Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Fuji GFX availability slips (round 1?)  (Read 33160 times)

Jim Kasson

• The Last Word
Re: Fuji GFX availability slips (round 1?)
« Reply #80 on: March 03, 2017, 05:50:40 pm »

... B&H is now shipping cameras...

Is that right? I thought they were saying that they expect to get cameras starting 3/7/17?

Jim

Michael Erlewine

• MacroStop.com
« Reply #81 on: March 03, 2017, 06:12:30 pm »

In an email today, Brian Griffith says: "The Iridient Developer 3.1.4 and X-Transformer 1.0 beta 3 updates are now available for download! Iridient X-Transformer beta 3 is now supported on both macOS 10.7 or later and Windows 7 or later. Iridient Developer is available for macOS only at this time."

Jim

Sorry, I am still confused. Is there a version for Windows with the GFX converter in it. Where, please, is that link?
MichaelErlewine.smugmug.com. Founder MacroStop.com, MichaelErlewine.com, YouTube.com/user/merlewine

Jim Kasson

• The Last Word
« Reply #82 on: March 03, 2017, 06:28:48 pm »

Sorry, I am still confused. Is there a version for Windows with the GFX converter in it. Where, please, is that link?

The link is above. Here it is again.

http://www.iridientdigital.com/

The only one of Brian's products that will run on Windows is the one that converts to DNG format. It's not a full raw developer like Iridient Developer, but it will let you get your GFX files into Lr after they're in DNG. That is, I think it will. Since I don't have a GFX yet, I can't be sure.

Jim

algrove

« Reply #83 on: March 03, 2017, 06:37:51 pm »

I do believe it was a good point that someone made back earlier that if on B&H's website you accidentally left it on "ship  all items once in" so to speak, it could delay all your GFX items that are curently in stock while waiting for that elusive other item or two. I have had this happen to me and now often order one or two items at most in the same order as I never remember to say "ship anything that has arrived".

This could be the delay by many of you. It mgight be good to call B&H to tell them to change your order to ship whatever is in when it arrives.

NowHere2

« Reply #84 on: March 03, 2017, 08:13:43 pm »

You should check to see if B&H is holding off on shipment until all of the items in Order # 1 are in stock. That has happened to me.

You're probably right.  I didn't find anything on the original order or in the current status (online) which indicated "ship all at same time" or "ship as available" -- best to verify and I will contact B&H this weekend.  Thank you for the tip.

Scott

NowHere2

« Reply #85 on: March 05, 2017, 11:09:47 am »

You should check to see if B&H is holding off on shipment until all of the items in Order # 1 are in stock. That has happened to me.

You were correct - B&H had "all items to ship together" on the order.  The H Mount Adapter G was holding up the order / everything else was in stock.  I told them to drop the adapter and the agent said the order would ship tomorrow.  Again, thanks for the tip.

I also asked about release plates - no ETA yet but they expect them from Kirk and RRS.  (no LCD protectors either but the camera is still new on the market).

Scott

Michael Erlewine

• MacroStop.com
« Reply #86 on: March 05, 2017, 11:28:29 am »

I also asked about release plates - no ETA yet but they expect them from Kirk and RRS.  (no LCD protectors either but the camera is still new on the market).

Scott

My understanding is the RRS has mapped the GFX and that it will be several weeks (at the earliest) before the L-Bracket is available.
MichaelErlewine.smugmug.com. Founder MacroStop.com, MichaelErlewine.com, YouTube.com/user/merlewine

fotagf8

« Reply #87 on: March 05, 2017, 12:08:20 pm »

I ordered the Fuji at about 9AM on January 19, the first day it was available for order.  I received notice that the camera shipped today (Sunday).  I also ordered two extra batteries and the viewfinder.  Those also shipped today (after I called to split the other two orders apart).  The lenses I ordered (120mm and the zoom) are not in stock, but expected before the end of March.  The rep seemed willing to extend my return period on the camera under the circumstances, but did not fully commit.  I've never returned a camera or lens, so I am not too concerned.

Anybody for medium format pinhole photography?

Jim Kasson

• The Last Word
« Reply #88 on: March 05, 2017, 12:16:30 pm »

You were correct - B&H had "all items to ship together" on the order.  The H Mount Adapter G was holding up the order / everything else was in stock.  I told them to drop the adapter and the agent said the order would ship tomorrow.  Again, thanks for the tip.

I tried to do that, and it didn't work:

Agent: We can only release items that are currently in stock on an order to ship out and not wait for the backorder. At this point all the items are backordered so we are not able to release anything. I would suggest contacting us again to see if anything is in stock and if there is something in stock we should be able to release it to ship right away.
Me: Is my order set up for you to ship partials now?
Agent: No, we cannot set up an order to ship partial if everything is backordered.
Me: If the body comes in, will you hold it for me and not let someone else whose order came in after mine get it?
Agent: Correct, it would be held for you.
Me: OK. Will I be notified?
Agent: I do not believe that the system would notify you. I would suggest contacting us again in a week or so and we may have information as to when it will be in stock.

Jim

hubell

« Reply #89 on: March 05, 2017, 12:28:30 pm »

I tried to do that, and it didn't work:

Agent: We can only release items that are currently in stock on an order to ship out and not wait for the backorder. At this point all the items are backordered so we are not able to release anything. I would suggest contacting us again to see if anything is in stock and if there is something in stock we should be able to release it to ship right away.
Me: Is my order set up for you to ship partials now?
Agent: No, we cannot set up an order to ship partial if everything is backordered.
Me: If the body comes in, will you hold it for me and not let someone else whose order came in after mine get it?
Agent: Correct, it would be held for you.
Me: OK. Will I be notified?
Agent: I do not believe that the system would notify you. I would suggest contacting us again in a week or so and we may have information as to when it will be in stock.

Jim

Try a different agent. I was initially told by the agent the same thing you were told, and when I kept pushing back, he figured out how to do it. I think he had to go into the system and cancel the item that was not available, so that the existing order would appear complete to the system. He then reordered the other item and somehow did it in a way that did not put me at the back of the line. If necessary, ask to speak with a supervisor.

vjbelle

« Reply #90 on: March 05, 2017, 01:35:06 pm »

Scott

I would hope that the camera is using Gorilla glass or something similar as to eliminate the need for an LCD protector. 

Victor

NowHere2

« Reply #91 on: March 05, 2017, 05:54:15 pm »

I would hope that the camera is using Gorilla glass or something similar as to eliminate the need for an LCD protector. 

Victor

Victor, your statement made me curious -- I went searching for the answer.  Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything that states the what the back (touch) LCD is made of -- to play it safe, I will assume it isn't a hardened material.   Below are some of the documents I found online:

http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/gfx/fujifilm_gfx_50s/pdf/index/gfx_catalogue_01.pdf
http://fujifilm-dsc.com/en/manual/gfx50s/technical_notes/spec/index.html
http://fujifilm-dsc.com/en-int/manual/gfx50s/gfx_50s_omw_en_s_f.pdf

anyone else know for sure if the back (touch) LCD is regular glass (or not)?

Scott

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #92 on: March 05, 2017, 06:33:37 pm »

After Apple cancelled their contract for the iPhone 6 series of phones, there should have been a lot of G glass on the market.

I doubt however Fuji used it, but it would have been nice for sure.

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

relms

« Reply #93 on: March 05, 2017, 08:33:31 pm »

I received notification from Amazon this morning that my GFX camera and 63 MM lens has shipped with expected delivery on Wednesday.  I look forward to comparing the GFX 50 with the Leica S system that I have used for the last 5-6 years, with occasional brief flings with other camera systems.  Despite support issues, I have stayed with Leica, not having found any other system that measures up to the image quality and the shooting experience I get from Leica. 

hcubell

• http://www.howardcubell.com
« Reply #94 on: March 06, 2017, 09:49:37 am »

Fuji Rumors is reporting a rumor that LR will be updated this week with GFX raw support. If true, excellent news.

NowHere2

« Reply #95 on: March 06, 2017, 04:48:35 pm »

All of my orders #1 and #2 shipped from B&H - the only item not available was the Fuji Adapter (which I dropped from the order).  I hope to have everything by Thursday/Friday this week.

davidgp

• davidgp fotografia
« Reply #96 on: March 07, 2017, 11:32:47 am »

All of my orders #1 and #2 shipped from B&H - the only item not available was the Fuji Adapter (which I dropped from the order).  I hope to have everything by Thursday/Friday this week.

Adobe Camera RAW 9.9 just launched, with support of Fuji GFX 50s: https://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2017/03/acr-9-9-now-available.html , also DNG Converter supports it... I assume that Lightroom will closely follow this...

Regards,

David

Jim Kasson

• The Last Word
« Reply #97 on: March 07, 2017, 12:49:36 pm »

I placed my B&H order on 1/19. The confirmation email is time-stamped at 10:24. A B&H agent just informed me that my GFX is not scheduled to ship until 4/7.

Jim

davidgp

• davidgp fotografia
« Reply #98 on: March 07, 2017, 01:14:49 pm »

Adobe Camera RAW 9.9 just launched, with support of Fuji GFX 50s: https://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2017/03/acr-9-9-now-available.html , also DNG Converter supports it... I assume that Lightroom will closely follow this...

Sooner I say that it happens... Lightroom 2015.9 available - https://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2017/03/lightroom-cc-2015-9-now-available.html with support to the Fuji GFX

NowHere2

« Reply #99 on: March 07, 2017, 10:53:14 pm »

I placed my B&H order on 1/19. The confirmation email is time-stamped at 10:24. A B&H agent just informed me that my GFX is not scheduled to ship until 4/7.

Jim

Jim,  I checked the date & time stamp on my order - Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 3:15 AM. 

Scott
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up