Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom Mobile Sync Problem  (Read 10315 times)

mbaginy

Lightroom Mobile Sync Problem
« on: August 03, 2016, 11:01:02 am »

About a month ago, I switched from LR6 to LR CC.  I've also installed LR Mobile on my iPad but am having problems to sync some catalogs to LR Mobile on my iPad.

LR CC doesn't show the rectangles to the left of the catalogs (not smart catalogs) which I need to tick in order to sync.  I do have the latest LR CC software installed.  I do have the latest LR Mobile software installed.  And I have signed into both LR CC and LR Mobile.

I've searched sites far and wide but have found nothing similar to my predicament.  Those small rectangles are simply missing.  It's as if I have a version of LR CC installed without the sync to LR Mobile option.

What's also odd is that three some catalogs have (somehow) synced to LR Mobile without my doing!  I've tried to delete these from LR Mobile but after confirming that I want to delete them (typing into a field: delete 308 photos) and clicking the delete button (in Safari) - nothing happens!

Has anyone encountered a similar situation and can offer advice?  Otherwise I'll have to contact the folks at Adobe.  It's probably just some silly unticked box but I can't find that field.

rdonson

Re: Lightroom Mobile Sync Problem
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 11:43:07 am »

Mike, are you really using several different catalogs?  Are you really referring to collections when you say catalogs?
Regards,
Ron

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 11:44:14 am »

I am a bit confused by what you say. You say "am having problems to sync some catalogs" but you do understand that you can only sync a single catalogue? Your problem might be explained by opening a second catalogue, one that isn't the synced catalogue. But there's no such things as "smart catalogs". So have you written "catalogs" when you meant "collections"?

From Help > System Info, what's the first line in the box scrolling box? Does it read "Lightroom version: CC 2015.6.1"?

In Edit > Preferences > Lightroom Mobile, what is shown under Status?

Show the top panel (F5) and click the Identity Plate. What's the first line - Sync with Lr Mobile? Is it paused?

mbaginy

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 01:32:40 pm »

Darn, Before posting I read and re-read what I had written and didn't notice my mistake.  Sorry Ron and John - I do mean collections and not catalogs.  I'm aware that LR Mobile can sync from one catalog only and I have only ever used one catalog for all my images.

Viewing Julieanne Kost's tutorial on getting started with syncing collections, I understand that there should be a rectangle to the left of each collection (not smart collection).  This is the rectangle to click in order to initiate syncing.  But I'm missing those rectangles completely!

Sorry for the confusion concerning catalog and collection.  Maybe I shouldn't have been half listening to news on the TV while typing.  At the top left of the LR page, I'm reminded that I'm truly running LR CC (and not LR 6).  So those rectangles should be visible.

RikkFlohr

• Adobe, Inc. - Photography Products
    • Rikk Flohr's Website
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 01:40:36 pm »

It sounds like you are not logged in and/or have not hit the Start Syncing button. Go to your Identity Plate (just above the Navigator panel) , click and make certain you are signed in and have enabled Sync with Lightroom mobile by clicking Start.
Rikk Flohr
Quality Engineer Customer Advocate - Photography Products
Adobe

mbaginy

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2016, 01:49:34 pm »

Rikk, I have logged in (on both devices).  When I click to START I get a popup that I can sync only one catalog.  Do I want to delete the existing catalog?  Since I haven't synced anything yet, even though I have 305 images showing on LR Mobile, yes I want to delete that existing catalog.

But nothing happens!  And I can't figure out how (or why) LR Mobile synced those 305 images.  I haven't told it to do so since my LR CC doesn't even show those rectangles for me to click.  I'm a bit lost.

rdonson

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2016, 01:53:48 pm »

Mike, on my monitors (calibrated) those boxes are quite difficult to see.  For whatever reason Adobe chose to outline those boxes in a thin black line on a dark gray background.  They flunked ergonomics on that one for me.  Command+ doesn't work with Lr on my Macs for enlarging this area to see better.

Anyway, have you tried just clicking there to see if anything appears?

To Rick's point go to "Preferences" and make sure the "Lightroom Mobile" tab is set up as well.
Regards,
Ron

rdonson

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2016, 02:04:06 pm »

Mike, here's how the panel looks on my computer screen

Regards,
Ron

RikkFlohr

• Rikk Flohr's Website
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2016, 02:04:49 pm »

Go to http://lightroom.adobe.com and log in with your Adobe ID.  You can see there what the images are that are synced and if they can be discarded.
Rikk Flohr
Adobe

rdonson

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2016, 02:07:51 pm »

Mike, by any chance are those 305 photos from your smartphone?

I plugged my iPhone into my computer and before I knew it there were 150 iPhone photos in Lr.  I've since gone to Lr Mobile and deleted that but the default behavior of many mobile centric apps is to suck your photos off your iPhone or iPad.
Regards,
Ron

mbaginy

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2016, 02:21:42 pm »

Rikk, I've tried that link but was unable to find any photos or mention of collections which may have been synced.  I tried to delete the catalog from which the images were being synced but nothing happens by pressing the DELETE button.

mbaginy

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2016, 02:23:11 pm »

Ron, it does look that way!  There's an image synced which I haven't imported to LR.

mbaginy

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2016, 02:24:29 pm »

Ron, this is what my panel looks like.  No rectangles!

RikkFlohr

• Rikk Flohr's Website
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2016, 02:38:03 pm »

Go to Help>System Info… and verify that you are running a CC version of Lightroom.

If you are, verify that your Creative Cloud App, Lightroom for desktop, any mobile devices, and http://lightroom.adobe.com are all logged in on the same Adobe ID and it is the valid ID for your subscription.
Rikk Flohr
Adobe

rdonson

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2016, 02:54:00 pm »

Ron, this is what my panel looks like.  No rectangles!

I assure you, Mike, the rectangles were in this before LL converted it to a PNG.  I'll look for another way to show this. 
Regards,
Ron

rdonson

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2016, 03:01:19 pm »

Regards,
Ron

mbaginy

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2016, 03:32:52 pm »

Ron, I think there is a misunderstanding, sorry about that.  I see the rectangles in the screen shot of your panel.  That's what I was expecting on mine too.

It's my panel which is lacking the darn things - as seen on my screen shot.

mbaginy

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2016, 03:40:01 pm »

Go to Help>System Info… and verify that you are running a CC version of Lightroom.

If you are, verify that your Creative Cloud App, Lightroom for desktop, any mobile devices, and http://lightroom.adobe.com are all logged in on the same Adobe ID and it is the valid ID for your subscription.
Rikk, this is what the System Info shows.  It looks correct to me.

mbaginy

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2016, 03:45:25 pm »

I've just done something strange and notice another thing: suddenly all my collections are gone!  Not a single one shows up, even the default collects created by LR.  Is there some magic trick to have them return?  I'm sure I didn't delete them.

And then, LR CC on my MacBook shows those rectangles which I'm missing on my iMac.  But I don't have any images on my MacBook (I only use it for traveling).

This is getting stranger by the minute, so I think I'll call it a day and get some sleep.  Try again tomorrow.  Maybe I've gotten myself into a rut and can see clearer tomorrow.

RikkFlohr

• Rikk Flohr's Website
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2016, 03:47:08 pm »

System Info looks good. Start looking at your Adobe ID's on every place that touches your mobile and make certain they are the Creative Cloud ID.
Rikk Flohr
Adobe
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up