Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 184   Go Down

Author Topic: Without Prejudice 3  (Read 388189 times)

32BT

• Pictures
Re: Without Prejudice 3
« Reply #2240 on: October 27, 2018, 01:44:25 pm »

That's why you need crap in the waiting/todo list. I don't like posting crap, because, well, you know, facebook-reality: "i never have a bad hair day". Considering i have no hair left to go bad, it is actual reality, but nm.

Here's another one that just didn't make the cut, but at least it keeps us busy.

Regards,
~ O ~
If you can stomach it: pictures

Rob C

« Reply #2241 on: October 27, 2018, 03:49:15 pm »

That's why you need crap in the waiting/todo list. I don't like posting crap, because, well, you know, facebook-reality: "i never have a bad hair day". Considering i have no hair left to go bad, it is actual reality, but nm.

Here's another one that just didn't make the cut, but at least it keeps us busy.

Having little to no hair makes you cool - on a hot day indoors. Maybe that's why the couch gets more attractive... In winter, it makes you so cool you need a woolly hat. Trouble is, mine keeps riding up and I end up looking like a friggin' pixie. The hat, I mean; I leave the couch at home.

On the topic of seconds: I do have a few of my own, and after a couple of months they offer a new perspective I missed first time around. As I think I remember saying before, something makes you take that shot - there has to be life there just under the skin.

Rob

Rob C

« Reply #2242 on: October 27, 2018, 03:57:46 pm »

Rob, you have to go deep into settings -> general -> keyboard -> autocorrection and switch that off. You can still get correction suggestions, it just won't do the substitution any longer.

Or perhaps your language skills fail the average. One more upside to fading eyesight and deteriorating cerebral acuity. It will eventually match.

Thanks for the iPad info. I have reset it to a normal, civilized state of function where I can make my own mistakes at last!

:-)

Rob C

« Reply #2243 on: October 28, 2018, 04:38:39 am »

An on-the-rack solution, then, designed for rainy day usage.

A hangdog expression, one could say:

« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 04:40:01 am by Rob C »

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #2244 on: October 28, 2018, 05:09:05 am »

An on-the-rack solution, then, designed for rainy day usage.

A hangdog expression, one could say:

It's tempting to suggest you call it "skeleton", where you really want a beautiful model inside the woven cloth for extra impact but end up with a coathanger instead. Since this is wp after all, i'm not going to, but i have it on good authority that halloween is coming up.

Hangdog, zombies, oh, horror...
Regards,
~ O ~

Rob C

« Reply #2245 on: October 28, 2018, 06:57:58 am »

It's tempting to suggest you call it "skeleton", where you really want a beautiful model inside the woven cloth for extra impact but end up with a coathanger instead. Since this is wp after all, i'm not going to, but i have it on good authority that halloween is coming up.

Hangdog, zombies, oh, horror...

What you may be suggesting, then, is that this image goes beyond the literal and touches upon the symbolic, a genuine cri de coeur for the missing flesh, the gentle touch of Venus on a waterbed behind a mosquito net? As long as the water is warmer than is Mallorca today, it could be an interesting proposition to ponder, even if all the props are missing.

My adventures with the spectral are limited, though I have had a window encounter with the musical branch. Maybe they were playing my song, because there sure is a guy who looks a lot like me (as Bobbie Gentry almost said in her Ode) hangin' out in that scene.

He's definitely using the D200 because it's the body that has the thin, genuine Nikon strap from the F.

Dangerous days.

Rob

« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 04:40:20 am by Rob C »

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #2246 on: October 28, 2018, 07:40:27 am »

Better be careful who you put in front of that capturedevice, apparently the upcoming "festivities" are associated with harvest time.

Might as well add my contribution, to save me another trip to the doctor's. Weather looks good but cold, so might get some actual cameratime in. Hopefully stabilisation works as advertised.
Regards,
~ O ~

Rob C

« Reply #2247 on: October 28, 2018, 10:57:06 am »

Better be careful who you put in front of that capturedevice, apparently the upcoming "festivities" are associated with harvest time.

Might as well add my contribution, to save me another trip to the doctor's. Weather looks good but cold, so might get some actual cameratime in. Hopefully stabilisation works as advertised.

It does, it does! It's caught all of the flies circulating around the compass points!

;-)

Rob C

« Reply #2248 on: October 29, 2018, 03:25:52 pm »

If this fell on my foot, a lady doctor is the first person I'd try to find.
It would be a bit like being a fish - hooked - out of water.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 04:40:39 am by Rob C »

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #2249 on: October 29, 2018, 06:07:08 pm »

If this fell on my foot, a lady doctor is the first person I'd try to find.
It would be a bit like being a fish - hooked - out of water.

Perhaps you're the son of a son of a sailor and therefore, not owning that boat that intuition told you to buy, you look like that anyway. You've obviously been roaming the harbor again and this image is merely another example i suppose of: "That which we see is not made of that which we see, but of that which we are."

My conclusion then, if it wasn't for wp and the fact that i'm not your therapist, is that deep down inside you really want to be hooked like that to a boat which - being white - is likely a metaphor for the doctor with whom you possibly have some kind of freudian crush .

Like i said: i'm not your therapist.

PS. You might of course comment gallantly on her looks in uniform and casually suggest a photoreportage of a doctor in action which you could market quite easily on the basis of portraying "gender equality". Whether that flies though depends heavily on both the action portrayed as well as the uniform worn.
Regards,
~ O ~

Rob C

« Reply #2250 on: October 29, 2018, 06:36:38 pm »

Perhaps you're the son of a son of a sailor and therefore, not owning that boat that intuition told you to buy, you look like that anyway. You've obviously been roaming the harbor again and this image is merely another example i suppose of: "That which we see is not made of that which we see, but of that which we are."

My conclusion then, if it wasn't for wp and the fact that i'm not your therapist, is that deep down inside you really want to be hooked like that to a boat which - being white - is likely a metaphor for the doctor with whom you possibly have some kind of freudian crush .

Like i said: i'm not your therapist.

PS. You might of course comment gallantly on her looks in uniform and casually suggest a photoreportage of a doctor in action which you could market quite easily on the basis of portraying "gender equality". Whether that flies though depends heavily on both the action portrayed as well as the uniform worn.

That's spooky. There was a boat owner very, very close to me. Worse, I am rather attached to Sarah M, so her words, though just a quotation she made, fit nicely into your diagnosis.

However, the lady doctor I may not see again: she's the 40-something dermatologist who, for no reason I can think of, blew me a kiss as I left her consulting room. It certainly made my day, and I had the presence of mind to blow one back before I closed the door; then I took fright and wondered if she was just being kind because she'd seen something she didn't want to tell me about at my age since it might not matter anymore... I may not see her again because, so far, I've seen three different ones, but her twice.

Which reminds me of a dead client: if she offered me an apple or a pear, and I took the apple, she'd have asked me what was wrong with the pear. Maybe I resemble her, too.

I think I'll stop analysis forthwith!

That said, the hook, observed small, and from a certain frame of mind, reminds me of a 40s bra seen from the wearer's perspective or, alternatively and more likely, from below. No, never worn one.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 06:42:04 pm by Rob C »

Telecaster

« Reply #2251 on: October 30, 2018, 11:51:34 pm »

It's that time of year again.

(From my lanai I can see part of the same view captured by the webcam at KonaWeb, just across the street from my hotel. I've been giving it a look daily since mid-2016. If interested scroll down to the bottom of the KonaWeb page and you'll see it. It's amusing to refresh the view, then look over at the same spot and see the same cars or people as on my screen.  :D )

-Dave-

Rob C

« Reply #2252 on: October 31, 2018, 07:11:00 am »

To attract, or not to attract - doctors:

« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 04:40:57 am by Rob C »

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #2253 on: October 31, 2018, 08:17:13 am »

That's a classic, Rob.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Rob C

« Reply #2254 on: October 31, 2018, 09:29:04 am »

That's a classic, Rob.

Thank you, Russ, but the kudos really belong to the shop owner who set it all up. I suppose it's the "hand of man (or woman)" in colour.

As with your own tastes, I find things related to mankind the most interesting to shoot. BobDavid does the same thing too - play with the tastes of people and their constructs.

Truth is, photography is a life-saving therapy at our age; it keeps terminal boredom at arm's length. I think it was boredom that, at around 93, made my mother call it a day. I'd be surprised if I matched her score, and not entirely sure that the finance/time equation would make that a good idea, but as long as I can afford to keep clicking...

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #2255 on: October 31, 2018, 10:52:28 am »

You see, i've said it before but me thinks wp is a more sophisticated form of photochainchallenge effortlessly moving from halloween to spirits.
Regards,
~ O ~

armand

• Photos
« Reply #2256 on: October 31, 2018, 12:13:16 pm »

rest

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #2257 on: October 31, 2018, 02:08:36 pm »

Distilled
Regards,
~ O ~

Rob C

« Reply #2258 on: October 31, 2018, 03:24:37 pm »

Distilled

Nice; if I were in Scotland I'd try to offer you one on me!

However, as I'm not and can't, I can offer you instead some doc-evading news: I took my ass back to the abandoned power station this afternoon and found a couple of new angles. Once I get into them which, strangely, I don't feel like doing right now, I'll post 'em...

Of course WP is more sophisticated: it does it by stealth.

;-)

Rob

Telecaster

« Reply #2259 on: October 31, 2018, 11:02:53 pm »

The Pride Of America, with Captain Zodiac's expeditionary crew heading ashore.  :)

-Dave-
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 184   Go Up