Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sony Sensor Cleaning - Beware  (Read 14190 times)

dchew

• Dave Chew Photography
Re: Sony Sensor Cleaning - Beware
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2016, 06:24:11 am »

Actually the instructions say the wipes are for cleaning in the field. My guess is Phase got a deal on the Eclipse bottles because most people are switching to the Aero-clipse for the reasons mentioned previously. Phase used to supply the A/B solution and B was either pure or very high in alcohol. More guessing, but it could be that the high alcohol content is a problem for IBIS sensors and/or the way they are mounted/glue chemistry. Phase doesn't have that so they got a truckload of Eclipse for a song.

Dave

In the Phase One kit, likely Ewipes are for the sensor, Eclipse for the lenses.
It would be un-PhaseOne of them to include 2 things that are uncertain of what you use them for.

Yes, blow all you can, and then swabs work easier. I like the Ewipes as I clean a few other areas like mount and such after the sensor.

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2016, 07:33:34 am »

Hi,

It is not about the IBIS but the Sony sensors have an antistatic coating, possibly tin oxide, that needs special care in cleaning.

Best regards
Erik

Actually the instructions say the wipes are for cleaning in the field. My guess is Phase got a deal on the Eclipse bottles because most people are switching to the Aero-clipse for the reasons mentioned previously. Phase used to supply the A/B solution and B was either pure or very high in alcohol. More guessing, but it could be that the high alcohol content is a problem for IBIS sensors and/or the way they are mounted/glue chemistry. Phase doesn't have that so they got a truckload of Eclipse for a song.

Dave
Erik Kaffehr

dchew

• Dave Chew Photography
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2016, 08:34:58 am »

Thanks Erik, more proof that I really should stop guessing.

Dave

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2016, 10:52:16 am »

Hi Dave,

Just something I read a few years ago.

Best regards
Erik

Thanks Erik, more proof that I really should stop guessing.

Dave
Erik Kaffehr

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up