Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Updates released: Adobe Camera Raw 9.8, Lightroom CC2015.8/6.8, iOS/Android  (Read 9239 times)

RikkFlohr

• Adobe, Inc. - Photography Products
    • Rikk Flohr's Website

Adobe released the following updates today:
Lightroom for Desktop CC2015.8/6.8
Lightroom for mobile iOS: 2.6
Lightroom for mobile Android: 2.2.2
Adobe Camera Raw 9.8

Users of Lightroom CC will notice new features in this update! Check out the blog post for more information on additional new camera support, new tethering support, new lens profiles, bug fixes and performance improvements.

If you are having trouble seeing the updates in your Creative Cloud App, hit the refresh [CMD/CTRL]+[Opt/Alt]+[ R ] and allow your App to pull in the latest updates.  Lightroom 6.x users will see the 6.8 update roll out via the Help>Updates… mechanism.

Complete details can be found on the Lightroom Journal blog. http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/
Rikk Flohr
Quality Engineer Customer Advocate - Photography Products
Adobe

jrsforums

Thanks, Rikk.  The iPhone looks and works great.  Not so much the iPad, which really needs the UI improved to support the sliders as in the iPhone.

One real problem on iPad.  I cannot find the info (title, comment) edit. Am I missing something?

John
John

RikkFlohr

• Adobe, Inc. - Photography Products
    • Rikk Flohr's Website

from: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2016/12/lightroom-mobile-december-releases.html

"The teams for both Lightroom for iPads as well as Lightroom for Android are also working on adding in the new edit and info experiences and we hope to release those updates soon."

Rikk Flohr
Quality Engineer Customer Advocate - Photography Products
Adobe

john beardsworth

• My photography site

One real problem on iPad.  I cannot find the info (title, comment) edit. Am I missing something?

Select an image, then from the top menu choose Info.

jrsforums

Select an image, then from the top menu choose Info.
John, have you tried that on iPad?
John

jrsforums

from: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2016/12/lightroom-mobile-december-releases.html

"The teams for both Lightroom for iPads as well as Lightroom for Android are also working on adding in the new edit and info experiences and we hope to release those updates soon."

Thanks.  Do the new edit experiences on iPad use sliders?
John

adias

The Point Curve bug on MBP touchpads has been worked on, but not resolved. It can also be very slow updating the curve change, at least on large mpixel images.

pearlstreet

John, (jrs) are you asking if you can edit the title and caption on the ipad? I can see it but can't edit it.

john beardsworth

• My photography site

John, have you tried that on iPad?

I am sorry, I overlooked that you did say iPad before. It's only on the iPhone at present, but seems to be coming to the iPad - about 2 years later than it should have done!

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas

Wow, still no support for the Phase One IQ100, guess that is just not going to happen.  Love it that the Hasselblad X1D is already in the list.  And please don't tell me it lack of support from Phase One, if Iridient can support the IQ100, I would think that Adobe could also.  Iridient is a one man show, Adobe has a few more folks last time I checked. 

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

lhodaniel

Re: Updates released: Adobe Camera Raw 9.8, Lightroom CC2015.8/6.8, iOS/Android
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2016, 04:58:36 pm »

I must be missing something on Reference View. The main, perhaps only, use I see for this would be to create a virtual copy and set soft proofing on for it, to edit to match back to the original under the printer profile. It would be great to be able to do this without going into PS. During my brief initial try of the feature, it doesn't look like one can soft proof the active frame.  ???

Lloyd

Christopher

• http://www.hauser-photoart.com
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2016, 05:40:57 pm »

Can't agree more. Still no IQ100 support. Just sad....

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Christopher Hauser
[email=chris@hauser-p

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2016, 05:55:22 pm »

I must be missing something on Reference View. The main, perhaps only, use I see for this would be to create a virtual copy and set soft proofing on for it

Er no. For example, let's say you have a shoot and decide you want to use one image alongside another that you edited earlier. It might be from the same shoot, or from a previous day with different light, or from another event etc. Or imagine you have product shots and reference images provided by the client. Or use an extreme ND filter with a colour cast and want to make its colours match a frame you took without the filter - that's a very practical use. And so on. Soft proofing? Not sure, but it's only one conceivable use.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2016, 05:59:33 pm »

Wow, still no support for the Phase One IQ100, guess that is just not going to happen.  Love it that the Hasselblad X1D is already in the list.  And please don't tell me it lack of support from Phase One, if Iridient can support the IQ100, I would think that Adobe could also.  Iridient is a one man show, Adobe has a few more folks last time I checked. 

It's hard to tell why, and it's not the first time, is it? I don't think there's any reason why Adobe wouldn't support it - and a small market share doesn't usually stop them. Lack of information from PhaseOne - you can certainly see why they might not be helpful. So one can only guess where the main difficulty lies.

schertz

• Adobe Portfolio
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2016, 06:05:54 pm »

I must be missing something on Reference View. The main, perhaps only, use I see for this would be to create a virtual copy and set soft proofing on for it, to edit to match back to the original under the printer profile. It would be great to be able to do this without going into PS. During my brief initial try of the feature, it doesn't look like one can soft proof the active frame.  ???

Lloyd

You could already do this before and I do it all the time... In the Develop module:

A) Enable soft proofing and create a virtual Proof Copy
B) Enable the Before/After view
C) Set the before state to "Master Photo"
D) Edit the proof copy to match the Master

Mike

jrsforums

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2016, 09:43:53 pm »

I am sorry, I overlooked that you did say iPad before. It's only on the iPhone at present, but seems to be coming to the iPad - about 2 years later than it should have done!

Agree on timeliness 😀

Happy Holidays John
John

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2016, 12:26:48 am »

Wow,.... Iridient is a one man show, Adobe has a few more folks last time I checked. 

Paul Caldwell

Adobe used to be big with support and developers and all. Basically a true company with employees.
I think now with CC, most things are automated and only one guy is behind an actual desk that gets a pay check.
Everything else goes to an outsourced marketing company for CC.
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

pearlstreet

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2016, 02:27:24 am »

Adobe used to be big with support and developers and all. Basically a true company with employees.
I think now with CC, most things are automated and only one guy is behind an actual desk that gets a pay check.
Everything else goes to an outsourced marketing company for CC.

Can't agree less with this comment. Lightroom and Lightroom mobile are great. I use them both everyday.

Sharon

Christopher

• http://www.hauser-photoart.com
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2016, 05:02:54 am »

Lightroom is just slow and really needs a huge speed upgrade. Mobile gets better and better.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Christopher Hauser
[email=chris@hauser-p

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2016, 05:09:16 am »

In every dot version of 6 there has been performance tuning. Yes, Mobile gets better and better.

Also see https://max.adobe.com/sessions/max-online/#16783. I suggest fast-forwarding to 11:30.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up