Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 184   Go Down

Author Topic: Without Prejudice 3  (Read 386330 times)

Telecaster

Re: Without Prejudice 3
« Reply #300 on: September 07, 2017, 04:26:01 pm »

Another iPhone pic from yesterday, from inside my car (through the window) en route to dinner. The Hellmouth descends!  ;)

-Dave-

francois

« Reply #301 on: September 08, 2017, 04:40:27 am »

Another iPhone pic from yesterday, from inside my car (through the window) en route to dinner. The Hellmouth descends!  ;)

-Dave-

Perfect timing, the aircraft is escaping the storm...
Francois

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #302 on: September 08, 2017, 10:42:26 am »

Nice flower! (Genesis Mk 2)
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Telecaster

« Reply #303 on: September 08, 2017, 05:54:54 pm »

I took a more dynamic version of this last evening, in softer light after a brief downpour, but the resulting pic was sabotaged by a camera hiccup (my bad…low battery). Ended up with a monochrome JPEG, losing all the chromatic subtlety of the scene, and a corrupted RAW.  :-\  Anyway this one will do for now. Some early autumn color in my locale, likely due to the October-like weather we've been getting for the past two weeks.

-Dave-

GrahamBy

• Some of my photos
« Reply #304 on: September 09, 2017, 05:57:38 am »

Something minimalist...

(and cheap to print  ;D )

Telecaster

« Reply #305 on: September 09, 2017, 03:47:49 pm »

Nice one, Graham!  :D

-Dave-

GrahamBy

• Some of my photos
« Reply #306 on: September 10, 2017, 03:33:49 pm »

There is a long tradition of trompe-l’œil murals in Lyon...

GrahamBy

• Some of my photos
« Reply #307 on: September 11, 2017, 04:08:48 am »

Yesterday I took my teleconverter out to play. These are from a 200x1.4x1.5 (crop factor). If for nothing else than to violate the "how to do street" advice that some people like to give :)

Rob C

« Reply #308 on: September 11, 2017, 04:09:17 am »

There is a long tradition of trompe-l’œil murals in Lyon...

And to think how realistic those bikes look!

;-)

Rob

Rob C

« Reply #309 on: September 11, 2017, 04:17:51 am »

Yesterday I took my teleconverter out to play. These are from a 200x1.4x1.5 (crop factor). If for nothing else than to violate the "how to do street" advice that some people like to give :)

Squatter with Bird is a great combination of timing (good fortune?) and eye and focal length! You've almost given me enough inspiration to go out with a camera today myself. But as I'm going out to have lunch, perhaps that will be exertion enough for one day... I did do a washing this morning before starting breakfast; I suppose that the onerous on'n'off duty of watching the things dry may preclude my doing anything much else.

;-)

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #310 on: September 11, 2017, 04:29:21 am »

Squatter with Bird is a great combination of timing (good fortune?) and eye and focal length! You've almost given me enough inspiration to go out with a camera today myself. But as I'm going out to have lunch, perhaps that will be exertion enough for one day... I did do a washing this morning before starting breakfast; I suppose that the onerous on'n'off duty of watching the things dry may preclude my doing anything much else.

;-)

I command you to go out today because we've seen enough flower DOF faux pas from you.

The squatter image is a cool shot, though works better in thumbnail. Another DOF faux pas-er?
Regards,
~ O ~
If you can stomach it: pictures

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #311 on: September 11, 2017, 04:48:46 am »

Oh, and btw Rob, i want to see an actual human being in your shot, because Russ tells us a picture with a human being is infinitely more interesting than one without... (That's "human being" not "clothes")
Regards,
~ O ~
If you can stomach it: pictures

GrahamBy

• Some of my photos
« Reply #312 on: September 11, 2017, 06:06:45 am »

Squatter with Bird is a great combination of timing (good fortune?)

Yup. Was taking another shot (which was boring), then saw the pigeon, re-focused as best I could and pressed the button. Had some awareness of the group of people walking up behind, but their alignment and the crouch was pure luck.

I had been thinking again about the problem of the brain guessing what should be there... but I think there is another side, that you can react without seeing things. Ie something in my head maybe had time to recognise that something was happening NOW and I should press the button, even though there wasn't time to render it as part of my visual perception. There seems to be an implausibly high proportion of photos where there is something going on that I wasn't aware of when taking it... and some days it's there in lots of photos, and other days... nothing.

But luck does funny things, too... :-)

Rob C

« Reply #313 on: September 11, 2017, 07:08:40 am »

Yup. Was taking another shot (which was boring), then saw the pigeon, re-focused as best I could and pressed the button. Had some awareness of the group of people walking up behind, but their alignment and the crouch was pure luck.

I had been thinking again about the problem of the brain guessing what should be there... but I think there is another side, that you can react without seeing things. Ie something in my head maybe had time to recognise that something was happening NOW and I should press the button, even though there wasn't time to render it as part of my visual perception. There seems to be an implausibly high proportion of photos where there is something going on that I wasn't aware of when taking it... and some days it's there in lots of photos, and other days... nothing.

But luck does funny things, too... :-)

Yes, I find the same thing happens with the 'windows' things that fascinate me. I discover all manner of alternatives within the shot once I have it on the monitor. I have even made mistakes that, immediately that I see them, make me think hey, why didn't I think of that?

No wonder free photography becomes so amazingly addictive, even if I am doing a little cold turkey right now.

Rob

Telecaster

« Reply #314 on: September 11, 2017, 04:08:11 pm »

Squatter with Bird is a great combination of timing (good fortune?) and eye and focal length!

Yep!

I skipped my usual "walk in the park with camera" today…some lingering indigestion due to a dodgy dinner burrito last night. But on the plus side I took my #2 Telecaster for a spin Saturday night, with no negative hand/wrist consequences.  :D

-Dave-

muntanela

• BRATA
« Reply #315 on: September 11, 2017, 08:11:40 pm »

Campanula scheuchzeri Vill. and Pirla fall.

Rob C

« Reply #316 on: September 12, 2017, 03:44:09 am »

Yep!

I skipped my usual "walk in the park with camera" today…some lingering indigestion due to a dodgy dinner burrito last night. But on the plus side I took my #2 Telecaster for a spin Saturday night, with no negative hand/wrist consequences.  :D

-Dave-

You see the therapeutical benefits from those flying musical "brothers"?

Did you know that Keef and Gram Parsons were good mates?

;-)

Rob

GrahamBy

• Some of my photos
« Reply #317 on: September 12, 2017, 04:16:40 am »

In defence of house-bound photography (if you want a pun in French, I'm calling it "littoral" :) )

(Dave, doing what I like in moderation often seems to be a good cure for the consequences of doing it with immoderation).

Rob C

« Reply #318 on: September 12, 2017, 05:39:18 am »

In defence of house-bound photography (if you want a pun in French, I'm calling it "littoral" :) )

(Dave, doing what I like in moderation often seems to be a good cure for the consequences of doing it with immoderation).

Beware! Eric may sue!

;-)

Rob

Eric Myrvaagnes

« Reply #319 on: September 12, 2017, 09:16:17 am »

Beware! Eric may sue!

;-)

Rob
No way! I am a fan, as you know, of bedroom photos.   ;)

Nice one, Graham.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 184   Go Up