Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 331   Go Down

Author Topic: Trump II  (Read 916336 times)

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Re: Trump II
« Reply #4000 on: June 30, 2017, 02:06:48 pm »

The interests of America have been straightened internationally since Trump?

Huh?

If by interests of America have been straightened internationally since Trump you mean the whole world is laughing, then yes, you are correct! The whole world is laughing at Trump. Can you image the snickering he'll get next week at the G20? And he's gonna meet Putin and do what, try to sound tough?

Yeah...not so much :~(

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #4001 on: June 30, 2017, 02:28:33 pm »

The interests of America have been straightened internationally since Trump?  It was very weak under Obama.  Our adversaries are afraid of us again.  And our so-called friends no longer see us as an easy mark.  That's why your hear all the complaints from some of our allies.  They're going to have to pay more.  That will be good for American taxpayers.

If by interests of America have been straightened internationally since Trump you mean the whole world is laughing, then yes, you are correct! The whole world is laughing at Trump. Can you image the snickering he'll get next week at the G20? And he's gonna meet Putin and do what, try to sound tough?

There seems to be some dissonance between the Americans on this matter. When it comes to the international observers, they are also perplexed, like - how could all this have happened, and how much longer will it last?

Schewe

« Reply #4002 on: June 30, 2017, 05:17:13 pm »

There seems to be some dissonance between the Americans on this matter. When it comes to the international observers, they are also perplexed, like - how could all this have happened, and how much longer will it last?

Same feeling about Brexit?

I'm pretty sure a lot of this snuck on a lot of people and voters were lackadaisical about their civic duty and let a minority of voters sneak in and upset the apple cart. It's a major set back but hopefully it has been enough to engage people in political activities and discourse. Course it would be useful if the discourse wasn't so darn course...

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #4003 on: June 30, 2017, 05:48:53 pm »

Same feeling about Brexit?

Course it would be useful if the discourse wasn't so darn course...
I agree.  Maybe you should be more civil too instead of using terms like this when you talk about the President: #BigOrangeButthead

Schewe

« Reply #4004 on: June 30, 2017, 06:01:59 pm »

I agree.  Maybe you should be more civil too instead of using terms like this when you talk about the President: #BigOrangeButthead

I've been civil to you and others in this thread... but you are asking me to respect somebody as contemptible and despicable as Trump?

Naw, sorry the #BigOrangeDummy will only get my respect when he earns it...I'm sure expecting a very long wait!

Farmer

« Reply #4005 on: June 30, 2017, 07:26:09 pm »

He has demeaned the office of the President all by himself.  He doesn't deserve any respect.
Phil Brown

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #4006 on: June 30, 2017, 07:38:29 pm »

Imagine : and even reality;
The first president i can think of, that is not respected.
Not by me, not by many people, institutions and governments in and outside the USA.
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #4007 on: June 30, 2017, 10:14:08 pm »

Sorry, can't go along with this. He called Mexicans rapists, used "Pocohontas" to demean someone, called HC a "nasty woman", can't remember other instances right now. I understand why you want dignity and respect for the office, but that ship sailed a long time ago. Trump brought this on himself by his own undignified behaviour, no one else to blame but himself. Anyway, I thought you liked it when people are politically incorrect and "tell it like it is".
--
Robert

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #4008 on: June 30, 2017, 10:14:16 pm »

I've been civil to you and others in this thread... but you are asking me to respect somebody as contemptible and despicable as Trump?

Naw, sorry the #BigOrangeDummy will only get my respect when he earns it...I'm sure expecting a very long wait!
I understand how respectful you are by calling the President the #BigOrangeDummy.  Now if the President could only be as respectful in return as you the world would be so much more civil. 

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #4009 on: June 30, 2017, 10:19:24 pm »

Sorry, can't go along with this. He called Mexicans rapists, used "Pocohontas" to demean someone, called HC a "nasty woman", can't remember other instances right now. I understand why you want dignity and respect for the office, but that ship sailed a long time ago. Trump brought this on himself by his own undignified behaviour, no one else to blame but himself. Anyway, I thought you liked it when people are politically incorrect and "tell it like it is".
Well you're right.  It is mature to get down into the mud like others.  I'm sure that's exactly how your parents taught you to behave.  How could I have expected anything less of you?

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #4010 on: June 30, 2017, 10:20:43 pm »

Well you're right.  It is mature to get down into the mud like others.  I'm sure that's exactly how your parents taught you to behave.  How could I have expected anything less of you?

Goodnight.
--
Robert

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #4011 on: June 30, 2017, 11:03:11 pm »

So Trump sells more weapons to Taiwan pissing  off China again, and squeezes China and South Korea about their trade policies that negatively impact America.  He expressed that he's at the end of the line with North Korea and has given up pretty much on China helping.   Meanwhile, the American press would rather talk about tweets and Mika's facelifts and make fun of Trump rather than discussing existential issues that are really important to America and the world.  That's why the media has lower ratings then Trump, Congress and even the Democrats.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/30/world/asia/trump-south-korea-china.html

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #4012 on: June 30, 2017, 11:12:23 pm »

Donald Trump’s plan to encourage US companies to repatriate profits held offshore will allow the 50 biggest American corporations to save at least $300bn.

That should be an easy thing to do. Six months are gone, so when is he going to do it?
I would think, the sooner, the better to put that money to work in USA. And Apple might reduce prices on their products (at least in North America). The Apple stock price should also jump.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/apr/12/trump-tax-holiday-us-companies-apple-oxfam-tax
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 01:09:44 am by LesPalenik »

James Clark

« Reply #4013 on: June 30, 2017, 11:36:12 pm »

So Trump sells more weapons to Taiwan pissing  off China again, and squeezes China and South Korea about their trade policies that negatively impact America.  He expressed that he's at the end of the line with North Korea and has given up pretty much on China helping.   Meanwhile, the American press would rather talk about tweets and Mika's facelifts and make fun of Trump rather than discussing existential issues that are really important to America and the world.  That's why the media has lower ratings then Trump, Congress and even the Democrats.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/30/world/asia/trump-south-korea-china.html

Uh... you just linked a New York Times article covering China and South Korea to illustrate the importance of the situation while complaining that the media isn't covering China and South Korea.

Schewe

« Reply #4014 on: July 01, 2017, 12:08:28 am »

Maybe next time you will pick a real representative instead of a self appointed emperor with such great "new cloths."

Wait, who are you talking about, Trump or Clinton? Sorry, you lost me there :~)

Schewe

« Reply #4015 on: July 01, 2017, 12:25:42 am »

Meanwhile, the American press would rather talk about tweets and Mika's facelifts and make fun of Trump rather than discussing existential issues that are really important to America and the world.

Well, maybe if the #BigOrangeButthead (not sure of I like butthead better than dummy, what do you all think?) would wake up in the morning and use Twitter to talk about something substantial rather than getting into a snit about TV talkshow hosts, then I'll betcha the media would pay attention to that.

After all, Spicey made it official; Tweets from Donald J Trump are officially statements by the President of the United States of America and Leader of the Free World™. And he hasn't had a press conference in months...so Tweets what the press has.

So, maybe you can get butthead to Tweet on something important? No?

Well, ok then...

Schewe

« Reply #4016 on: July 01, 2017, 12:28:30 am »

Don't tell me you voted for Clinton for her personal qualities; you've admitted that you did not already.

I voted for Clinton so I didn't have to cast a vote for Trump.

I honestly think Clinton would have been a better president even with a GOP House and Senate. Clearly she would not have been the disaster that Trump has been.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #4017 on: July 01, 2017, 12:35:56 am »

What disaster? Stock market is up, illegal border crossings are 40% down, (some) Muslims are banned, Supreme Court judge appointed, communism advance (a.k.a. Dems) slowed down...so, what disaster?

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #4018 on: July 01, 2017, 01:16:02 am »

Uh... you just linked a New York Times article covering China and South Korea to illustrate the importance of the situation while complaining that the media isn't covering China and South Korea.
You don't see it on cable or discuss it here in the forum.  I doubt if you saw more than a few seconds, if that, on broadcast TV news.  Instead of us all focusing on what's really important, we get side tracked with nonsense like tweets because it sells better.  It's all about looking for something to knock the president instead of paying attention to what he's doing that will really effect us. 

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #4019 on: July 01, 2017, 01:22:27 am »

Exactly!  But don't tell me you voted for her because you liked it. 

For me, a stanch fiscal conservative and capitalist first, my vote was for the same reason as your vote.  If Anthony Kennedy retired this term, I would be more than happy to concede the next election to you. 
Ginsberg or Breyer would be nice too. 
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 331   Go Up