Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: With Red 8K Raw, movie recording surpasses most still cameras  (Read 22621 times)

Rob C

Re: With Red 8K Raw, movie recording surpasses most still cameras
« Reply #80 on: October 25, 2016, 03:07:48 pm »

I sometimes enjoy the workflow to pull stills from motion, it´s not meant to replace a still shooting, it just adds another tool and it is just so different. I don´t second the idea it is just "let the camera roll and be lucky to find a good still". It needs the same if not more preparation and attention to get a good result. This example is taken from a 6K Red Monochrome clip we recently shot for Mario Krankl.

Beautiful on all counts.

Rob C

UlfKrentz

• http://www.shoots.de
« Reply #81 on: October 25, 2016, 03:21:14 pm »

Thank you, Rob. Glad you like it!
One more thing, since I started to work with motion I had to take a look at lenses again. Also bought a set of vintage Nikkors, obviously not for every task. There are so many "perfect" lenses today but at least for my taste they are lacking soul. So we started to work at lot more with our old Mamiya RZ instead of the H we mainly used before.

Rob C

« Reply #82 on: October 25, 2016, 04:05:03 pm »

Thank you, Rob. Glad you like it!
One more thing, since I started to work with motion I had to take a look at lenses again. Also bought a set of vintage Nikkors, obviously not for every task. There are so many "perfect" lenses today but at least for my taste they are lacking soul. So we started to work at lot more with our old Mamiya RZ instead of the H we mainly used before.

I'm not really surprised: I have an old manual Nikkor 2/35mm and it gives me something different to the few newer Nikkors I have. It's pictures feel sort of 'malleable', just as did my old Rollei's Tessar 3.5/75 compared with my 'blad's 2.8/80 Sonnar, which made everything sharp and rather hard. It's a difficult concept to verbalise, but I'm sure you understand what I mean.

Shot wide open at f2, hand-held, of course, which with glaucoma is challenge enough! ;-)

Rob C

UlfKrentz

• http://www.shoots.de
« Reply #83 on: October 25, 2016, 04:47:05 pm »

Absolutly, this is a beautiful image and a perfect example which shows the organic look that I like about that vintage glass very well. The fast ones get a strange and very special look wide open- you´ll know of course ;-)

Cheers!

Rob C

« Reply #84 on: October 25, 2016, 04:59:33 pm »

Absolutly, this is a beautiful image and a perfect example which shows the organic look that I like about that vintage glass very well. The fast ones get a strange and very special look wide open- you´ll know of course ;-)

Cheers!

Thanks for the compliment - it's nice doing pictures just for fun, now, though I do miss the excitement of the commission.

Rob
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up