Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Trump II  (Read 14248 times)

JoeKitchen

Re: Trump II
« Reply #160 on: July 07, 2017, 10:19:28 am »

only in paranoid minds of some people... Kim is not - he is just doing his best with cards he was dealt

US is not "were", US is "are"... US forces are in SK - so no invasion to SK under current circumstances with NK forces ... but of course if Kim decides that US really wants to take him out then by all means he will be right to nuke Seoul first ... he can't afford not to.

how do u know ? do I need anything more than pen and paper to take on a bank ? and I am not more smart in the matters of survival than Kim (neither is you) - I bet we both long 'd be gone in NK, and he rules ...

it takes more to rule, survive and deter USA in NK for Kim that for Putin to do the same in Russia ...

I was making a joke in regards to mathematical calculus. 

So NK nuking of Seoul without provocation is fine (a preemptive strike as you say in so many words), but the USA nuking Japan after Japan decided to try and take over the world is not? 

Your comment on survival is once again a red herring.  Talking about survival is very different then talking about whether or not someone will actually attack another country with a nuclear weapon without provocation.  Once again, your mental health and moral code has nothing to do with someone else's. 
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 03:19:27 pm by JoeKitchen »
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

JoeKitchen

« Reply #161 on: July 14, 2017, 07:28:54 am »

Reading and commenting on current events keeps you aware of your surroundings-both good and bad...it's empowering and provides an avenue to vent, as long as you don't take too serious...are you taking it too serious?

What?  Sorry Jeff, this sounds like a lame middle school response. 

Not that I care that you keep on posting news clips, but this forum is suppose to be about conversation, not dictation, and perhaps original thoughts too.  I just simply ignore most of your posts since it's obvious you really don't care for responses to them and almost all have become nothing but cut and paste, not too original. 

Anyway, how do you have that much free time on your hands to read and post all these things? 
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 10:23:00 am by JoeKitchen »

JoeKitchen

« Reply #162 on: July 14, 2017, 03:19:52 pm »

I would be more than happy to discuss anything with you (and we have as I recall). But I understand how frustrated Trump supporters must be with all the negative news (#FAKENEWS) that is flowing out of mainstream media, but it wouldn't be flowing if Trump and his Minions™ weren't screwing the pooch so badly ya know?

But as for this thread, I'm treating it like a gallery wall that I can post interesting, entertaining or scathing news items all about Trump and his Deplorable™. I kinda see myself as the curator...I've gotten real good at mining all the Trump stories–it really doesn't take long with Google and MSN and BING news searches...I'm sorry you don't like my copy/pastes but I like to conserve my time and find it more efficient to point people to the stories. I do it as a service to save the viewers of the thread from having to do their own news aggregation.

As for how I have the time and energy to do all these posts? Well, I don't have to work for a living and I'm in the fortunate position of only doing those things I find fun, entertaining or enriching. As I said, I find researching and being on top of the news therapeutic and gives me a place to vent about the idiots running the insane asylum formerly know as the White House. I know Trump supporters find that irritating...good. That's gratifying :~)

Wow, that's the best ya got dooode?

A "lame middle school response"...well, hopefully this response will be more to your liking, is it?

Otherwise I can resort to is that better?

(Note to Moderator: Don't worry Chris, I quit taking anything personally in this thread a long time ago so I just let stuff roll off and refuse to attack back :~)

See, this is what I am talking about!  A thoughtful original post that is not a cut and paste from an article, which is exactly what forums are about. 

They are not about looking up articles, then posting them verbatim, often with little to no posted opinions or personal commentary, as if this is your personal gallery.

I am glad you do not need to work for a living, I don't either.  I just take pictures and fortunately people pay me a few grand every now and then to do so.  However, I still need spend the time to take and edit those pictures, which could easily add up to 70 to 80 hours some weeks.  I have a marathon of post production I am looking forward to right now, and I just got a job I priced high so as not to get, damn clients!

And yes, at 7 in the morning, before coffee, that was the best I had.  But don't think for a second yours was any better. 

JoeKitchen

« Reply #163 on: July 14, 2017, 04:00:44 pm »

Well, I did start this thread (a really long time ago) so I kinda think I can post anything here that doesn't violate the LuLa Terms of Service (right Chris & Kev?)...so, yeah it is kinda like my own personal gallery of all things disturbing or humorous regarding the Trumpster...

8)

I disagree.  You merely continued a previous thread that was started by BernardLanguillier and closed because a few posters went off the rails.   :P

JoeKitchen

« Reply #164 on: July 16, 2017, 05:50:23 pm »

Wasn't Jared going to fix the Middle East? We should stop distracting him and let him get on with the job.  ;)

Not really sure what you are implying here.  Every administration have had a plethora of so called "experts" that "will" fix the middle east and nothing has happened yet.  So it's not like he could do any worse. 

In all seriousness though, the Middle East will never be fixed unless we, the USA, stop providing all help to Israel until they end their apartheid governance of the Palestinians.  I don't see any political will strong enough in this country for that to happen though; not even Obama had the grit to vote against Israel last fall. 

JoeKitchen

« Reply #165 on: July 19, 2017, 07:22:58 pm »

Point me to the lies and libels...lots of inconvenient truths but I really don't see the lies.

Oh, wait, you weren't talking about Tito's Vodka huh?

Props on that one Jeff! 

Littlefield

« Reply #166 on: July 20, 2017, 02:35:29 pm »

If "The Juice" gets paroled Trump may be trumped. LOL
Don

texshooter

« Reply #167 on: July 26, 2017, 03:03:44 am »

« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 11:05:26 am by texshooter »

JoeKitchen

« Reply #168 on: July 28, 2017, 09:19:48 am »

No I didn't curse nor swear. I was raised in a very religious family. Public profanity or even swearing was not acceptable. 

No wonder your parents didn't allow you to join. You would have been an embarrassment to them. There's nothing worse than a 14 year old with the mouth of a sailor.

As a former high school teacher, I can guarantee you, you're the unique one. 

JoeKitchen

« Reply #169 on: July 28, 2017, 09:25:14 am »

I can wait to find out what Trump does when Hillary's book comes out in Sept.

Hillary Clinton lets her "guard down" in new memoir after stunning election defeat

The ultimate Trump troll?

Is this serious?  Is she really writing a book stating how she feels she lost?  And are you promoting it? 

You Dems just can't get rid of her can you? 

She has to be the most conceited and full of hubris individual in politics right now, and is certainly bringing down the Dems with her.  And this is only making her look more foolish, especially since all of those on the left are finally starting to accept and admit she was a bad candidate and that that was the reason she lost. 

Let her publish her book; it's only going to be a big negative for the Dems, especially in the current leadership vacuum you guys have. 

I think the sooner you get rid of her, the better. 

I just can believe how tone-deaf HRC is.  I mean after the whole email thing and her refusal to accept any culpability for it for months on end was baffling, especially since the majority of the country thought she was culpable.  Now her refusal to admit she had a bad (really no) message and ran a horrible campaign, when every expert, on the right and left, has said so, is even more perplexing. 
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 10:00:02 am by JoeKitchen »

JoeKitchen

« Reply #170 on: July 28, 2017, 09:35:09 am »

So the New York Times in their continuing anti-Trump effort now uses a trans-gender soldier, Chelsea Manning,  dishonorably discharged from the service for treason and who served 7 years in a brig to speak to why the service should allow trans-gender people into the service.  Beside the insult of letting a traitor speak to this, she (he) only highlights the point that maybe trans-gender people are unstable enough mentally that they shouldn't be allowed in the military or any part of the government where security is involved. The NY Times so hates Trump, that they are apparently blind to their stupidity in using her to support trans-gender rights regarding the military. What buffoons.   They actually make Trump seem reasonable in his position.   

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/27/opinion/trump-transgender-military-chelsea-manning.html?_r=0

I think one of the biggest mistakes Obama made was pardoning Chelsea Manning, but not Snowden. 

Snowden deserved a pardon; his actions were for the good of the country.  Chelsea Manning's actions were selfish and about self-promotion. 
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 10:39:03 am by JoeKitchen »

texshooter

« Reply #171 on: July 28, 2017, 01:39:52 pm »

She lost to Trump because of messaging.

Trump:  Vote for me and I'll make your life better.
Hillary:  Vote for me because I want it really bad.

Whether true or not, that's the vibe many got from these two lesser-of-evil candidates.  Which message is more marketable?  Yup, you guessed it.

JoeKitchen

« Reply #172 on: July 28, 2017, 03:03:44 pm »

Wow you really hate her huh? What did she ever do to bring forth that level of hate? I mean at least Trump has a career of doing and saying hateworthy things...

And yes th book and title are real and no I'm not promoting it but pointing out the odds are Trump will become fixated by what she writes (well fixated by what people think ho read the book and go running to Trump to tell him).

You figure the Donald will EVER quit mentioning his election win over her?

Yeah me neither :-)

I dont hate her.  She is almost as good for the Republicans as Nancy Pelosi.   ;)

I just think she is pathetic, and always has been.  As a 1st lady, she put up with her husband's infidelity just for her career and tried to take down those "bimbos" who he cheated on her with.  As a senator, she did the bare minimum; she never put her name on any new pieces of legislation, and never stuck her neck out.  Played way too safe.  As SoS, her inaction in the middle east cost the lives of Americans, gave way to ISIS, and decreased our standing in the world.  Otto Phocus pointed out all of her negatives with the campaign. 

To be honest, I can not possibly fathom how she got the ticket.  Any other Dem would have been better. 

Anyway, it's really you who should be hating her.  She is the only one filling the leadership vacuum in the Democratic party and these continuous self-loathing comments she is making is only making the Dems look bad. 
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 04:20:37 pm by JoeKitchen »

texshooter

« Reply #173 on: July 29, 2017, 09:11:27 pm »

Looks like the German "illness" is becoming pandemic ;)

If 0%of muslim foreign nationals secretly  wanted to hurt us Americans, surely it would be immoral to ban ALL muslims from entering the U.S.   If 100% of muslims wanted to hurt us, however, surely it would be morally justifiable to ban ALL muslims.
  So what do we do when the actual percentage is less than 100% but more than 0%?  How much risk are you willing to take? And is it racist/Islamaphobic/intolerant if I am more risk averse than you are? And if so, by how much?  Can you be 10% of a racist?  Are you a racist if you draw the line at 1% but I at 2%?  How much risk should a non-racist be allowed to take? .01%?  1%.  How about 10%?  Maybe 99%?

« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 09:18:21 pm by texshooter »

texshooter

« Reply #174 on: July 30, 2017, 08:10:29 am »

If 0%of foreign nationals secretly  wanted to hurt us Americans, surely it would be immoral to ban ALL people from entering the U.S.   If 100% of the people wanted to hurt us, however, surely it would be morally justifiable to ban ALL people.

If 1% of students at school (A) had unscreenable Ebola virus, and 99% of students at school (B) had Ebola, surely it would be moral to enroll your children into school B.

JoeKitchen

« Reply #175 on: August 01, 2017, 11:43:00 am »

So you and Peter think what's happening in Venezuela is good?

I have been giving a good deal of thought about this situation.  One thing I kept on coming back to is why are they not fighting back?  I would certainly be fighting if I were in this situation. 

I was never in the military, I don't own a gun, I don't get in physical fights, but if my freedom was being threatened directly in my own country, I would not hesitate to fight for it especially when it is obvious peaceful tactics are no longer viable. 

It just blows my mind no armed resistance has be organized yet. 

PS, I do have to agree with Otto Phocus on his statement above though.   
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 12:06:58 pm by JoeKitchen »

JoeKitchen

« Reply #176 on: August 01, 2017, 01:36:43 pm »

so do feel IRA of various flavors, ETA, ISIS and so many others  ... does not look like you recognize their choice freedom because it does not suit u, does it ? you don't have a monopoly on what freedom is, you just have the United Fruit States army to impose your view about it ;D ...

Oh ...

Freedom (according to google): the power or right to act, speak, or think as one wants without hindrance or restraint; absence of subjection to foreign domination or despotic government; the state of not being imprisoned or enslaved. 

Freedom (according to Merriam-Webster): the quality or state of being free: such as
a :  the absence of necessity, coercion, or constraint in choice or action
b :  liberation from slavery or restraint or from the power of another :  independence
c :  the quality or state of being exempt or released usually from something onerous freedom from care
d :  ease, facility spoke the language with freedom
e :  the quality of being frank, open, or outspoken answered with freedom
f :  improper familiarity
g :  boldness of conception or execution
h :  unrestricted use gave him the freedom of their home

I sincerely doubt anyone who actually follows what is going on in the world would truly concede, without an alternative motive, that any of the governments you mentioned above actually promote(d) freedom and allowed those whom live(d) under their rule to be free.  Furthermore, in all of your examples, the majority of people living under those regimes were/are against them, an antonym to the definition of freedom. 

BTW, you are right in that freedom is not a monopoly of the USA; mainly other countries have freedom.  However, your implication that the rights of people can be constrained in the manners listed above while at the same time considering those same people as free is wrong according to the definition of freedom. 

You should brush up on your diction. 

JoeKitchen

« Reply #177 on: August 01, 2017, 02:50:39 pm »

google, really ? why not Koran  ? try for a moment to consider that people might have totally different mindset at all ...

Was the Merrian-Webster (one the most well regarded sources of diction in the English language) definition too long to read? 

Or did you not bother because you can't criticize me for ignoring variations of the word "freedom" when you recognize/admit that I listed 8 variations of the word's definition? 

But anyway, here is a link for the definition of freedom according to the Oxford English Dictionary.  The OED lists all variations of the definition of all words since that word's creation and inception into the English language. 

You won't find a single definition of freedom there that supports your previous statement about ISIS, the Taliban, Maduro, etc. 

So as you can see, not only am I taking into consideration different variations, I am takin into consideration every variation. 

Last, if someone's mindset on how to live does not coincide with the definition, then their mindset is not one of freedom.  Furthermore, if that mindset is one of instilling a rule of government onto a people where the majority are against it, that is a mindset of tyranny. 

texshooter

« Reply #178 on: August 01, 2017, 03:20:25 pm »

The Republican says to the Democrat: Our problems started on your president's watch; therefore, he is to blame.
The Democrat replies to the Republican:  No, it is the previous Republican administration's fault. The effect was delayed.

The Democrat says to the Republican:  It was Republican policies that failed to fix our problems.
The Republican replies to the Democrat:  No, our policies were too restrained. We didn't go far enough, or we didn't give it enough time.

The Republican says to the Democrat:  Here are statistics that prove your policies caused our problems.
The Democrat replies to the Republican:  No, your statistics are unreliable.

The Democrat says to the Republican: Your party had majority rule and didn't fix our problems. You failed.
The Republican says to the Democrat:  No, our party couldnt fix the problem because your party interfered and refused to cooperate.

And round and  round we go.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 12:17:04 am by texshooter »

JoeKitchen

« Reply #179 on: August 01, 2017, 04:44:19 pm »

google, really ? why not Koran  ? try for a moment to consider that people might have totally different mindset at all ...

Let's step back for a moment. 

Are you arguing that there is more then one form of viable governance?  If yes, then I completely agree with you and realize that since english is not your first language that that may have gotten lost in translation. 

However, if you are arguing, as your posts imply, that a form of governance that does not have majority support of the people it is governing and is forcing itself upon them can still be considered free, that is simply not possible by definition.  Furthermore, I would not support any governance that does not have majority support. 
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 05:02:44 pm by JoeKitchen »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16   Go Up