Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Drama at F-Stop Gear  (Read 15540 times)

larkis

• My photography blog
Re: Drama at F-Stop Gear
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2016, 12:35:18 pm »

For anyone who is worried as I was, my bag (the Sukha) with some gatekeeper straps arrived in about two and a half weeks to Toronto.

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2016, 02:15:34 pm »

Interesting. Never used FStop bags.
But since someone posted Lowepro. I have their larger backpack and regret not getting wheels. For any bag I get now, unless going very light (only body and a couple lenses) I will get a wheeled bag.

Oddly LowePro has ZERO messenger style bags.
The "messenger" bag is my favorite design as it gives me direct access without sling or putting anything down.
So there is an old Tamrac that is a bit on the large side that is messenger and with rollers. I love it, but need a bit smaller with rollers and messenger.

I wish I was a bag designer!!! :-)  If think many folks have a bag in mind specific to their needs.
I tried to find this magic bag, and now have maybe 15 bags....Out of all I use the VanGuard Uprise38(ne rollers, compact) the most, and the old Tamrac with rollers for more gear needs.
In the years that I have had a backpack style bad, even for tekking, I have only used the LowePro large backpack as storage, and Never carry it as a backpack with gear.

I've realized backpack style bags do NOT work for me.
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2016, 02:55:17 pm »

I agree on long trips. the wheeled bag makes good sense.

Which wheeled bags do you recommend?

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

E.J. Peiker

• http://www.ejphoto.com
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2016, 08:14:18 pm »

If you travel much outside of the USA on foreign carriers, be careful of wheeled bags.  They are vastly more likely to be required to be checked than a backpack and way more likely to be weighed.  With 5 to 10kg (11 to 22lb) limits essentially universal on non US carriers and many airlines, especially European ones that enforce those limits, the wheeled bag not only raises suspicions by ticketing agents, they also generally weigh more than a backpack with similar capacity reducing the amount of gear you can bring in the cabin.  If you mostly travel inside the USA, the wheeled carriers are great.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up