Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "This Is The BBC"  (Read 1264 times)

john beardsworth

• My photography site
Re: "This Is The BBC"
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 09:09:36 am »

Not sure if some irony is lost on me, but since it is pantomime season I shall say "Oh no it's not!". That's the Senate House of London University.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 09:14:14 am by john beardsworth »

thierrylegros396

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 10:58:36 am »

Not sure if some irony is lost on me, but since it is pantomime season I shall say "Oh no it's not!". That's the Senate House of London University.

This is not a pipe  ;) ;)

Cornfield

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 01:02:32 pm »

Yes, certainly not the BBC.

RobMacKillop

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 02:46:16 pm »

Ah well, you live and learn. Apart from that, no comments bought the photograph...

sierraman

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 05:42:25 pm »

Looks like the buildings are tilted to the right.

RobMacKillop

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2017, 06:05:17 pm »

Oh, I give up. Bye.

drmike

• On Flickr:
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2017, 03:00:48 am »

Don't give up Rob. Sure people focused on what they knew and wanted to correct but such is life. If I gave up when  I got irrelevant comments I'd be missing out on the good stuff too.

I'll comment on the photograph - but you may not like it and you might quite reasonably question my competence to do so!

I find the darker areas dominate the frame and while there is detail in there it doesn't offer much reward for looking there. The building itself is quite interesting but it is what it is and personally I would have corrected the verticals etc. but that's personal taste. I have to say I wouldn't have taken the photograph at all but if I had done so then I think I would have moved (to my left I think) so that the tree on the left framed the building and to reveal more of the building while allowing the tree on the right to  maintain its framing.

Once again I would probably have been more brutal on the processing of the sky to try and draw out the clouds and texture.

Your comments about the 7:6 ratio I don't understand. You can easily do this in post processing so what's the problem? I like square photographs and shoot accordingly using the native 3:2.

In summary please don't give up on us :)

Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up