Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: What is your #1 request for manufacturers in 2017?  (Read 96363 times)

donbga

Re: What is your #1 request for manufacturers in 2017?
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2017, 09:20:41 pm »

Last, but not least, I would to have an option to set up the camera from the computer using a decent setup program.

Best regards
Erik Kaffehr

F&*^ing A! This is way overdue.

Don Bryant

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2017, 10:06:53 am »

To stop releasing products I feel attracted in buying? ;)

Boy was I right... ;)

Cheers,
Bernard

Rob C

« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2017, 11:52:08 am »

You certainly were.

It's like London buses, nothing for an hour and then four come along at once.

Disclaimer: Worry not, Rob.

;-)

I shall sleep better tonight!

;-)

Rob

armand

• Photos
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2017, 09:55:07 am »

From Fuji: a small, sharp, weathersealed 16-70/85 lens with OIS. Main purpose is for hiking to take along with a X-T2 and not worry about occasional rain drops or heavy dew. A constant F4 would be nice but I'll take a 4-5.6 if size differential is big. Telephoto at 70 is fine if 85 would make it too big.
Right now I'm using the Oly E-M5ii with the 12-40 F2.8 as hiking in any weather camera but would prefer the Fuji. I'll have to check the E-M1ii with the 12-100 F4 to see if it's as huge as I think it is as 5-6 stops of stabilization are very appealing, I would probably leave the tripod and come up ahead with the weight.

PS. the newer Nikon 16-80 F2.8-4 is 480g so they should be able to make it at least as light

Harold Clark

« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2017, 08:21:52 am »

I want more high quality shift lenses. Something in the 30 to 35mm range. And updates for the Canon and Nikon 45mm-shift lenses. Maybe Zeiss could enter that market? Imagine a shift lens with the quality of the Otus lenses. Sharp even in the extreme corners when shifted?

We have seen so many really good f 1.4-lenses. And zooms. But except of the PC-E 19mm - no groundbreaking shift lens came in the last years.

Marc

As a Canon user, a 32-35mm TSE as well as updates on the 45 and 90 would be most welcome, perhaps add a 65 TSE as well. I find the 24-105 a bit slow, and the 24-70 a bit short. A 24-85 f2.8 would be perfect.

Mjollnir

« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2017, 09:32:53 am »

For Panasonic to have come out with a more photocentric M43 top rig for less than $2000 so that I could have stayed with the system instead of cashing it all in and going to Nikon FF.

Whoops.  Too late!

NancyP

« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2017, 09:50:51 am »

Yes, 35mm is a favorite focal length, a shift lens would be welcomed.

bcooter

« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2017, 04:20:47 pm »

Since we shoot motion footage even on a still centric project, I'd love to see a few things, especially on the 1dxII. 

1.  A clip on EVF when going to motion with a hot shoe on top that will allow a pocket wizard or a shotgun mike.  The Olympus em series has this and it allows for 90 degree movement for a waist level shooting.

2. A 1dx style camera with a removeable right angle grip which allows for two different grips.  One for motion with low sound fans, xlr inputs (real xlr inputs and outputs), another for extra battery power and real full size hdmi outputs.

3.  A fully articulating lcd screen on the back.of the camera with touch screen face detection.

4.  For canon a stabilized 24 to 70 2.8 zoom.

5. A strong and deep motion file with a minimum of 10 bits, 422 and high bitrate.  None of this 23 megaBITS per second, but really ghigh bitrate.

6.  When setting for motion, none of this little tiny hidden record buttons.  Make the main firing button the the start stop button for footage.

7. Stop the 29 minutes cap on motion to avoid the euro tax man.   

8.  infantely moveable crops.  Not just uhd, or 285, or 2-3 or 4-3 but any crop you desire.

9.  Standardized external plugs for monitors, sound input, sound output etc. 

10. Immediate firmware upgrades and real testing.  Don't let the customer become a beta tester.

11.  An app for your phone that has easy to search information about the camera.  None of this find the pdf of the manual, do a search and have to go through a dozen non answers when you type in batter reconditioning. or whatever you're looking for.

12.  True software suites that have some commonality to c-1 and/or lightroom.  Not just hot folders, or software that doesn't allow quick focus check or workarounds.

Speaking of software.

1.  Offer an option to buy not subscribe.  If you travel from country to country the adobe subscription model doesn't always work and I could go into detail, though since we work the US and Europe regularly, Adobe just finally told me to buy multiple subscriptions.
Just let me buy it and be done with it.

2. Since a lot of still photographers are required to shoot motion footage, make lightroom and C-1 work with footage.  Add tracking, face detection, layers, etc all within the same style interface.  For diehard still photographers just put a button on top to make it a still only application.

For people like my studios offer both dtills and motion in the same timeline so matching stills to motion is much easier and faster.

3.  For adboe, get their hands on the camera makers secret sauce and stop backwards compatibility.   Look at the bone stock dpp look from a Canon vs. Lightroom.  I can make lightroom look close, but there is a difference.

4.  Offer upgrades for new cameras.  This change the whole suite everytime you buy a camera is time consuming, sometimes expensive.  Charge me for the compatibility, but don't make us run through fire just because we bought a newer camera model.

5.  Stop fooling around with file compatibility.   If your running on a pc quicktime is no longer fully supported.  Once again charge for it if you want to but no more locking people into an eco system. 

IMO

BC

uaiomex

• http://www.eduardocervantes.com
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2017, 08:55:53 pm »

For Canon: A mirrorless FF body with an EF mount, fully articulated screen and a 50 mp version of the 5D4 sensor. EF EOS is the most complete and amazing FF lens line in history. Need to say more?

For Sony: A 50 MP Exmor FF sensor inside a bigger A7 body with a fully articulated screen or Fuji Xt2 style movements.

For Fuji: Bring a FF 645 GfX camera and lenses. Stop being a pussy and grab the MF market by the balls.

That's it.

mbaginy

« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2017, 03:39:30 am »

For Fujifilm: a macro lens with tripod mount and built-in lens shade.

agbr

What is your #1 request for manufacturers in 2017?
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2017, 06:50:04 am »

A full medium format 56x56mm sensor and a Hasselblad V mount back using it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 09:14:26 am by agbr »

Rob C

« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2017, 03:02:22 pm »

A full medium format 56x56mm sensor and a Hasselblad V mount back using it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At a price that I could afford!

It would be like old times again; magical.

;-)

Rob

NancyP

« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2017, 04:00:03 pm »

Lr/Ps plug-ins by Adobe that will give you direct access to each of your new camera .CR2 file format (instead of having to convert to DNG on import) and to new lens profiles. I have Lr6 permanent license * (and Ps CS6), Lr6 does plenty for me. If I got a post Lr6 issue date camera, I would be fine with paying $10.00 to $20.00 to Adobe for the new camera plug-in RAW decoder and $5.00 for each new lens profile.

I just feel more secure with the laptop off-web 99% of the time. Not to mention, if you go off grid domestically (car camping) or travel across national boundaries, it still works even if it hasn't seen the internet and phoned home in the last 28 days..

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2017, 11:25:03 am »

Hi Nancy,

I would like to have DNG as an output alternative to proprietary raw.

Best regards
Erik

Lr/Ps plug-ins by Adobe that will give you direct access to each of your new camera .CR2 file format (instead of having to convert to DNG on import) and to new lens profiles. I have Lr6 permanent license * (and Ps CS6), Lr6 does plenty for me. If I got a post Lr6 issue date camera, I would be fine with paying $10.00 to $20.00 to Adobe for the new camera plug-in RAW decoder and $5.00 for each new lens profile.

I just feel more secure with the laptop off-web 99% of the time. Not to mention, if you go off grid domestically (car camping) or travel across national boundaries, it still works even if it hasn't seen the internet and phoned home in the last 28 days..
Erik Kaffehr

jemadsen

« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2017, 03:52:23 pm »

Focus stacking in Lightroom to supplement newly added Panoramic and HDR functionality.
Regards
Johannes Elkjaer Madsen

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2017, 04:28:02 pm »

Hi,

I would like to see focus stacking support in camera hardware. As it is now, I feel focus stacking works OK for macro shooting using a hardware rail like "Stackshoot" but doesn't really work for anything else. So, I would really want to see camera firmware allowing two focus points and user selectable intervals between.

It can definitively be done, Magic Lantern does it and also CamRanger.

Best regards
Erik

Focus stacking in Lightroom to supplement newly added Panoramic and HDR functionality.
Erik Kaffehr

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2017, 05:06:39 pm »

Hi All,

Cameras that shoot DNG...

Peter

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2017, 08:40:55 pm »

Hi,

I am with you…

Best regards
Erik

Hi All,

Cameras that shoot DNG...

Peter
Erik Kaffehr

BJL

« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2017, 09:51:52 pm »

Pardon much overlap with previous posts:

- Olympus/Panasonic: more good "mid-speed" zoom lenses, f/2.8-3.5 or f/2.8-4, for the Micro Four Thirds system. That sort of f-stop range allows designs with wider zoom ranges than constant f/2.8 with little or no more bulk than constant f/4 zooms, and so keeps down the weight of a kit covering my desired wide range of focal lengths while making manual focusing easier than slower lenses.
- Olympus: on-sensor PDAF in every MFT body, not just the flag-ships.
- Panasonic: good IBIS in every MFT body, so I can use all my Olympus lenses on them.
- Everyone: greatly improved WiFi and BlueTooth capabilities and user interfaces. Camera makers could learn a lot from mobile phone makers!  Things like wireless auto-upload to a computer (at least of preview JPEGs) and using a phone as a remote control and as a field uploading tool.
- Every mirrorless system: EVFs with lag clearly less than any SLR's mirror-lifting lag. That would leave only the handing of very high contrast scenes as the last barrier to EVF cameras completely surpassing OVF cameras for all practical purposes.
- Nikon: get serious about EVF cameras—this time in "DX" format—now that Canon has raised its game with the EOS M5 and M6 bodies.

(It would also be nice to see accessory EVFs for DSLRs, for video usage in particular, but I no longer have any interest in using DSLRs, so that is not on my wish list.)

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2017, 12:02:46 pm »

Always on my wish-list, high quality medium aperture lenses…

Question is will I buy, are they good enough?

Best regards
Erik

Pardon much overlap with previous posts:

- Olympus/Panasonic: more good "mid-speed" zoom lenses, f/2.8-3.5 or f/2.8-4, for the Micro Four Thirds system. That sort of f-stop range allows designs with wider zoom ranges than constant f/2.8 with little or no more bulk than constant f/4 zooms, and so keeps down the weight of a kit covering my desired wide range of focal lengths while making manual focusing easier than slower lenses.
- Olympus: on-sensor PDAF in every MFT body, not just the flag-ships.
- Panasonic: good IBIS in every MFT body, so I can use all my Olympus lenses on them.
- Everyone: greatly improved WiFi and BlueTooth capabilities and user interfaces. Camera makers could learn a lot from mobile phone makers!  Things like wireless auto-upload to a computer (at least of preview JPEGs) and using a phone as a remote control and as a field uploading tool.
- Every mirrorless system: EVFs with lag clearly less than any SLR's mirror-lifting lag. That would leave only the handing of very high contrast scenes as the last barrier to EVF cameras completely surpassing OVF cameras for all practical purposes.
- Nikon: get serious about EVF cameras—this time in "DX" format—now that Canon has raised its game with the EOS M5 and M6 bodies.

(It would also be nice to see accessory EVFs for DSLRs, for video usage in particular, but I no longer have any interest in using DSLRs, so that is not on my wish list.)
Erik Kaffehr

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up