Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ignore Boards and Members  (Read 22530 times)

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
Ignore Boards and Members
« on: October 26, 2017, 02:01:03 pm »

There is now the ability to modify your user Profile (see Profile in main menu) to ignore selected Boards and Members. So if you don't want to see the Coffee Corner—as some do not—you don't have to!

Simply check the appropriate Ignore Board Options check box under your Profile/Modify.

There is also the ability to ignore defined Members so that you do not 'see' their posts

The Ignore Boards function lets you ignore particular boards. When a board is ignored, the new post indicator will not show up on the board index. New posts will not show up using the "unread post" search link (when searching it will not look in those boards) however, ignored boards will still appear on the board index and upon entering will show which topics have new posts. When using the "unread replies" link, new posts in an ignored board will still be shown.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 02:04:28 pm by Chris Sanderson »

Chris Batt

Re: Ignore Boards and Members
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2019, 04:26:39 pm »

The ignore members function has been allowing notifications of unwanted posters when publically posting in the forum for some users. We are currently working on this issue. Users may experience brief interruptions in notifications of personal messages or forum topics during the upgrades.

Thanks for your patience!
Webmaster, The Luminous Landscape

Chris Batt

Method for ignoring posts by users on my ignore-list
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, 04:43:34 pm »

There is an option inside Profile, then Look and Layout, the checkboxes near the bottom: "Hide messages posted by members on my ignore list."
This is used to filter out messages you want to be invisible.

As for the notifications to email, we are in the process of confirming that these will also be filtered for ignored members, whether or not this checkbox is selected.

Please stay tuned for updates.

Chris

Chris Batt

Prevent notifications regarding members I have on my ignore-list
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2019, 04:52:11 pm »

We are implementing a change in the notification system to reflect some members' and our own preferences to omit sending notifications you probably don't want.

i.e.: receiving post notifications from members on your ignore-list.

Comments are welcome here or to webmaster@luminous-landscape.com

Chris Batt

Chris Batt

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2019, 04:55:34 pm »

The changes will be implemented in the next minutes. Please contact me if you continue to receive any unwanted notifications, or if you believe you are lacking any you should receive.

Thank-you for your feedback and assistance!

Chris Batt

Chris Batt

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2019, 05:00:08 pm »

There may be minor disruption to email notifications during the next 30 minutes.

Chris Batt

Chris Batt

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2019, 05:02:20 pm »

We believe we have completed all necessary changes to prevent you receiving unwanted notifications any longer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up