 11:01:22 am »

I have a really right stuff BH-55 that i used with an H4D-40 and 35-90mm, it worked really well

Neil Williams

• Neil's Photography
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 10:10:39 am »

I ordered a Acra Swiss P0

Neil

David Watson

• David Watson
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2018, 10:24:00 am »

After a lot of experimentation I ended up with an Arca Swiss Cube - easily the best IMO
David Watson ARPS

Jim Kasson

• The Last Word
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2018, 10:30:49 am »

The H series does not have an Arca plate built in. You will need to buy one separately.

Arca Swiss P0 Hybrid is a ballhead that meets all your requirements, but also adds post-ball geared two-axis correction.

My problem with the P0 Hybrid is the lack of a yaw axis below the tilt and roll axes. The C1 has yaw axes both above and below the other two, and it's really useful. I ended up adding a RRS yaw device below the P0 Hybrid, but it increases size and weight.

Jim

Neil Williams

• Neil's Photography
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2018, 10:38:55 am »

Neil
I also ordered the RRS L bracket..........cant wait for it all to arrive so that I can try it all out

Neil

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2018, 12:01:44 pm »

Be happy!

I would regard L-brackets essential!

Best regards
Erik

I also ordered the RRS L bracket..........cant wait for it all to arrive so that I can try it all out

Neil
Erik Kaffehr

TimoK

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2018, 12:17:36 pm »

I see the H6D has a tripod plate built in. Can someone confirm if it’s the Acra Swiss type?
I wonder if that's the question.
What is Hasselblad's quick lock system? Hbl's own?

matted

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2018, 01:00:23 pm »

My problem with the P0 Hybrid is the lack of a yaw axis below the tilt and roll axes. The C1 has yaw axes both above and below the other two, and it's really useful. I ended up adding a RRS yaw device below the P0 Hybrid, but it increases size and weight.

Jim

Does the D4 have the same movement limitation as the P0? I tried a D4 out and wanted to like it as it is smaller and "closed" as compared to the Cube, and seemed to be limiting me in some way (I can't figure out exactly how).

I'm currently using an RRS-BH55 and love it as a ball head, but find myself wanting geared movements from time to time for more precision.

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2018, 01:07:46 pm »

A P0 or P0 Hybrid?

Neil Williams

• Neil's Photography
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2018, 01:29:53 pm »

I bought the classic model.....it was the one with the best reviews

Neil

Jim Kasson

• The Last Word
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2018, 03:14:05 pm »

Does the D4 have the same movement limitation as the P0? I tried a D4 out and wanted to like it as it is smaller and "closed" as compared to the Cube, and seemed to be limiting me in some way (I can't figure out exactly how).

I'm currently using an RRS-BH55 and love it as a ball head, but find myself wanting geared movements from time to time for more precision.

No, the D4 has yaw axes in both places, like the C1.

That said, I've never made friends with the D4, although I haven't sold mine. On balance, I like the P0 Hybrid better, and the C1 a heck of a lot better.

If you're going to get a P0 Hybrid, read this first:

http://blog.kasson.com/the-last-word/arca-swiss-p0-hybrid-head/

Jim

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2018, 03:33:51 pm »

Hi,

Just to say, I have a D4 and I love it. Did not own the Cube or the P0, though.

Best regards
Erik

No, the D4 has yaw axes in both places, like the C1.

That said, I've never made friends with the D4, although I haven't sold mine. On balance, I like the P0 Hybrid better, and the C1 a heck of a lot better.

If you're going to get a P0 Hybrid, read this first:

http://blog.kasson.com/the-last-word/arca-swiss-p0-hybrid-head/

Jim
Erik Kaffehr

hubell

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2018, 05:57:34 pm »

Hi,

Just to say, I have a D4 and I love it. Did not own the Cube or the P0, though.

Best regards
Erik

I quite like it as well, but I have just started using it and the weather has been arctic like.. -5F degrees and windy. It is not at all quick to set it up or use with gloves on.

BAB

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2018, 07:33:00 pm »

If I were you I would try one of these and not look back its the only way to go with the H6....https://www.digitalback.com/product/smart-flex-l-plate/

You need a Arca Swiss plate to make it work

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kic

BAB

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2018, 07:48:13 pm »

they now have a new version Arca Swiss compatable.
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kic

Patricia Sheley

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2018, 02:33:01 pm »

I'm replacing the arca swiss monoball z / double pan classic plates and l brackets with flip lock. Would the C1 be the proper candidate. I see there is still a Z1 double pan but the C1 looks like it might be a good companion. currently working IR and heavy density long exposures along specific planes...Thanks for any imput you may be able to offer.
p.
A common woman~

Jim Kasson

• The Last Word
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2018, 03:34:20 pm »

I'm replacing the arca swiss monoball z / double pan classic plates and l brackets with flip lock. Would the C1 be the proper candidate. I see there is still a Z1 double pan but the C1 looks like it might be a good companion. currently working IR and heavy density long exposures along specific planes...Thanks for any imput you may be able to offer.
p.

I don't like the C1's flip lock. On one of mine, I've replaced it with a RRS cam-lock, but on the newer ones, they've changed the Loctite spec, and it's difficult/impossible to do that. So my other C1 has a screw lock.

Jim
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up