Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 184   Go Down

Author Topic: Without Prejudice 3  (Read 386355 times)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Without Prejudice 3
« Reply #920 on: January 10, 2018, 11:41:55 am »

Amen, sister! (a nod to Catherine Deneuve)

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
« Reply #921 on: January 10, 2018, 11:58:27 am »

Amen, sister! (a nod to Catherine Deneuve)

+1

Peter

Rob C

« Reply #922 on: January 10, 2018, 02:27:15 pm »

Nothing new of course about abuse and the Weinstein or subsequent scandals. Monroe famously said she spent much of her early career on her knees. Even the Church - or should that be particularly the Church - had much to answer for. Abuse throughout society was rife, still is, but hopefully women people today are more informed, can recognise it for what it is and will be less inclined to perpetuate or tolerate the behaviour.

If that's being politically correct then bring it on.

No, I don't think that's at all pic: I think it's realistic. Having a daughter as well as granddaughters, I'm all too aware of what lies out there. But pretending it's all new and tied up to showbiz and that a few women in black will change the reality of sex is a mistake and a confusion of desires.

The bottom line, as I see it, is education both at home and in school. Fail there and all that remains is peer pessure at school, and certainly in my era there, all the girls were virgins and all the boys fully experienced. Go figure.

The funny thing is, dating a girl used to be easy: you just wandered across to her and said: would you like to go out with me on Saturday (or whenever). At worst she would say no thanks, I'm going steady (even if not) or, better, she'd say okay - where shall we meet? Today, with all the hysteria, I'd probably still be a batchelor and a world-class player of solitaire. These days, how do folks ask for a date without risking arrest or stoning?

Rob

farbschlurf

• fototypo
« Reply #923 on: January 10, 2018, 02:38:24 pm »

Strive by Stefan Berndt, auf Flickr

KLaban

• Keith Laban Photography
« Reply #924 on: January 10, 2018, 02:51:15 pm »

No, I don't think that's at all pic: I think it's realistic. Having a daughter as well as granddaughters, I'm all too aware of what lies out there. But pretending it's all new and tied up to showbiz and that a few women in black will change the reality of sex is a mistake and a confusion of desires.

The bottom line, as I see it, is education both at home and in school. Fail there and all that remains is peer pessure at school, and certainly in my era there, all the girls were virgins and all the boys fully experienced. Go figure.

The funny thing is, dating a girl used to be easy: you just wandered across to her and said: would you like to go out with me on Saturday (or whenever). At worst she would say no thanks, I'm going steady (even if not) or, better, she'd say okay - where shall we meet? Today, with all the hysteria, I'd probably still be a batchelor and a world-class player of solitaire. These days, how do folks ask for a date without risking arrest or stoning?

Rob

That would be the internet.

;-)

Rob C

« Reply #925 on: January 10, 2018, 03:59:09 pm »

That would be the internet.

;-)

Please tell me it isn't so! How without soul; how "commodity"! Just buy it at Amazon.

:-)

Telecaster

« Reply #926 on: January 10, 2018, 04:08:26 pm »

I expect tech developments to run human reproduction as currently practiced through the shredder. Initially for everyone who can afford it, eventually more widespread. Eventually pregnancy may come to be seen as barbaric. Eventually the need for men to play any part in the process may disappear.

Personally I'm rooting for all of this.  :)

-Dave-

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #927 on: January 10, 2018, 04:22:34 pm »

And spoil all the fun? You're outta your mind!!!!!  :o :o :o
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
« Reply #928 on: January 10, 2018, 04:25:14 pm »

And spoil all the fun? You're outta your mind!!!!!

Think about it...By then it wont be fun. A cup of dystopia, all around.

Peter
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 04:30:30 pm by petermfiore »

Rob C

« Reply #929 on: January 11, 2018, 03:21:58 am »

During labour the pain is so great that a woman can almost imagine what a man feels like when he has a cold.

Think on these things.

;-)

GrahamBy

• Some of my photos
« Reply #930 on: January 11, 2018, 05:14:38 am »

I think it goes well past desire... or it's desire that has been so mutilated and deformed that it has turned into something much worse.
What I've observed on the street is young men shouting at women with hatred in their voices; referring to others as sluts and whores.

I'm sure it's a natural consequence of telling young men and women that the intense desires they are feeling are sinful and will condemn them to hell: they hate themselves, so they hate those who they see as temptation.

In France, what is happening on the streets is mainly about young men from a Muslim background. From what I've read, 50 years ago in the UK it was Irishmen: different religion, same cause. It has nothing to do with Weinstein et al, except that they believe they can get away with it. The kids are running in gangs and taking pleasure in doing what they've been told they mustn't do... the Weinsteiners have learnt that they have so much power that women will not say no. There is sense in the phrase "drunk on power"

As for Deneuve... it's a long time since she was a young woman walking across a public space in the less exclusive areas of a big city.

Rob C

« Reply #931 on: January 11, 2018, 06:38:17 am »

I think it goes well past desire... or it's desire that has been so mutilated and deformed that it has turned into something much worse.
What I've observed on the street is young men shouting at women with hatred in their voices; referring to others as sluts and whores.

I'm sure it's a natural consequence of telling young men and women that the intense desires they are feeling are sinful and will condemn them to hell: they hate themselves, so they hate those who they see as temptation.

In France, what is happening on the streets is mainly about young men from a Muslim background. From what I've read, 50 years ago in the UK it was Irishmen: different religion, same cause. It has nothing to do with Weinstein et al, except that they believe they can get away with it. The kids are running in gangs and taking pleasure in doing what they've been told they mustn't do... the Weinsteiners have learnt that they have so much power that women will not say no. There is sense in the phrase "drunk on power"

As for Deneuve... it's a long time since she was a young woman walking across a public space in the less exclusive areas of a big city.

Of course, religion has a part when you're talking about a clash of cultures, but the Catholic Irish and the Baptist Americans and Australians to which latters' tender mercies I was exposed from the age of about twelve, though they are diametrically opposed on religious grounds, just as the internecine-warring Moslems, they are united in the condemnation of pleasure. I simply don't get it: if it boils down to nothing more than the dangers of pregnancy, why the hell don't they just say so and nobody in their right mind would argue. But no, it gets mixed up with all manner of different aspects of life. Maybe in the case of the latter grouping, they get what they appear to get as a wrapped package, which might bring with it as many shocks as pleasant surprises. I can understand they might dislike anyone else having the opportunity to try before they buy, as it were. But equally, who can blame them totally when one sees some of the non-Moslem people behave exactly as the cows they sometimes get called by some Moslem hotheads? Life in a holiday resort is quite revealing of one's fellow tribe and it's behaviour patterns when away from home and possible observation.

However, nothing excuses violence and intimidation. There have been notorious cases of gangs of Pakistani-origination men in England abusing young white girls; apparently, though they were eventually tried and jailed, the ethic continues, and it seems that the reason is that the police are afraid to get too close because of the knee-jerk public and press noise about racial discrimination. I mean, as with the stop/search thing, it only happens more to specific groups because the figures show that's where the problems exist to a disproportionate degree. As with security searches at airports, guys and women who look and dress the part are more likely to enjoy the undivided attention of staff who have historical reasons to think those people enjoy, and think exploding aircraft to be desirable. My son and I used to be very frequent fliers during the early 80s, and we both wore jeans and I a beard. We would be stopped at Glasgow Airport every single time, and I know why: dress codes. I even joked with one officer about it, but he simply smiled and checked the cases thoroughly. I had no beef with that  - if we wanted to look like hippies on an Amex card, that was the price we had to be prepared to pay for that pleasure. And no, I'm all for stringent security at airports.

But Catherine: she doesn't have to be a walker of dingy streets: she was/is in the movie business since forever, and could hardly have escaped the system; her interest in the matter must relate to showbiz as it does for the women in black. Expanded altruism for the lesser-blessed (read less ambitious wannabe showbiz types) women strikes me as nothing more than what Deneuve condemns it for being. Even Mrs Worthington was advised not to let her daughter near the stage!

Rob C

« Reply #932 on: January 11, 2018, 04:24:03 pm »

As close as I get to two wheels.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 05:37:38 am by Rob C »

GrahamBy

• Some of my photos
« Reply #933 on: January 12, 2018, 04:28:46 am »

Or one ball...

Rob C

« Reply #934 on: January 12, 2018, 04:34:28 am »

I'd have bought a shirt like hers in the sixties or even the seventies.

Nice shot, by the way, that improves with magnification: it's the Hans Feurer background effect.

;-)

Rob

P.S.

The Louis Faurer book arrived today - something for the weekend, sir...
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 07:40:37 am by Rob C »

Patricia Sheley

« Reply #935 on: January 12, 2018, 09:34:53 am »

~
A common woman~

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #936 on: January 12, 2018, 10:11:49 am »

Wow. Very nice, Patricia.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

KLaban

• Keith Laban Photography
« Reply #937 on: January 12, 2018, 10:54:37 am »

Telecaster

« Reply #938 on: January 12, 2018, 03:35:35 pm »

Of course, religion has a part when you're talking about a clash of cultures, but the Catholic Irish and the Baptist Americans and Australians to which latters' tender mercies I was exposed from the age of about twelve, though they are diametrically opposed on religious grounds, just as the internecine-warring Moslems, they are united in the condemnation of pleasure.

Yes. Separate sex from procreation, thus removing all necessity from it, and among other things you'll find out where & what people are actually getting their pleasure from and what exactly the nature of that pleasure is.

Some people get off on denying and condemning.

Oh, one other thing: sexbots.

-Dave-
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 03:45:45 pm by Telecaster »

Telecaster

« Reply #939 on: January 12, 2018, 04:03:43 pm »

I've been reprocessing some of my Kodachrome digitizations (from 2013 via Olympus E-M5 camera & 60mm macro lens) in Affinity Photo on my iPad. This one is from Luxor, Egypt, May or June 1984. I can't remember if it was a bus or train station. Maybe both. I do remember feeling really crappy on the day…I had hepatitis A but didn't yet know it. Camera & lens were a Canon AE-1 and 50/1.4. Pretty sure I'd run out of K25 by then so this is almost certainly K64.

-Dave-
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 184   Go Up