Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 184   Go Down

Author Topic: Without Prejudice 3  (Read 386488 times)

armand

• Photos
Re: Without Prejudice 3
« Reply #2560 on: March 19, 2019, 05:02:22 pm »

Thank you.

Late fall

Rob C

« Reply #2561 on: March 20, 2019, 04:22:19 pm »

As I seem to have given up photographing anything in favour of watching dance videos of fast, floating young women (must be the bounce in the shoes), here's a shot from a year or two ago. It probably has nothing at all to do with shoes, but you never can tell.

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #2562 on: March 20, 2019, 05:11:06 pm »

I don't know about shoes, but it does have that old Rob C magic.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #2563 on: March 20, 2019, 05:14:31 pm »

Oh, if oldies are allowed, here's one with everything wrong from capture to processing and whatnot. But it is crackin' good street, even if I say so myself, since it lacks a street but has a railroad in it.

And there is a young woman in it, possibly listening to music. Before you'll know it, she'll be floating too. Notice particularly, Rob, her interest in older men...
Regards,
~ O ~
If you can stomach it: pictures

Rob C

« Reply #2564 on: March 20, 2019, 05:26:47 pm »

Oh, if oldies are allowed, here's one with everything wrong from capture to processing and whatnot. But it is crackin' good street, even if I say so myself, since it lacks a street but has a railroad in it.

And there is a young woman in it, possibly listening to music. Before you'll know it, she'll be floating too. Notice particularly, Rob, her interest in older men...

That interest on older men. Yes, it must be painful for older men. But hey, not for experienced older men. They've been there before. Sadly.

Not street, but excellent road. Railroad.

:-)

P.S.

I'd been worrying a bit about you; wondered if you'd picked up my own malaise too.

Rob C

« Reply #2565 on: March 20, 2019, 05:37:08 pm »

I don't know about shoes, but it does have that old Rob C magic.

Thank you, Eric, but you touch upon the problem: the magic, I think she's flown. At least, she doesn't call me to arms anymore. I blame house viewers, estate agents and plumbers. Mine (plumber) did show on Tuesday, fitted the tank, but Tuesday night I discovered a leak at the connection between hot water outlet and the pipe to the various taps. So another visit whenever I can get him, and prior to that, all the blasted sacrificial sheets down on the carpets again. But at least a nice hot shower enjoyed!

Rob

Rob C

« Reply #2566 on: March 27, 2019, 02:25:18 pm »

My scream against Brexit and the machinations behind the/our uncharacteristically mute Boris Trump.

The acutely focussed observer will notice the newly silent one has had a change of image, eschewing the madcap hairstyle for the English version of the crew, in his quiet makeover to stand as a respectable, certainly sober representative-of-the-mainstream prime ministerial candidate since the collapse of the incumbent fair maid who has just traded her soul for a chimera. Proud days, ye Brits!

Telecaster

« Reply #2567 on: March 28, 2019, 04:51:43 pm »

I think a photo of wild turkeys is an appropriate response to Rob's post.  :D  So here's one, taken today on my first park walk of 2019 (after a thoroughly dreary winter that left me uninterested in traipsing through slush & mud). This is about as close as I've ever been to these park residents without them freaking out. They had their eyes on me for sure, but didn't seem much bothered by the company. Note the iridescence of their breast feathers and the near-electric reds & blues of their heads & necks. Taken with Miyazaki-san's MS Optical 73mm f/1.5 lens at ~f/2.8 (no aperture detents). [Edit: I've added a crop from an alternate pic.]

-Dave-
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 04:56:36 pm by Telecaster »

Rob C

« Reply #2568 on: March 28, 2019, 05:18:13 pm »

I think a photo of wild turkeys is an appropriate response to Rob's post.  :D  So here's one, taken today on my first park walk of 2019 (after a thoroughly dreary winter that left me uninterested in traipsing through slush & mud). This is about as close as I've ever been to these park residents without them freaking out. They had their eyes on me for sure, but didn't seem much bothered by the company. Note the iridescence of their breast feathers and the near-electric reds & blues of their heads & necks. Taken with Miyazaki-san's MS Optical 73mm f/1.5 lens at ~f/2.8 (no aperture detents). [Edit: I've added a crop from an alternate pic.]

-Dave-

Dave, iridescent breasts have always been things I've found totally fascinating - with or without feathers. I suppose a nice, clean boa would help in some cases, in the sense that less can sometimes be more.

The things that come to mind as I stand, straddling the electric heater in vain attempt to rediscover central heating as she used to be. It's that tease-time of year where the sun makes one sweat but the shade causes shivers. The wind, however, is freezing, sunshine or otherwise. That said, Chuck Berry coming over the Internet does as much for the central heating quest as the radiator.

Anyway, they tell me the coming day or next will bring rain, at which time I may venture out again with the camera. i've been telling myself pretty much that all winter through.

Rob

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #2569 on: March 29, 2019, 02:13:58 pm »

Rob, I just saw an episode of "Rail away" on Palma and thought they have a bloody cool old train there! Considering there is always something happening at even a minor trainstation like in my town, I figure you owe us some bloody cool "road" photography.

From the official youtube channel: https://youtu.be/TbCeqnOvPLI

Regards,
~ O ~
If you can stomach it: pictures

Rob C

« Reply #2570 on: March 29, 2019, 06:34:24 pm »

Rob, I just saw an episode of "Rail away" on Palma and thought they have a bloody cool old train there! Considering there is always something happening at even a minor trainstation like in my town, I figure you owe us some bloody cool "road" photography.

From the official youtube channel: https://youtu.be/TbCeqnOvPLI

Energy, Oscar... it's a long way to go. Glasgow's Transport Museum provided a great tram interior for a hairdressing (I think) shoot that I did. I shudder to think of all the stuff I sold to clients or destroyed back in '81 when we were leaving. Burning bridges had nothing on this. It all went, including my Vogues. I guess I really did want a new life rather badly.

Something about the 20s and 30s that can't be beaten by modernity; it was a time and a sense of classic design. Oh to have been a photographer then, knowing how much was about to be lost.

mbaginy

« Reply #2571 on: March 30, 2019, 06:32:19 am »

Something about the 20s and 30s that can't be beaten by modernity; it was a time and a sense of classic design. Oh to have been a photographer then, knowing how much was about to be lost.
Your remarks remind me of the film Midnight in Paris.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #2572 on: March 30, 2019, 06:46:47 am »

... iridescent breasts have always been things I've found totally fascinating - with or without feathers...

:D

Rayyan

« Reply #2573 on: April 01, 2019, 10:49:01 am »

Rob C

« Reply #2574 on: April 01, 2019, 02:01:06 pm »

Like that a lot; decidedly good atmospheric treatment of colour!

Rob
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 10:28:28 am by Rob C »

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #2575 on: April 01, 2019, 02:15:16 pm »

+1. Beautiful, Rayyan.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #2576 on: April 01, 2019, 03:06:55 pm »

Russia?

Telecaster

« Reply #2577 on: April 01, 2019, 03:45:07 pm »

Atmospheric is right! "This is Eastern Europe."

-Dave-

Rayyan

« Reply #2578 on: April 01, 2019, 06:10:48 pm »

Rob, Russ, Slobodan, Dave..thank you for stopping by.
And thank you kindly for your comments.

Kiev, Ukraine.

Take care.

John R

« Reply #2579 on: April 01, 2019, 10:29:02 pm »

You certainly composed it so the whole scene comes to life.

JR
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 12:55:39 am by John R »
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 184   Go Up