Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: xrite Colormunki Photo and Mac OS Sierra  (Read 2349 times)

John Chardine

• chardine photography
xrite Colormunki Photo and Mac OS Sierra
« on: December 07, 2016, 07:44:23 am »

I would be very grateful for any info updates on this topic as I have not profiled a paper in some time. After several years, xrite put out a new release of their Colormunki Photo software a while back (I'm running ColorMunkiPhoto v. 1.2.1). Are there any issues with this "new" software in terms of printing the swatches? I remember that turning colour management off was an issue on the Mac OS X side and I wonder if it still is when printing from Colormunki Photo? When I run through the "Profile My Printer" procedure in the Colormunki Photo software and get to the Print dialogue, under "Color matching", I see the options greyed out but Colorsync is chosen (exactly the same as when I print from Lr and set Color Management to a paper profile rather than have "Managed by Printer" set). Should I potentially waste some paper and ink and give it a whirl?

TIA!

John

Simon J.A. Simpson

Re: xrite Colormunki Photo and Mac OS Sierra
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 12:36:54 pm »

Hi John.

I have only just updated to El Capitan so I can't speak for Sierra.

ColorMunki Photo (software 1.2.1) works well under El Capitan and, for me, has produced good profiles.

If you've previously had v1.1.1 software installed on your system it is necessary to undertsake some file cleaning (this, from X-Rite).  See this post: ColorMunki Photo / Design – Monitor Profiles Too Dark on a Mac.

I have also tried the convoluted workaround (exporting PDFs from ColorMunki, importing them into Photoshop, printing them from Adobe Color Printer Utility, etc.) but there is a problem with this workaround under El Capitan, an sRGB profile gets inadvertently attached to the file.  I haven't really got to the bottom of this yet but this is now largely academic since the new ColorMunki software gives every indication that it is printing correctly.

I hope this helps persuade you to give it a go under Sierra !

John Chardine

• chardine photography
Re: xrite Colormunki Photo and Mac OS Sierra
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 08:01:08 pm »

Thanks Simon. That is very helpful. I'll report back....
Pages: [1]   Go Up