Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson SureColor Px000 Maintenance  (Read 18562 times)

Farmer

Re: Epson SureColor Px000 Maintenance
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2017, 07:11:46 pm »

If you want an official list of required maintenance, I suggest you refer to the user guide or contact Epson directly.
Phil Brown

jlamont

« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2017, 08:01:51 am »

Good idea, Farmer. Unfortunately neither appears to give us the answer:
1. I and the commercial sales person from whom I would buy the printer if I could get these questions answered have tried for over a month to get Epson / the Epson sales rep to give us the official maintenance schedules for the P9000. So far, they have not released this information to us despite repeated requests from us.

2. I of course checked the Epson P9000 User Guide online before asking this group (after checking my hardcopy 7900 User Guide first to see if Epson has provided such information in the past in their User Guide; nope, they don't seem to have in the past). I do not see any list of maintenance schedules; nothing leaps out to me about the replacement schedule for wiper blades or lubrication of the carriage guide and so on. But perhaps I missed something; it happens. Perhaps you could assist the group here by posting the maintenance schedule details you have suggested I can find there? Or maybe you have the leverage or magic touch with Epson to get them to give the list to you? Much appreciated if you can clear this up.

Garnick

« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2017, 02:27:12 pm »

Back again,

I've been in touch with my tech guy again with some further questions, for myself and for you.  My last email to him was late last evening and I do not yet have a reply.  When we converse through email sometimes the tech lingo between us does not translate properly, especially in my case of course.  So last evening I asked him to verify my latest translation of what he had sent earlier.  When I passed along the difficulty you were having with the P9000 and trying to access the Wiper etc. and then the not able to power up the printer properly, he agreed with my take on why that might be happening.  He mentioned two possible scenarios as follows.  If you want to power down the printer while doing the maintenance routine you must be certain to leave the carriage/print head in approximately the middle of the machine before powering up again, so that it will re-seat properly on the cap station.  That is the case for each scenario actually, both for powering off and leaving the power on during maintenance.  Also, and very important, once you are finished cleaning/replacing the wiper you must be sure to very gently push the wiper assembly back up to its initial position.  Otherwise you could encounter some rather nasty results, accompanied by some not so pleasing messages before you are able to power up the printer again.  It's really no surprise to me that Epson has deleted the Wiper Exchange menu in Service Mode, since the Temporary PG menu covers all you need for maintenance purposes.  This is the exact procedure I followed with my 9900 for general maintenance purposes, although I'll leave out the first step, since it would not apply to the Px000 series.  I also asked about the “Maintenance Schedule”, but haven’t heard back yet.  He’s a very busy man!

All of the following is carried out while the printer is on.  There is no need to power down for this sort of maintenance.  If you have any reservations about that,  simply place a piece of cardborad over the control panel so that you cannot touch the OK button by mistake.  If you do wish to turn off the printer while the maintenance procedure is carried out, I cannot guarantee that the following will work in quite the same way.

1. In Service Mode, go to MECHA ADJUSTMENT
2. Scroll down to TEMPORARY PG > ENTER/OK(or for the your printer perhaps PG Adj.) to release the carriage/print head and expose the Capping Station for cleaning etc.
3. Open the cover and move the carriage/print head toward the middle of the printer for easier access to the maintenance area
4. To access the Flusing Box and Wiper Assembly, GENTLY pull that unit downward
5. When finished, GENTLY push the unit(Flushing Box & Wiper Assembly) back up to its initial location
6. Check carefully to make sure there are no foreign objects(cleaning supplies etc.) left in the maintenance area!
7. Close the cover and the carriage/print head will re-seat itself on the Capping Station
8. To return to Standard Mode, simply shut down the printer and then restart

And by the way, the answer is YES, we can order the Wiper Assembly from my tech contact.  Good news for both of us!  I just have to confirm whether he wants me to offer his information on the forum or forward it to you personally, although I’m pretty sure the forum approach will be OK with him.  I'll be in touch again as soon as I have further information.

Gary

Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)

Ken Doo

• Carmel Fine Art Printing & Reproduction
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2017, 02:53:31 pm »

Just an fyi.  I found this supplier online that lists the same wiper assembly being compatible with both the older 79/99** series as well as the new Surecolor P9000/et al series.

see, https://www.unicompparts.com/spare-parts-c27/miscellaneous-c16/epson-wiper-assy-asp-1504179-p68

Compass Micro lists parts for the older printers but doesn't appear to list parts for the newer Surecolor P9000 printers (yet).  A search of the part numbers for wiper assemblies 1504179 and 1616679 do turn up wiper assemblies on Compass Micro for the various printers, but not the P9000.

Ken

Garnick

« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2017, 04:27:59 pm »

Just an fyi.  I found this supplier online that lists the same wiper assembly being compatible with both the older 79/99** series as well as the new Surecolor P9000/et al series.

see, https://www.unicompparts.com/spare-parts-c27/miscellaneous-c16/epson-wiper-assy-asp-1504179-p68

Compass Micro lists parts for the older printers but doesn't appear to list parts for the newer Surecolor P9000 printers (yet).  A search of the part numbers for wiper assemblies 1504179 and 1616679 do turn up wiper assemblies on Compass Micro for the various printers, but not the P9000.

Ken

Hi Ken,

I just took a peek at the one displayed on the link you sent.  The overall assembly is somewhat different from the one in the 9900.  There's some sort off addition on the right side, which is the left side as shown.  Unless that addition can be easily removed there's no way it would fit the 9900.  Since I don't yet have the P7000(in transit) I haven't seen one of these up close and in person.  Also, there's really no point in checking Compass Micro unless they have recently decided to ship to Canada.  Of course all of this is moot, since I have a reliable source near Toronto, ON.

Thanks for the reply regardless Ken.  I imagine there will be others who will find it helpful.

Gary
Gary N.

jlamont

« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2017, 06:40:50 am »

Thanks so much for your extremely helpful reply, Gary. The procedure you list is almost the same as the one Datro kindly posted earlier, but the slight difference I expect will take the scariness out of it. Your news that your tech contact can provide the component and possibly also the maintenance schedules is very good news indeed. I look forward to hearing back from you once your tech contact gets some time to address these concerns.

Thank you again.

Garnick

« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2017, 07:58:31 am »

Thanks so much for your extremely helpful reply, Gary. The procedure you list is almost the same as the one Datro kindly posted earlier, but the slight difference I expect will take the scariness out of it. Your news that your tech contact can provide the component and possibly also the maintenance schedules is very good news indeed. I look forward to hearing back from you once your tech contact gets some time to address these concerns.

Thank you again.

Still awaiting another reply from my very busy tech guy.  I will not put his contact info on the forum until he OKs it, as I'm sure he will.  By the way, have you tried the procedure I sent along, just wondering how it worked out for you if you did.  However, I'll be talking to my tech friend before I wander into Service Mode on my new, Warranted P7000, as well as reading Epson's Warranty info very carefully.  I think it might have changed somewhat since the 9900 days, not sure. 

Gary 
Gary N.

jlamont

« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2017, 11:37:44 am »

I tried the procedure Monday. Works perfectly; no scariness at all.

I believe that the Warranty for the new printers is the same as for the previous generations at least concerning the potential misuse of Service Mode. Specifically, I believe that if you break something while in Service Mode, Epson will not consider the printer under warranty. That seems fair to me; it is analogous to breaking your camera while cleaning the sensor yourself -- the camera manufacturer is not going to consider that a warrantee issue. As long as your use of Service Mode does not break the printer, I can't see how Epson could object or even know. Of course, I will be very interested in what you conclude from reading the Warranty carefully.

Thank you again.

Garnick

« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2017, 01:57:11 pm »

I tried the procedure Monday. Works perfectly; no scariness at all.

I believe that the Warranty for the new printers is the same as for the previous generations at least concerning the potential misuse of Service Mode. Specifically, I believe that if you break something while in Service Mode, Epson will not consider the printer under warranty. That seems fair to me; it is analogous to breaking your camera while cleaning the sensor yourself -- the camera manufacturer is not going to consider that a warrantee issue. As long as your use of Service Mode does not break the printer, I can't see how Epson could object or even know. Of course, I will be very interested in what you conclude from reading the Warranty carefully.

Thank you again.

Great, I'm glad you tried it already. Now we both know that procedure works as I suspected.  Did you leave the printer powered on while doing the maintenance, as I always have?  It really isn't scary at all as long as you take the proper precautions as I mentioned.  I sometimes use a small box placed over the control panel to prevent accidental contact with the "OK" button, but beyond that it's simply a matter of taking the time and not hurrying the job. 

I'll be in touch again when I hear back from the tech fellow.

Gary

Gary N.

jlamont

« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2017, 05:43:30 pm »

Yes, the key difference between the procedure you outlined and what I understood Datro to suggest, is that after uncapping I did not turn the printer off before I opened the lid etc.

Looking forward to word from your tech contact.

Best wishes,
Jim

Garnick

« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2017, 10:27:35 am »

Yes, the key difference between the procedure you outlined and what I understood Datro to suggest, is that after uncapping I did not turn the printer off before I opened the lid etc.

Looking forward to word from your tech contact.

Best wishes,
Jim

Hi Jim,

Would please let me know if you received the information I emailed to you through this site.  If not, Ill send again.

Thanks,
Gary
Gary N.

jlamont

« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2017, 09:24:24 am »

Hi Gary,
No I have not received an email from you or the site. Thanks for re-sending: jmlamont@magma.ca

jim

jlamont

« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2017, 12:15:48 pm »

Hi Gary,
I have not received anything from you directly or via the site. I see you are on the forum now and then. Could you re-send the information to: jmlamont@magma.ca

Thanks again.

Jim

jlamont

« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2017, 08:45:53 am »

Hi Gary,
I have not received anything from you. If you are still visiting this site, could you let me know what the situation is?

Other members on this site,
Could you help me contact Gary as I suspect that somehow our communication link here isn't working. Don't know why. Am attempting to keep this thread visible to Gary (and/or other friends here) by re-posting.

Thanks.

p.s., In summary, what we are still in need of is:
1. Epson maintenance schedules for the various components of the P7000 / P9000, such as wiper blade changes, lubrication, and so on.
2. Source for wiper blades for the P7000 / P9000. The new design that comes installed in these machines; I already have a source for the x900 design.

jlamont

« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2017, 07:55:52 am »

Anyone?
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up