Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Nikon D820 (more convincing rumor)  (Read 37369 times)

Hulyss

• H.Bowman
Re: Nikon D820 (more convincing rumor)
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2017, 08:52:54 am »

I do not care about the cameras you mentioned. Before all I care about quality and professional service behind (and resale value of the material).

The A9 is at 5300 € (lol) in Europe... nope, thanks.

Simply put, if Nikon want to "counter" (they do not need) the (too expensive)A9 they just have to put the D5 sensor inside the D500, like they did with the D700 and the D3. Frankly, they don't need to do it.

If one want reach and speed for sport, the D500 is just an ultimate machine, well supported and serviced all around the planet and not expensive (and with a real Lens line).

Kind Regards -  Hulyss Bowman | hulyssbowman.com |

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2017, 09:21:54 am »

What i would like to see in the d820...

Touch screen like most nikon dslr's have now - touch means sharp + fire where you put your finger or something else at choice like zoom in)
built in wifi that really works ( solid software to remotely control the camera)
an electronic shutter  - choose between liveview and electronic shutter or real shutter (one press not two) - SILENT/ only shutter sound
better implemented splitscreen...
More pixels than 36MP;  most of my lenses do 75MP in the central area some even about 150MP  (borders i do not know)
 to name a few-

Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2017, 10:46:08 am »

I do not care about the cameras you mentioned. Before all I care about quality and professional service behind (and resale value of the material).

The A9 is at 5300 € (lol) in Europe... nope, thanks.

Simply put, if Nikon want to "counter" (they do not need) the (too expensive)A9 they just have to put the D5 sensor inside the D500, like they did with the D700 and the D3. Frankly, they don't need to do it.

If one want reach and speed for sport, the D500 is just an ultimate machine, well supported and serviced all around the planet and not expensive (and with a real Lens line).

Ok, first you mention that the mirrorless cameras you know of do not have pro-quality AF, or something like that. I pointed you to two recent mirrorless cameras that have very good AF, especially the A9.

Now you say you do not want to try this camera... anyway, you can bury the head in the sand, or keep moving the goal posts (lack of pro support, too expensive - for you. I might add), whatever. As for the real lens line, fear not, even Kevin in his A9 report mentioned that Sony will introduce lenses for sports photogs. Check some reports that are coming up from the A9 and its AF capabilities.

As for the price of the A9, it is still cheaper than the cameras it competes against, namely the 1DX and D5.

Hulyss

• H.Bowman
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2017, 11:18:25 am »

For 99 more Euros + the lens line + the real pro service ... sorry I still choose the D5...

Kind Regards -  Hulyss Bowman | hulyssbowman.com |

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2017, 04:22:27 am »

For 99 more Euros + the lens line + the real pro service ... sorry I still choose the D5...

Sure, sounds reasonable. The D5 was launched in Jan 2016, so let's see how much the Sony A9 will cost after 18 months in the market. the A9 is certainly interesting regarding silent operation with no VF blackout, for instance.

davidgp

• davidgp fotografia
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2017, 05:48:58 am »

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2017, 05:55:14 am »

The rumours are getting updated: https://nikonrumors.com/2017/05/16/rumors-update-the-nikon-d820-will-have-the-same-af-system-as-the-d5.aspx/

Now they say same AF as D5.

That seems very likely, the D810 already had the same AF module as the D4... but the D5 is indeed in a different league:
- in terms of accuracy at f1.4
- in terms of speed
- in terms of tracking ability
- in terms of eye detection ability

This may be the last DSLR anyone would ever need.

Cheers,
Bernard

davidgp

• davidgp fotografia
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2017, 06:01:32 am »

Until something more shiny comes a few years later :)

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2017, 06:43:48 am »

Until something more shiny comes a few years later :)

maybe it will be the last ...DSLR... anyone would ever need.

Like the F6 was the last film DSLR
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

davidgp

• davidgp fotografia
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2017, 08:38:34 am »

It could be... although I already switch to a mirrorless system and I think the future will be dominated by them, I still think the change is not going to be like film to digital, I still think DSLR has other good 10 years of life... but then again... I'm usually wrong all the time :D

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2017, 10:19:38 am »

I would bet that DSLRs will keep being updated until the 2020 Olympics with a D6 to be released late 2019... and then live a slow death for another 3-4 years.

That would be a nice symbol.

The first Nikon FF mirrorless will probably be released later this year I would think.

Cheers,
Bernard

ihv

• http://www.flickr.com/ihv
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2017, 10:51:26 am »

That seems very likely, the D810 already had the same AF module as the D4... but the D5 is indeed in a different league:
- in terms of accuracy at f1.4
- in terms of speed
- in terms of tracking ability
- in terms of eye detection ability

Cheers,
Bernard

How is the D810 eye detection (and tracking) ability (quite sure that on the potential D820 it will be even better) in terms of shooting portraits wide open (@F1.4)?
I had many good years the D800 but on that one I wasn't very fond of the AF, especially for shooting wide open with subjects being more far (8m+).
The A9 looks very impressive to me ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmYw1jAxho4 ).

Thanks.

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2017, 12:35:41 pm »

How is the D810 eye detection (and tracking) ability (quite sure that on the potential D820 it will be even better) in terms of shooting portraits wide open (@F1.4)?
I had many good years the D800 but on that one I wasn't very fond of the AF, especially for shooting wide open with subjects being more far (8m+).
The A9 looks very impressive to me ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmYw1jAxho4 ).

Thanks.

I would not trust it- it has face detection not eye...
But i manage to get very tight sharp shots wie open with all my lenses now after calibration.
To be really sure you should use liveview at 100%.
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

Manoli

« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2017, 01:41:37 pm »

But i manage to get very tight sharp shots wie open with all my lenses now after calibration.

There's the 'gotcha' - "after calibration"

To be really sure you should use liveview at 100%.

.. or a Sony Alpha series  - cue the Nikon fanboy onslaught ... ~:)

Manoli

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2017, 01:46:23 pm »

Plus, we can use our arsenal of old lenses!

There's the valid reason for staying with Nikon!

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2017, 05:13:42 pm »

The D810 isn't much better than the D800 AF wise.

The D5 is in a diffeent league.

Cheers,
Bernard

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2017, 05:08:41 am »

D5 is 20MP
D820 will be about 46MP  that is also a different league.
i can remember the d810 had the same AF as the D4 but finetuned for 36MP...

In reality i find it a good af system but at infinity not very precise.
and af finetuning of the lenses is a must. ( i use nikon and sigma lenses)
But if you have done that it is very rewarding.
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

shadowblade

« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2017, 05:38:10 am »

No matter what the other features are, it ultimately cimes down to the sensor. That's the reason people bought the D810 instead of the D4, D5, D750 or some other camera

The D800's sensor beat anything else out at the time, and, on the D810, remained competitive against Sony's A7r2 while making up for the 5Ds's megapixel advantage with its huge DR advantage.

But will the D820 have the same advantage over the 5Ds2 and A9r? Almost certainly it will lose in resolution - 46MP vs a likely 70-80MP for Sony's new sensor, and likely at least 60MP for any 5Ds replacement. And Canon has remedied its deficiency in sensor DR (the 5D4 and 1Dx2 having DR competitive with similar sensors from other manufacturers) while Sony has made great strides in AF since the initial A7r. The D820 won't be launched into the same empty space as the D800 - it will be up against two competitive and better-resourced rivals.

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2017, 05:49:53 am »

That is true.

As the moment to my eyes the best reason to use Nikon is the quality of their recent lenses and the AF of the D5. Whether it is the 19mm T/S, the 70-200 f2.8 E FL, the 105mm f1.4, their super teles, they beat anything else out there, including Canon lenses described by Canon users until now as out of this world brilliant (and I am sure they are).

They stabilized 24-70 f2.8 is only very good, but VR makes all the difference in the world for such a lens. Obviously all lenses are stabilized on the Sony.

Cheers,
Bernard

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2017, 06:02:25 am »

As the moment to my eyes the best reason to use Nikon is the quality of their recent lenses and the AF of the D5. Whether it is the 19mm T/S, the 70-200 f2.8 E FL, the 105mm f1.4, their super teles, they beat anything else out there, including Canon lenses described by Canon users until now as out of this world brilliant (and I am sure they are).

Talking about Nikon lens quality; there is still much to desired .
the best example is the mediocre  1.4g 50mm lens introduced with the D3x camera. At that time they should have made a lens in line with the 105mm f1.4 .
Now a decade later there is still nothing better? 
I am very happy Sigma jumped in with the ART line.
I am sure Nikon has the power to make beautiful lenses as you stated. In 2016 they made a nice turn introducing very nice lenses indeed, like the superlight 300pf lens that makes very beautiful rendered images.

Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up