Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 184   Go Down

Author Topic: Without Prejudice 3  (Read 388134 times)

armand

• Photos
Re: Without Prejudice 3
« Reply #2920 on: August 04, 2019, 07:41:44 am »

golden window

armand

• Photos
« Reply #2921 on: August 04, 2019, 10:20:42 pm »

sweet dreams

armand

• Photos
« Reply #2922 on: August 06, 2019, 11:15:34 am »

Dusk

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #2923 on: August 09, 2019, 03:30:58 am »

Pffff, Da Beat took a cat picture. Can you imagine?

A cat in full domestic camouflage, which did make him wonder about evolution. Do we really breed those color varieties because we like them? Because they fit our domestic environment? We happen to like our homes nice and tidy in the Netherlands. With neat, unremarkable colorschemes, everything singularly flat, teetering on the edge of dull.

And that's okay. It keeps a bunch of people cramped together on too little space from continuously annoying each other. But I always secretly wish for that true grand dame wearing a bright red dress, stepping out of her equally bright red Italian convertible, and with an actual panther following in her footsteps. For her it's like walking the dog. In full control of the predator.

In the Netherlands we control our predators differently. They build and paint homes and houses in unremarkably flat singular colorschemes, never any excesses, and by consequence, our cats have become equally dull. Metaphorically enough?

Regards,
~ O ~
If you can stomach it: pictures

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #2924 on: August 09, 2019, 10:38:48 am »

Oscar = Eggleston 2.0?

For some reason, I enjoy your writing slightly more than your photographs (not a criticism of them, though)

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #2925 on: August 09, 2019, 01:10:40 pm »

Oscar = Eggleston 2.0?

For some reason, I enjoy your writing slightly more than your photographs (not a criticism of them, though)

Haha, thanks, I suppose... =:-\
(A good thing you added that last bit, considering what my high-school teacher thought of my writings back in the days!)

Considering the average saturation of colors in this country btw, you would probably not know how quickly to grab your cc for a one way ticket to Cuba. On the other hand, it may explain the popularity of the infamous coffeeshop: it's the local's solution for a more colorful view...
Regards,
~ O ~

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #2926 on: August 09, 2019, 01:52:44 pm »

... Considering the average saturation of colors in this country btw, you would probably not know how quickly to grab your cc for a one way ticket to Cuba. On the other hand, it may explain the popularity of the infamous coffeeshop: it's the local's solution for a more colorful view...

In some other countries, sun provides that colorful view. In this case, Nicosia, Cyprus, where a sunset gives an otherwise pure white building a lovely orange/pink hues:

armand

• Photos
« Reply #2927 on: August 12, 2019, 08:11:45 pm »

Storks

armand

• Photos
« Reply #2928 on: August 13, 2019, 07:58:49 pm »

It was windy at the beach

armand

• Photos
« Reply #2929 on: August 14, 2019, 07:21:31 pm »

beach2

armand

• Photos
« Reply #2930 on: August 15, 2019, 07:34:03 pm »

Pictured Rocks

armand

• Photos
« Reply #2931 on: August 17, 2019, 05:15:01 pm »

the road

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #2932 on: August 17, 2019, 05:18:18 pm »

A Storm is Coming:

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #2933 on: August 18, 2019, 05:33:53 am »

A simplistic image of a church to represent everything that's wrong with simplistic believe-systems in general (and religious believes in particular). A bleak outlook of life between opposing forces represented as complementary colors, with the light from above illuminating the red tiles of the roof, and the green grass in the shade below.

Now notice the colors of the doors...
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 05:41:32 am by 32BT »
Regards,
~ O ~

Rob C

« Reply #2934 on: August 18, 2019, 06:15:55 am »

A simplistic image of a church to represent everything that's wrong with simplistic believe-systems in general (and religious believes in particular). A bleak outlook of life between opposing forces represented as complementary colors, with the light from above illuminating the red tiles of the roof, and the green grass in the shade below.

Now notice the colors of the doors...

That's a great portrait, Oscar! Maybe a little fill light on the eyes?

Rob C

« Reply #2935 on: August 18, 2019, 06:19:51 am »

Pffff, Da Beat took a cat picture. Can you imagine?

A cat in full domestic camouflage, which did make him wonder about evolution. Do we really breed those color varieties because we like them? Because they fit our domestic environment? We happen to like our homes nice and tidy in the Netherlands. With neat, unremarkable colorschemes, everything singularly flat, teetering on the edge of dull.

And that's okay. It keeps a bunch of people cramped together on too little space from continuously annoying each other. But I always secretly wish for that true grand dame wearing a bright red dress, stepping out of her equally bright red Italian convertible, and with an actual panther following in her footsteps. For her it's like walking the dog. In full control of the predator.

In the Netherlands we control our predators differently. They build and paint homes and houses in unremarkably flat singular colorschemes, never any excesses, and by consequence, our cats have become equally dull. Metaphorically enough?

Are you certain there isn't a little bit of Milano inside you?

drmike

• On Flickr:
« Reply #2936 on: August 18, 2019, 06:53:39 am »

A Storm is Coming:

Be patient with me Slobodan. I know you are very careful with your shots so - do you think it's important that the tree leaves touch the patterned wall or is that just serendipity?

Mike

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #2937 on: August 18, 2019, 10:18:22 am »

Be patient with me Slobodan. I know you are very careful with your shots so - do you think it's important that the tree leaves touch the patterned wall or is that just serendipity?

Not sure. Not something I paid attention to during the shoot. It is an iPhone shot, so not easy to see such details. Given the nature of modern social media posting, it also, more often than not, goes straight from the phone to social media. Had I brought it to the desktop, I might have noticed it. In which case it would’ve been easy to clone it out. Then again, not sure it matters that much. Does it bother you? I mean, there are certain things only photographers would notice and be bothered with. I am not trying to be confrontational, these are genuine questions.

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #2938 on: August 18, 2019, 01:43:03 pm »

It doesn't bother me at all.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Rob C

« Reply #2939 on: August 18, 2019, 01:46:33 pm »

It doesn't bother me at all.

As the actress said to the bishop.

;-)
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 184   Go Up