Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom CC 2015.6 now available  (Read 27541 times)

pflower

Re: Lightroom CC 2015.6 now available
« Reply #80 on: July 04, 2016, 12:12:48 pm »

I have only just come across this thread.  I also am suffering from this and couldn't work out what was going on.

However I found the direct link to previous versions and tried to download 2015.5 - the download file was called setup.dmg.  Clicking on that didn't upgrade - I just got an error message saying the the upgrade had failed. 

Can someone give me detailed instructions as to how to install the previous version?

thanks

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #81 on: July 04, 2016, 03:42:34 pm »

Anyone tried to make a SlideShow in CC 2015.6? I have a mere 40 images. I ask LR to preview the slideshow. It's been half an hour now and It's all they way up to slide #9 (Preparing Sideshow dialog). This is insane! LR5 would do this in a few minutes.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Doyle Yoder

« Reply #82 on: July 04, 2016, 03:42:44 pm »

If you haven't seen this mentioned in other forums, and your using Canon iPF printer, selecting "Fast Graphic Process" will allow you to print correctly with the latest versions of LR. And with PS if your printing through the printer driver, but I would assume most people with Canon printer would be using the plugin.

Mac Mahon

« Reply #83 on: July 04, 2016, 06:31:22 pm »

However I found the direct link to previous versions and tried to download 2015.5 - the download file was called setup.dmg.  Clicking on that didn't upgrade - I just got an error message saying the the upgrade had failed. 

Can someone give me detailed instructions as to how to install the previous version?

The setup.dmg updates CC2015 to 2015.5.1. 

You need to throw away 2015.6 first.
Download and install CC2015
Then run the setup.dmg app.

I used this link.

Cheers

Tim

DaveRichardson

« Reply #84 on: July 04, 2016, 06:51:22 pm »

Anyone tried to make a SlideShow in CC 2015.6? I have a mere 40 images. I ask LR to preview the slideshow. It's been half an hour now and It's all they way up to slide #9 (Preparing Sideshow dialog). This is insane! LR5 would do this in a few minutes.

Just tried this Andrew on two collections - the first a collection of 88 PSDs  ; the second a mix of 362 RAW and TIFFs ; both took less than 2 seconds to prepare preview and start showing the slides. This is on a Windows 10 PC with 64GB RAM

Dave

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #85 on: July 04, 2016, 08:05:11 pm »

OK, I think it's a bug and it goes real, real slow if and only if the setting for the slideshow is set to Zoom to fill Frame check box. I actually don't want that on thankfully.

pflower

« Reply #86 on: July 05, 2016, 04:53:36 am »

I had all kinds of problems including this one with the Slideshow with CC 2015.5 on an iMac.  After about an hour with an Adobe support guy, it turned out to be a problem with permissions - some had been turned to read only instead of read and write.  I can't remember now which had to be re-set but somewhere out there on the internet I remember reading a piece which identified the specific folders that needed to be changed but I can't locate it at the moment.  I would suggest that you have a look at the disk permissions that are likely to affect LR.

DaveRichardson

« Reply #87 on: July 05, 2016, 05:20:15 am »

OK, I think it's a bug and it goes real, real slow if and only if the setting for the slideshow is set to Zoom to fill Frame check box. I actually don't want that on thankfully.

Hi Andrew - I repeated the test on the same collections as before (the first 88 PSDs an the other 362 mixed RAW and TIFF) but with Zoom to Fill frame ticked. Still took less than 2 seconds to start showing the slides. As I said before this is on a Windows PC.

Dave

Rand47

« Reply #88 on: July 05, 2016, 12:22:19 pm »

Just tried this Andrew on two collections - the first a collection of 88 PSDs  ; the second a mix of 362 RAW and TIFFs ; both took less than 2 seconds to prepare preview and start showing the slides. This is on a Windows 10 PC with 64GB RAM

Dave

Same here, W10, 32 gigs, i7
I added music, put in background image, hit "play" and in about 3 seconds it started.

Rand
Rand Scott Adams

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #89 on: July 05, 2016, 01:19:16 pm »

Hi Andrew - I repeated the test on the same collections as before (the first 88 PSDs an the other 362 mixed RAW and TIFF) but with Zoom to Fill frame ticked. Still took less than 2 seconds to start showing the slides. As I said before this is on a Windows PC.
I'm running Mac OS so maybe that's it. Anyway, check box off, much better.

Box Brownie

• Engram Photography
« Reply #90 on: July 08, 2016, 11:51:24 am »

Though I have yet to update, this last update and the issue as noted above thankfully does not affect me as Windows 7 here....................fingers crossed there is not some other obscure 'bug' lurking for W7 users to discover!  ;)
A collection of mine here http://500px.c

adias

« Reply #91 on: July 08, 2016, 01:42:58 pm »

2015.6CC on OS X 10.11.5 and no issues in generating slideshows. I do not have face detection or address lookup running as those stop all in their tracks. Yesterday I clicked accidentally the Face Detection 'People' (O) icon and the face detection started and tool over the machine, until I realized what happened. It would be great if that People icon could be hidden (as others are).
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up