Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture One Pro 10 Launched!  (Read 10670 times)

JimDK

• Capture One - Made by Phase One
Capture One Pro 10 Launched!
« on: December 01, 2016, 07:14:20 am »

New Features

Performance focused re-write for faster viewing experience
New! 3-phase sharpening tool
New! Output Proofing
New! Halo Suppression
New! Hardware support for Tangent Panel Systems
New! Default Workspace
New! Camera Focus tool
New! Filter for orientation of images
New! More Apple Script properties (Mac Only)
Optimized: Jpeg Output for Size/Quality
Optimized: LCC for 100MP - Stripe reduction
Optimized: LCC generation
Improved: Move folders in Catalogs
Improved: Compressed RAW Support
Improved: Auto masking
Improved: activation management
Improved: Hardware Acceleration

https://www.phaseone.com/en/Products/Software/Capture-One-Pro/Whats-new.aspx

10.0 Camera Support

Sony a99 M2 support
Sony RX100M5 support
Sony a6500 support
Sony a3500 support
Olympus E-M1 mkll Support

10.0 Lens Support

Mamiya Sekor Fisheye ULD C 24mm 1:4
Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G (SAL70200G)
Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS
Sony E 18–200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS
Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS (SELP18105G)
Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS (SEL55210)
Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS (SEL1018)
Sony E 20mm F2.8 (SEL20F28)
Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70 mm F4 ZA OSS (SEL1670Z)
Zeiss Sonnar T* FE 55 mm F1.8 ZA (SEL55F18Z)
Sony DT 50mm F1.8 SAM (SAL50F18)
Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM (SAL35F18)
Sony DT 30mm F2.8 Macro SAM (SAL30M28)
Sony 16mm F2.8 Fisheye (SAL16F28)
Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 25mm f/1.2 PRO
Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12-100mm f/4 IS PRO
Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 R

Get the download/trial here: https://www.phaseone.com/en/Download.aspx
Software Product Manager - Phase One A/S

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Re: Capture One Pro 10 Launched!
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 08:22:54 am »

Sad to see that the stripe reduction LCC does not apply to the IWQ250/150/350, as they have the exact same issue as documented by myself to Phase One over 2 years ago.

Also sad that it appears Phase will not attempt to support the Pentax K1 pixel shift image support.

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

sankos

• Why matters
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 08:51:46 am »

Also sad that it appears Phase will not attempt to support the Pentax K1 pixel shift image support.

Pentax users don't get much love from PhaseOne. The camera support is at the bottom of their priority list, and so is the lens support -- I don't see the support for the K70 and the lens list is two or three years old, with no changes there. In the meantime RawTherapee developers are working hard on the pixel shift support, and it seems like it's doable. See here for a progress report from yesterday: http://goo.gl/HGQn0h

Alan Smallbone

• APS Photography
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016, 09:23:33 am »

I wonder if they are finally supporting Fuji compressed raw?

Alan
Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2016, 09:32:36 am »

Sad to see that the stripe reduction LCC does not apply to the IWQ250/150/350, as they have the exact same issue as documented by myself to Phase One over 2 years ago.

Hi Paul,

It would be wonderful if they did support the Pentax and Olympus, and future other offerenings of multi-shot exposure fileformats, but it is only a small part of the market they have to serve, and it would require a massive rewrite of their conversion algorithms. It also has to do with that, unlike e.g. Hasselblad, they do not have a multi-shot exposure sensor themselves (otherwise they would have already had the basic functionality figured out).

I'm not so sure that they will never support it, but it will be rather low on their agenda, unless the market segment that needs it grows a lot (and that excludes MF offerings). There has to be a financial justification for the R&D cost that is involved. Again, had they had a product themselves, it would have been less of an effort. Maybe if Canon and Sony start offering such camera sensors, the likelihood will increase.

The fact that they have improved the compressed Raw format support in version 10, proves that they are not blind for the more exotic proprietary fileformat variants, it just needs a large enough demand for the support of those.

Having said that, the new 3-phase sharpening introduced in Version 10, including adjustment layers that allow local creative sharpening, already do a lot for the single shot Raws.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

D Fuller

• AirStream Pictures
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2016, 09:46:29 am »

For those of us who are long-time Davinci Resolve users, the support for Tangent control panels is very exciting. I've long wished I could use my control panel with Capture One.
business website: www.airstream.pictures
blog: thirtynineframes.com/blog

E.J. Peiker

• http://www.ejphoto.com
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2016, 10:05:38 am »

Installed Capture One Pro 10, Launched the program, selected DB as the version since I am an XF/IQ3-100 owner and it states "The full package of Capture One Pro, free to use for Phase One or Mamyia Leaf users only". The program launches but launches as Express For Sony. Retried several times, always the same thing.

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2016, 10:20:33 am »

Installed Capture One Pro 10, Launched the program, selected DB as the version since I am an XF/IQ3-100 owner and it states "The full package of Capture One Pro, free to use for Phase One or Mamyia Leaf users only". The program launches but launches as Express For Sony. Retried several times, always the same thing.

Hey Ej,

Just tried this myself and DB runs fine?  Perhaps contact support!

David

David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

E.J. Peiker

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2016, 10:26:07 am »

Hi David,

Already did that, they sent me a link on how to install and upgrade which didn't at all begin to address the issue.  This is on the Windows version, I know you use Mac David.  Here is my license screen.  As you can see it thinks it's running in DB mode from the button at the bottom but is actually running in Sony Express mode...
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 10:46:29 am by E.J. Peiker »

lhodaniel

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2016, 10:55:22 am »

David,

Who is going to sell the Logic Keyboard for C1P? I don't see any mention of it on B&H, Adorama, or Logic's website.

Regards,
Lloyd

E.J. Peiker

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2016, 10:59:53 am »

Looking at the download page https://www.phaseone.com/en/Online-Store.aspx

Choosing download Pro version, from new purchase, the box that opens is for Sony and the Sony version opens a box for Pro, it seems easy to download the incorrect version.
I don't know if the upgrade page is also incorrect as I use the free DB version.
No that's not it unfortunately in my case - correct version downloaded, DB mode selected but opens in Sony Express :(
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 11:12:07 am by E.J. Peiker »

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2016, 11:30:26 am »

Pentax users don't get much love from PhaseOne. The camera support is at the bottom of their priority list, and so is the lens support -- I don't see the support for the K70 and the lens list is two or three years old, with no changes there. In the meantime RawTherapee developers are working hard on the pixel shift support, and it seems like it's doable. See here for a progress report from yesterday: http://goo.gl/HGQn0h

I can't see it being that hard, Iridient developer has had support for months now.  That's a one man show, so I give him a lot of credit.  And his conversion is very good.  I just need the added tool sets of C1 or LR.  LR made their normal "1 pass and done" and it's pretty terrible on pixel shift.

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

• Capture One
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2016, 11:48:48 am »

David,

Who is going to sell the Logic Keyboard for C1P? I don't see any mention of it on B&H, Adorama, or Logic's website.

Regards,
Lloyd

Hey Lloyd,

Its almost finalised.  When it is it will be available via Logic or potentially Phase One partners if they want to distribute.

David
David Grover

• Capture One
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2016, 11:49:37 am »

Hi David,

Already did that, they sent me a link on how to install and upgrade which didn't at all begin to address the issue.  This is on the Windows version, I know you use Mac David.  Here is my license screen.  As you can see it thinks it's running in DB mode from the button at the bottom but is actually running in Sony Express mode...

HI EJ,

I would get back to support and to keep you running in the meantime, use the full PRO trial.

David
David Grover

• Capture One
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2016, 11:51:09 am »

For those of us who are long-time Davinci Resolve users, the support for Tangent control panels is very exciting. I've long wished I could use my control panel with Capture One.

Glad to hear!!  Its been missing from still image use for a long time.  You must have felt very limited when moving away from Resolve.
David Grover

E.J. Peiker

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2016, 11:52:19 am »

HI EJ,

I would get back to support and to keep you running in the meantime, use the full PRO trial.

David
Exactly what I'm doing :)  Thanks for the webinar this AM.  BTW, Auto Mask does work for DNG now.

G_Allen

• http://www.plasticimage.com
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2016, 12:28:02 pm »

C1 10 is much slower that 9.3 on my system (MacPro D700 12-core, 64gb ram), going from image to image.

There is a noticeable delay between pressing the arrow key and advancing to the next image. C1 9.3 instantly advances to the next image, and then takes an instant to render. C1 10 won't advance instantly, but doesn't have the render lag after the image appears.
I prefer the former, as it is easier to edit this way. And the delay between pressing the arrow key is frustrating.

Hopefully this gets fixed!

E.J. Peiker

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2016, 12:34:01 pm »

C1 10 is much slower that 9.3 on my system (MacPro D700 12-core, 64gb ram), going from image to image.

There is a noticeable delay between pressing the arrow key and advancing to the next image. C1 9.3 instantly advances to the next image, and then takes an instant to render. C1 10 won't advance instantly, but doesn't have the render lag after the image appears.
I prefer the former, as it is easier to edit this way. And the delay between pressing the arrow key is frustrating.

Hopefully this gets fixed!
Completely the opposite for me on an i7 4GHz and nVidia 1080 graphics card Win 7.1 machine.  Advancing with the arrows, even with IQ3-100 files is now completely instant.

Alan Smallbone

• APS Photography
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2016, 01:17:25 pm »

Well still not support for compressed Fuji raws yet, but hopefully sometime in the future, it is really great that auto masking work for Fuji now. So lots to look forward to....

Alan
Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA

jwstl

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2016, 01:36:25 pm »

Interested in hearing thoughts on the performance of C1 10 on the Mac. I really wanted to love 9 but using it was such a frustrating (wait....wait....wait...) experience I went back to a competitor. I'll be skipping the upgrade if there isn't a substantial improvement.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up