Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: X-rite i1io problem: iProfiler is not seeing the i1 photo pro 2  (Read 3469 times)

Anil Kalagatla

I recently got the i1io scanning table and the i1 photo pro 2 device, upgraded the table firmware to 1.0.8 and now my i1Profiler app does not see the i1 Photo pro2 (or the scanning table) at all.  I saw a recent thread about problems with 1.0.8 firmware version - not sure if this is a similar issue.  I'm running Windows 10.  And BTW, the application sees the i1 pro2 when directly connected to the computer (instead of via the scanning table).

Any ideas on how to fix this?  Has anyone successfully downgraded their firmware to 1.0.7?

Thanks
Anil

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: X-rite i1io problem: iProfiler is not seeing the i1 photo pro 2
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2016, 09:21:46 am »

I recently got the i1io scanning table and the i1 photo pro 2 device, upgraded the table firmware to 1.0.8 and now my i1Profiler app does not see the i1 Photo pro2 (or the scanning table) at all.  I saw a recent thread about problems with 1.0.8 firmware version - not sure if this is a similar issue.  I'm running Windows 10.  And BTW, the application sees the i1 pro2 when directly connected to the computer (instead of via the scanning table).

Any ideas on how to fix this?  Has anyone successfully downgraded their firmware to 1.0.7?

Thanks
Anil

Hi Anil; X-Rite software can be buggy. Unless someone else with direct experience on the scanning table can answer you here, I suggest calling X-Rite tech support, for whatever it's worth (that too can be spotty), and see whether they can help you.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

Royce Howland

• Vivid Aspect Photography
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2016, 10:52:22 am »

Anil, I posted the thread about the issues with the i1io table and firmware 1.0.8. So far I have not seen the issue you're experiencing. X-Rite software is flakey, but for the most part once I got through the issues I reported in that thread, I have been able to get useful results out of the table, i1Pro 2 and i1Profiler. I'm running the latest releases of all X-Rite software, but doing so on Windows 7 so my configuration is not exactly equivalent to yours.

One thing I can suggest is to check the version of XRD Services you have installed, and update it if it's not the most current. XRD Services does not get version-checked or updated by i1Profiler, so you might be running an older version of it.
https://www.xrite.com/x-rite-device-services-xrd/support

Anil Kalagatla

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2016, 11:20:30 am »

Thanks Mark and Royce.  I installed all the latest software, tries the Diagnostics tool and finally for good measure rebooted my PC a couple of times.  The reboots seem to have done the trick - at least from a connectivity point of view, as the iProfiler now sees them both.  Hopefully, this will allow me to do a profile now.  As you say, the software is definitely flaky as it does not always see my devices without some twiddling.

Anil

Royce Howland

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2016, 02:28:07 pm »

I do find the need to reboot occasionally to clear out the cobwebs with i1Profiler. (Actually, I think it's more likely an issue with the lower level software like XRD Services.) Sometimes during a profiling run the software will lose communication with the table/spectro and either hang forever, or abort with an error. When this happens, probably half the time simply exiting and restarting i1Profiler doesn't work. So now whenever I hit an issue, I just reboot first, and then try again.

Anil Kalagatla

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2016, 02:27:34 am »

A quick update:  I was able to successfully profile with this combo.  I did have to reboot a couple of times more as the app hung when I tried to cancel a measurement operation.

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2016, 07:28:23 am »

A quick update:  I was able to successfully profile with this combo.  I did have to reboot a couple of times more as the app hung when I tried to cancel a measurement operation.

Good. When it works and when you get over the idiosyncrasies (or should I say idiotsyncrasies) of that dreadfully designed GUI it does make fine profiles. I back-up and shut my computer routinely every night, so whatever gets cleaned-out, it is at least stable; this is on Mac OSX. 
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

Royce Howland

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2016, 10:38:48 pm »

Glad you got it working...
Pages: [1]   Go Up