Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: no receiving the goods you ve paid for on this forum  (Read 6061 times)

danielduarte01

Re: no receiving the goods you ve paid for on this forum
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2017, 07:29:24 am »

I've actually had a moderator on APUG intercept messages... I was looking for a Mamiya C330 and this dude messaged and we went back and forth and then all of a sudden a day later I had a message from the same person "Please do not commence, this a scam.  APUG moderator"

Amazing they interrupted, scary your messages aren't all that private.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shootingalot

• Team up or no success
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2017, 09:42:01 am »

I only had one issue on eBay buying a Hasselblad H5D-40. The seller had 98% positive feedback on sales over 400 on records. The guy was in Italy. I won the auction for $5000 USD. Communication was perfect. I paid via PayPal. After some interesting hiccups, i started to feel that something is wrong. I went to the post office as the tracking number indicated it was delivered to me. After few phone calls i find my parcel about 50 km's from my address, different street name, city etc from what eBay gave to the seller. When i figured its another post office, i drove there quick and found an envelope sent from Italy to my name but different address. Inside a blank paper. Nice one! Reported to PayPal and i got my money back within 5-6 days. I hope you can get your money back or get the goods delivered.

THANK YOU EVERYONE

I DID USE PAYPAL  , AND THE  SELLER IS  VICTOR SGUASSERO  FROM THE ADVERTISED  GOOGLIGHTING  SINCE 2015.

IN ANY CASE  PAYPAL  HAS  ITS WAYS  AND WHATEVER IT ADVERTISE  AS FAR AS SUPPORT   DOESN'T  COME TRUE  ,LONG STORY  BIUT  WITH ALL THE EVIDENCE THEY I GAVE THEM  , THEY STILL FOUNFD A WAY TO DISMISS THE CASE  DUE TO NOT HAVING A LETTER HEAD ON THE INFO AND POLICE DECLARATION , ANYWAY  ANY EXCUSE IS GOOD  TO DISMISS    THE COMPLAINT .
EBAY  JUST  SENDS YOU TO PAYPAL  AND  THE SELLER  DOES NOT RESPOND 
WAITING  TOHEAR FROM THE CREDIT CARD PEOPLE 

BUT  FORM THE START  THER WAS NO WAY OF KNOWING  THE SCAM
THE SELLER SOUNDED GENUINE  AND  WE COMMUNICATED  CLEARLY  AND IT  WAS DONE  WITH PAYPAL

THE POST OFFICE  IN AUSTRALIA    IS WAITING FOR THE SELLER TO RESPOND  TO THEM  AND NOTHING WILL  HAPPEN UNTILL HE RESPONDS 
VERY   CONVENIENT FOR THEM
SO TO ALL  THANK YOU AGAIN 
KIND REGRADS
YVES  ROIRE

Goodlight_Studio

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2017, 11:57:16 am »

Hi Guys

This is the first time I've seen this post and I'm the sender.

I've bought and sold items on LuLa before and have never had a problem. But in this particular case the lens went missing during shipping. I have fully refunded Yves even though PayPal agreed in my favor during the dispute Yves filed with them. I have lost out on the lens as well as the shipping costs / PayPal fees etc. I've been scammed once and know the feeling.

Yves will back me up on this, I'm not a scam artist and I wanted to hold the post office accountable for the missing lens but that proving more difficult than you would think. I refunded Yves and am continuing the battle with the post office alone even though I don't think I'll ever get any money out of them.

Lesson for everyone who used LuLa - ship with insurance.

BobDavid

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2017, 12:54:24 am »

Selling: Ship with insurance, photograph the process of packaging and handing it over to the post office (I use FedEx--it is competitive with the postal service and has proven to be more buttoned up). FedEx is great about verifying an address to see if it is legit. Take a photo of the FedEx receipt and email or text it to the buyer--it'll have a description and a tracking code. Putting in an insurance claim with the USPS is a nightmare.

Buying: Check multi sources on a particular seller. eBay, LL, GetDPI, and Fred Miranda. Ask if there is an original receipt, where the was bought, and get a picture of the item with its serial code. It is possible to track down information on big ticket items such as PhaseOne and Hasselblad equipment. Those items are sold through dealers.

I've had great experiences buying and selling on LL and Fred Miranda. I stopped selling on eBay due to the 10% surcharge.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up