Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 331   Go Down

Author Topic: Trump II  (Read 915245 times)

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Re: Trump II
« Reply #4200 on: July 14, 2017, 01:11:19 am »

Donald J Trump, President of the United States of America is...well kinda stupid.

Trump Wants Border Wall “Transparency” So Drug Traffickers Don’t Hit Anyone Throwing Bags of Drugs Over

A man walks along a glass wall that is not on the southern U.S. border, but in eastern France.

Ever since Donald Trump Jr. released a series of incriminating Russia emails this week, moments before the New York Times was set to publish a story about said emails, the Trump clan congratulated itself and rallied around its own self-professed transparency on the matter. Extreme transparency!

Because Trump thinks and speaks in monosyllabic word loops, words often appear over and over and over again, sometimes over the course of the same presidential sentence, until Trump has tumbled dried every last drop of meaning out of them. Clearly President Trump wasn't ready to let “transparency” go just yet and still had it on the brain Wednesday night when he spoke to reporters aboard Air Force One en route to a meeting with French President Macron in Paris.

Like a toddler learning new words, Trump synthesized his new zeal for saying "transparency" with his tried-and-true dedication to all things “the wall.” If you were thinking that Donald Trump wants to ensure the financing and bidding processes for his hypothetical wall are going to be “transparent,” think again. He’s so into transparency these days he wants the wall to be transparent.

Your president of the United States:

"One of the things with the wall is, you need transparency," Trump said. "You have to be able to see through it. In other words, if you can't see through the wall—so it could be a steel wall with openings, but you have to have openings because you have to see what's on the other side of the wall."

Confused? Give him a moment. Let him explain.

"And I’ll give you an example. As horrible as it sounds, when they throw the large sacks of drugs over, and if you have people on the other side of the wall, you don't see them—they hit you in the head with 60 pounds of stuff? It's over," Trump said. "As crazy as that sounds, you need transparency through that wall."

I know. This is really happening. Still.

Schewe

« Reply #4201 on: July 14, 2017, 01:19:52 am »

Well, this is kinda creepy...

'You're in such good shape! Beautiful!' What Trump told Brigitte Macron, 64, after awkward embrace when he refused to let her go

'You're in such good shape': An official French videographer was close to Trump as he delivered the awkward complement to the French First Lady

Donald Trump made a notable addition to his long list of questionable comments about women on Thursday as he told France's 64-year-old first lady: 'You know, you're in such good shape.'

The compliment to Brigitte Macron was made in front of her husband Emmanuel, the 39-year-old French president, and Trump, 71, repeated it to him before turning back to Mme Macron and saying to her: 'Beautiful.'

The exchange was captured on a French official Facebook live stream. What was not captured was Melania Trump's reaction, as her back was to the camera.

However the American first lady, 47,  seemed to move closer to Mme Macron and put her hand around her protectively as Trump spoke to her.

The awkward exchange came after an also-awkward lingering embrace with Mme Macron as she and her husband welcomed him and Melania to Paris on the eve of Bastille Day.

Trump kissed Mme Macron Parisian-style, once on each cheek, before taking both her hands for a prolonged grip, in which he appeared to jerk her left arm towards him as she appeared to be struggling to get him to let go.

It was an off-script start to a carefully-choreographed visit to Paris which on Friday will see Trump and Macron together for the Bastille Day celebrations, as well the couple dining together on Thursday evening at the Eiffel Tower.

Trump spoke to Mme Macron as she and Melania left Les Invalides - the complex of buildings that serve as a monument to the French military in central Paris - for a tour of other site of the French capital.

Schewe

« Reply #4202 on: July 14, 2017, 01:24:42 am »

And this from Fox News...

Krauthammer: Trump Jr.'s 'Attempted Collusion' Completely Undermines WH Narrative

On "Special Report" tonight, Charles Krauthammer said the new story about the Obama administration allowing Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya to enter the U.S. is a "red herring the size of a whale."

Veselnitskaya is the attorney thought to have damaging information on Hillary Clinton who met with Donald Trump Jr. in June 2016.

Attorney General Loretta Lynch reportedly signed off on granting the attorney special "parole" to be in the U.S.

Krauthammer said the real "scandal" is that Trump Jr. - through an intermediary - arranged a meeting with a Russian government lawyer in order to get dirt on Clinton.

He added that the email chain released earlier this week by Trump Jr. also confirms that the Kremlin was supporting the Trump campaign.

Schewe

« Reply #4203 on: July 14, 2017, 01:39:16 am »

I guess Kellyanne Conway thought Fox views needed visual aids to understand the topic of Collusion

Kellyanne Conway Just Used Flashcards to Teach Americans about ‘Collusion Delusion’

During an interview on Wednesday, Counselor to the President Kellyanne Conway used flashcards to emphasize that the Donald Trump campaign didn't collude with the Russians to interfere in the 2016 U.S. election.

“This is to help all the people at home. What’s the conclusion? Collusion? No. We don’t have that yet,” Conway said, while showing flashcards to the camera during an interview with Fox News' Sean Hannity. “I see illusion and delusion,” she said, while holding up large cards with the words written on them.

She continued:

"So, just so we’re clear everyone. Four words: Conclusion? Collusion. No. Illusion. Delusion. Yes,” she said. “I just thought we would have some fun with words. Sesame Grover’s word of the day."

Conway's appearance comes after Donald Trump Jr. revealed earlier this week that he met with a Kremlin-linked lawyer last June after he was informed that the lawyer had damaging information about former Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton. Conway's appearance served as a way to defend Donald Trump Jr.
Shortly after the interview, Conway's interview turned into the latest meme craze.

Did she actually think this through?

Persistent Woman @PixMichelle

SeriouslyUS? @USseriously

Frans Waterlander

« Reply #4204 on: July 14, 2017, 01:51:21 am »

Get a life, Jeff!

Schewe

« Reply #4205 on: July 14, 2017, 01:56:28 am »

Get a life, Jeff!

Thanks for the note...yes, I do have a life and part of my therapy is to find stories that tell a little bit about the person that is president and what it might mean for the rest of us.

BTW, you don't have to read this thread...you know :~)

Frans Waterlander

« Reply #4206 on: July 14, 2017, 02:24:52 am »

I'm sorry to hear you are in therapy.

Schewe

« Reply #4207 on: July 14, 2017, 03:02:10 am »

I'm sorry to hear you are in therapy.

Sorry to hear you aren't, perhaps you might find it useful-it's one of the reasons I'm a happy guy...

Reading and commenting on current events keeps you aware of your surroundings-both good and bad...it's empowering and provides an avenue to vent, as long as you don't take too serious...are you taking it too serious?

pegelli

• http://pegelli.smugmug.com/
« Reply #4208 on: July 14, 2017, 03:04:33 am »

pieter, aka pegelli

Schewe

« Reply #4209 on: July 14, 2017, 02:55:19 pm »

I just simply ignore most of your posts since it's obvious you really don't care for responses to them and almost all have become nothing but cut and paste, not too original.

I would be more than happy to discuss anything with you (and we have as I recall). But I understand how frustrated Trump supporters must be with all the negative news (#FAKENEWS) that is flowing out of mainstream media, but it wouldn't be flowing if Trump and his Minions™ weren't screwing the pooch so badly ya know?

I mean it's not like the #Failing NYT made up Donny Jr.'s emails right? It's not like the media puts words in Trump's mouth when he does interviews and the extremely rare sudo-news conferences or Tweets...(as an aside, who is Jim that Trump was referring to in relationship to Paris?).

I mean a lot of Trump supporters are finding all this very entertaining just like a Reality TV Show where Trump gets to give it to the swamp but they haven't caught on yet how much of a screwing THEY are gonna get if the GOP healthcare pan passes or heaven forbid, Trump's plan for the budget goes through. The super wealthy are still holding out hope that they can hold their noses long enough to wait out some rumored tax break for the .5% (looks like that got cut from the GOP healthcare plan–which is ok with Trump because he was too stupid to realize there WAS a tax cut in the healthcare plan).

But as for this thread, I'm treating it like a gallery wall that I can post interesting, entertaining or scathing news items all about Trump and his Deplorable™. I kinda see myself as the curator...I've gotten real good at mining all the Trump stories–it really doesn't take long with Google and MSN and BING news searches...I'm sorry you don't like my copy/pastes but I like to conserve my time and find it more efficient to point people to the stories. I do it as a service to save the viewers of the thread from having to do their own news aggregation.

As for how I have the time and energy to do all these posts? Well, I don't have to work for a living and I'm in the fortunate position of only doing those things I find fun, entertaining or enriching. As I said, I find researching and being on top of the news therapeutic and gives me a place to vent about the idiots running the insane asylum formerly know as the White House. I know Trump supporters find that irritating...good. That's gratifying :~)

Sorry Jeff, this sounds like a lame middle school response.

Wow, that's the best ya got dooode?

A "lame middle school response"...well, hopefully this response will be more to your liking, is it?

Otherwise I can resort to is that better?

(Note to Moderator: Don't worry Chris, I quit taking anything personally in this thread a long time ago so I just let stuff roll off and refuse to attack back :~)

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #4210 on: July 14, 2017, 03:17:46 pm »

Russian-American lobbyist met with Trump Jr., Russian lawyer: NBC News
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-agent-idUSKBN19Z189

QUOTE: July 14, 2017 / 1:47 PM "WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A lobbyist who was once a Soviet counter-intelligence officer participated last year in a meeting with senior aides to U.S. President Donald Trump, including his son, and a Russian lawyer, NBC News reported on Friday, adding to allegations of possible connections between Moscow and the November election.

NBC News, which did not identify the Russian-American lobbyist, said some U.S. officials suspected him of having ongoing ties to Russian intelligence, something he denied to the network.

The Associated Press said the lobbyist, whom it identified as Rinat Akhmetshin, confirmed that he had attended the June 2016 meeting in New York's Trump Tower. Despite intense media focus on the meeting, his presence had not been reported or disclosed until Friday. "

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Schewe

« Reply #4211 on: July 14, 2017, 03:30:01 pm »

Back on track....

Who is Jim: The internet has a lot of ideas about the president’s mysterious friend

For all things Paris, President Donald Trump's go-to guy is Jim.

The way Trump tells it, Jim is a friend who loves Paris and used to visit every year. Yet Jim doesn't appear to be accompanying Trump on his first trip as president to the City of Lights. In fact, Trump has said repeatedly that Jim doesn't go to Paris at all anymore. Trump says that's because the city has been infiltrated by foreign extremists.

Whether the enigmatic Jim exists is unclear. Trump has never given his last name. The White House has not responded to a request for comment about who Jim is or whether he is on the trip.

Trump name-dropped Jim again and again on the campaign trail, but his friend didn't receive widespread attention until Trump became president. For Trump, Jim's story serves as a cautionary tale — a warning that even a place as lovely as Paris can be ruined if leaders are complacent about terrorism.

Asked about Jim's criticisms during a press conference Thursday, Trump dodged.

Instead he praised his host, French President Emmanuel Macron. Paris was "going to be just fine," Trump said, because France now has a "great" and "tough" president. He joked that Macron had better do a good job, "otherwise you're going to make me look very bad."

Jim's biggest moment in the spotlight was during a high-profile Trump speech in February at the Conservative Political Action Conference in Maryland. Trump explained that Jim "loves the City of Lights, he loves Paris. For years, every year during the summer, he would go to Paris. It was automatic, with his wife and his family."

Trump one day asked Jim: "How's Paris doing?"

"'Paris?" Jim replied, as relayed by Trump. "'I don't go there anymore. Paris is no longer Paris.'"

And of course, the internet is there to offer suggestions...

Chris White @Chris66uk
Will the real Jim please stand up #jim #whoIsjim
11:40 PM - 12 Jul 2017

harleyb @harleyb11
#whoisjim Nobody knows but @realDonaldTrump says he's in great physical shape and has a lean body.
2:14 PM - 13 Jul 2017

Anne Hidalgo  ✔ @Anne_Hidalgo
À Donald et son ami Jim, depuis @LaTourEiffel nous célébrons l'attractivité de #Paris avec Mickey et Minnie.
11:12 AM - 24 Feb 2017

(the above was posted by the mayor of Paris)

Schewe

« Reply #4212 on: July 14, 2017, 03:34:36 pm »

They are not about looking up articles, then posting them verbatim, often with little to no posted opinions or personal commentary, as if this is your personal gallery.

Well, I did start this thread (a really long time ago) so I kinda think I can post anything here that doesn't violate the LuLa Terms of Service (right Chris & Kev?)...so, yeah it is kinda like my own personal gallery of all things disturbing or humorous regarding the Trumpster...

8)

Schewe

« Reply #4213 on: July 14, 2017, 03:57:27 pm »

The Associated Press said the lobbyist, whom it identified as Rinat Akhmetshin, confirmed that he had attended the June 2016 meeting in New York's Trump Tower. Despite intense media focus on the meeting, his presence had not been reported or disclosed until Friday. "[/i]

And, it's interesting that Rinat Akhmetshin was sued for allegedly committing corporate espionage on behalf of Russian oligarch and industrialist Andrew Melinchenko. The suit was brought by International Mineral Resources (IMR) filed in July 2015 with the United States District Court for the District of Columbia. The filings regarded a sophisticated data breach by Russian hackers that compromised gigabytes of IMR corporate data. In the filings, sworn statements by private investigator Akis Phanartizis stated that Akhmetshin boasted that the hacking of IMR's computer system was organized by him.

So, on June 9, 2016 Donny Jr. meets with a guy who has bragged that he has organized and worked with Russian hackers in the past. Here's the timeline from a CNN post 2016 Presidential Campaign Hacking Fast Facts:

June 3, 2016 - Donald Trump's son, Donald Trump Jr. receives an email from Rob Goldstone, a music publicist whose clients include Russian singer, Emin Agalarov. Goldstone offers Trump Jr. official documents and information that incriminate Hillary Clinton. He explains that Russia and its government want to support Trump by passing along compromising information about Clinton. Minutes later, Trump Jr. indicates he is interested in seeing the information, "If it's what you say I love it especially later in the summer." Trump Jr. suggests arranging a conference call.

June 7-8, 2016 - Goldstone sends Trump Jr. another email about setting up an in-person meeting with a "Russian government attorney" who will be flying from Moscow to New York on June 9 to talk to representatives from the Trump campaign at Trump Tower in New York. Trump loops in campaign manager, Paul Manafort and campaign adviser, Jared Kushner.

June 9, 2016 - Manafort, Kushner and Trump Jr. meet with Russian attorney, Natalia Veselnitskaya. It is unclear what is discussed during the meeting, which was set up as a discussion of Russian-sourced opposition research on Clinton. Trump Jr. later says that Veselnitskaya did not present any valuable information during the meeting. She changes the subject and talked about a human rights law called the Magnitsky Act, according to Trump Jr. The elder Trump is at his office in Trump Tower on the day of the meeting but he does not participate, according to his legal team.

June 12, 2016 - During an interview on British television, WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange says that the website has obtained and will publish a batch of Clinton emails.

June 14, 2016 - The Washington Post reports hackers working for the Russian government accessed the DNC's computer system, stealing oppositional research on Donald Trump and viewing staffers' emails and chat exchanges. The Kremlin, however, denies that the government was linked to the hack, and a US official tells CNN that investigators have not yet concluded that the cyberattack was directed by the Russian government.

June 15, 2016 - A cybersecurity firm hired by the DNC posts a public notice on its website describing an attack on the political committee's computer network by two groups associated with Russian intelligence. According to the post, two Russian-backed groups called "Cozy Bear" and "Fancy Bear" tunneled into the committee's computer system. In response, a blogger called Guccifer 2.0 claims that he alone conducted the hack, not the Russians. As proof, he posts internal DNC memos and opposition research on Trump. Furthermore, Guccifer 2.0 claims to have passed along thousands of files to WikiLeaks. Trump offers his own theory on the origins of the attack: suggesting in a statement that the DNC hacked itself to distract from Clinton's email scandal.

July 22, 2016 - Days before the Democratic National Convention, WikiLeaks publishes nearly 20,000 emails hacked from the DNC server. The documents include notes in which DNC chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz insults staffers from the Bernie Sanders campaign and messages that suggest the organization was favoring Clinton rather than remaining neutral. Wasserman Schultz resigns in the aftermath of the leak.

July 25, 2016 - The FBI announces it has launched an investigation into the DNC hack. Although the statement doesn't indicate that the agency has a particular suspect or suspects in mind, US officials tell CNN they think the cyberattack is linked to Russia.

July 27, 2016 - During a press conference, Trump declares Russia may have hacked the State Department. He connects the suspected Russian cyberattack on the DNC to Clinton's use of a private email server while she was Secretary of State. "Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing," says Trump. Newt Gingrich, a Trump surrogate, defends Trump in a Tweet, dismissing the comment as a "joke."

Nice joke Donald...

But do we honestly believe that in the 20 minutes only Russian child adoptions were discussed? And it's just a coincidence that WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange says that the website has obtained and will publish a batch of Clinton emails on June 12th, 2016-three days later? Maybe...maybe not.

Fortunately we have Special Counsel Robert Mueller to investigate and he will get to the bottom of everything (unless Donny Sr fires him).

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #4214 on: July 14, 2017, 04:26:02 pm »

Why didn't we get the same coverage from the liberal press about the Trump dossier?  It was paid for by both anti-Trump Republicans and then after Trump won the nomination,  Democrats picked it up and continued the smear using it.  The British spy who prepared the dossier worked with Russian spies who supposedly got him true or phony information he put in it.  So it seems that the Russians were playing both ends.  Why wouldn't they?  It would be to their advantage to have something on the president whether it became Trump or Clinton.  So the Russians were busy helping  with bad stuff for a dossier on Trump while releasing bad stuff about emails from the Clinton campaign organization.  Putin is in nobody's corner except his own. 

But the point I'm making is that the liberal press makes the issue with a meeting where nothing apparently happened worse than the Democrats working with British and Russian spies to create a smear dossier against Trump.  The Republicans in Congress are schmucks.  They don't know how to fight dirty like the Democrats.  Why don't they have hearings on that too instead of just going along with the Democrat smear campaign? 

HSakols

• Hugh Sakols Photography
« Reply #4215 on: July 14, 2017, 04:55:18 pm »

Keep it up Jeff! I appreciate your efforts and fully support you! You are not alone.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #4216 on: July 14, 2017, 05:26:38 pm »

Well, the Travel Ban is back in the news.  The Hawaii judge says grandparents have to be let in.  That they're close enough family members.

It's interesting that when the original SCOTUS ruling was issued, three of the SCOTUS justices in a supporting ruling at the time said this would happen.    That SCOTUS opened a Pandora's box of lawsuits by allowing close relatives or others thinking they're in a "close" relationship to America.  How would anyone decide?    So now it's happened.  That SCOTUS should not get involved deciding this.  The very lower court who the Supremes overruled would be deciding on this after SCOTUS spanked them. 

I think the Appeals Court will "punt" and send it back up to SCOTUS. 

So now SCOTUS is thrown back into the fray deciding on minor issues that the government should decide.  While one could support that Grandparents should be included,  I think for their own sanity, they're going to let the government list of who can enter be left as the government decides.  They're apparently using a standard list for other purposes so I don't see why they have to change it.    Otherwise, SCOTUS is going to face an never-ending list of complainants (cousins, uncles once removed, etc.) who think they're "close" enough to be on the list. 

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #4217 on: July 14, 2017, 05:31:17 pm »

I disagree.  You merely continued a previous thread that was started by BernardLanguillier and closed because a few posters went off the rails.   :P

Right! He should have called it "The Longest Lula Tread" or "Trump thread with a lot of content".
Actually, I like most of Jeff's images and posts in this thread. It takes an effort (and also a disapproval of Trump) to research and collect all those pictures and information.

vjbelle

« Reply #4218 on: July 14, 2017, 05:39:03 pm »

What disaster? Stock market is up, illegal border crossings are 40% down, (some) Muslims are banned, Supreme Court judge appointed, communism advance (a.k.a. Dems) slowed down...so, what disaster?

+1

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #4219 on: July 14, 2017, 05:43:42 pm »

Right! He should have called it "The Longest Lula Tread" or "Trump thread with a lot of content".
Actually, I like most of Jeff's images and posts in this thread. It takes an effort (and also a disapproval of Trump) to research and collect all those pictures and information.
All that material just proves that the press is out to get Trump.  You think they would have stopped after the election.  It's the new job of the Washington's Post, NY Times and others like them to beat down the president.  It's a disgrace that these former great news organs  have resorted to yellow journalism to push their political viewpoints. 

I can understand MSNBC, CNN, and other cable news of those type.  They're really not honest news media but rather take a political viewpoint because that's what their viewer's "pay" for.  But for the NY Times especially who's byline is 'All the News that's Fit to Print", they should hang their heads in shame. 
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 331   Go Up