Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down

Author Topic: The H6D100c and H6D50c thread: The orange shutter button cameras!  (Read 60803 times)

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram

https://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2016/03/mythbusting-parfocal-photo-zooms/

Got it. I knew about parfocal. I meant some lenses refocus when you move them - that is sometimes called breathing too.

I always thought you test a lens for "parfocalness" by zooming in, setting focus THEN out THEN back in.

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

Miyata610

Miyata610,

Parfocal lens.

I was referring to focus breathing in primes, not parfocal which is a zoom phenomenon.

Miyata610

Got it. I knew about parfocal. I meant some lenses refocus when you move them - that is sometimes called breathing too.

I always thought you test a lens for "parfocalness" by zooming in, setting focus THEN out THEN back in.

Edmund

By breathing, I meant the change of image size (focal length) when a change of focus is required. This is the cinematographer's definition, generally.  Imagine a scene where you go from long focus to close whilst locked down.  With a breathing lens the whole image size changes. Not good.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 06:32:34 pm by Miyata610 »

Chris Livsey

IMHO i also think lenses for cinema are largely overpriced.

My link to lens rentals was in response to this post, I would not presume to teach the posters here about breathing, the OP didn't specify prime/zoom.

eronald

By breathing, I meant the change of image size (focal length) when a change of focus is required. This is the cinematographer's definition, generally.  Imagine a scene where you go from long focus to close whilst locked down.  With a breathing lens the whole image size changes. Not good.

Ah. Nikon 70-200 does this, I believe.

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

yashima

Re: The H6D100c and H6D50c thread: The orange shutter button cameras!
« Reply #185 on: May 19, 2016, 06:59:50 am »

Got my hands on an H6D100c. Love the new finish. The camera is seriously beautiful, and fit well to the hand (better than the XF).

eronald

« Reply #186 on: May 19, 2016, 09:28:32 am »

Got my hands on an H6D100c. Love the new finish. The camera is seriously beautiful, and fit well to the hand (better than the XF).

Were they quoting a delivery date?
What are the reports on actual 100 and 50 deliveries?

Edmund

calindustries

• http://www.craiglacourt.com
« Reply #187 on: May 19, 2016, 11:07:34 am »

As an H4x owner and having used H5x, what can I expect the build difference to be in H6?

eronald

« Reply #188 on: May 19, 2016, 12:18:49 pm »

As an H4x owner and having used H5x, what can I expect the build difference to be in H6?

I think the new large and slanted touchscreen is new. But I haven't compared to previous models.

Edmund

yashima

« Reply #189 on: May 19, 2016, 05:07:47 pm »

@calindustries: Unfortunately I'm not too familiar with Hasselblad myself, I'm a Contax 645 user. I have handled H3d in the past, and this looks and feels a lot more solid. The touchscreen is top class, more responsive than Phase. And because Hasselblad has processing engine built it, it renders the preview better than Phase in my opinion.

And Contax is said to be a good looking and well built camera, but the H6d is a class above.

@eronald: Delivery is end of June, as others have reported I believe

Theodoros

« Reply #190 on: May 19, 2016, 06:01:36 pm »

All H5, H6 & XF beat the Contax for built quality... but the Contax is the Contax! Suberbly built to the extend that one doesn't care for more and with ergonomics that one will miss if he will ever change it!   One can't improve on the "perfect" now... can he?  8) ...And then there is THE SOUND of it!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 07:04:48 pm by Theodoros »

yashima

« Reply #191 on: May 19, 2016, 07:03:15 pm »

I have been a Contax user for a long time, but pick up a H6d and you will know, you will want it. H6d's intuitive touch interface beat Contax ergonomics hand down.

Theodoros

« Reply #192 on: May 19, 2016, 07:11:33 pm »

I have been a Contax user for a long time, but pick up a H6d and you will know, you will want it. H6d's intuitive touch interface beat Contax ergonomics hand down.

All I want, is a 49x37mm 16x multishot Cmos back of 6μm pixel pitch (around 50mp) with good LV to fit in the back of my Contax (and my view camera) as to replace my CF-39MS (I will keep the Sinarback 54H along it for ever)... Otherwise I may as well stay with what I have... Nothing CAN (ever) beat Contax ergonomics... Is there an aperture ring? is there wheels for everything and no LCD nonsense? ...well, there you are... And then there is the SOUND! (like the camera "eating" the capture!).
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 07:21:14 pm by Theodoros »

eronald

« Reply #193 on: May 19, 2016, 09:33:35 pm »

The one thing I didn't like about the H6 is the rubbery on press-button. An on button should be a switch.

Edmund

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #194 on: May 19, 2016, 11:14:33 pm »

I have to agree here, I love the look of the new H6. This is one very sexy camera and the specs are great too.

Cheers,
Bernard

henrikfoto

« Reply #195 on: May 20, 2016, 02:57:14 am »

All I want, is a 49x37mm 16x multishot Cmos back of 6μm pixel pitch (around 50mp) with good LV to fit in the back of my Contax (and my view camera) as to replace my CF-39MS (I will keep the Sinarback 54H along it for ever)... Otherwise I may as well stay with what I have... Nothing CAN (ever) beat Contax ergonomics... Is there an aperture ring? is there wheels for everything and no LCD nonsense? ...well, there you are... And then there is the SOUND! (like the camera "eating" the capture!).

Hi Theodores!

I love the 54H too. In 16-shots mode it beats all new backs for non-moving subjects.
BUT, I have problems to find a stable software to work with a modern mac. What software do you
use, and does it work with no problems?
Sinars newest software does not supports this back :'(

Henrik

Theodoros

« Reply #196 on: May 20, 2016, 04:40:08 am »

Hi Theodores!

I love the 54H too. In 16-shots mode it beats all new backs for non-moving subjects.
BUT, I have problems to find a stable software to work with a modern mac. What software do you
use, and does it work with no problems?
Sinars newest software does not supports this back :'(

Henrik

Hi Henrik, I'm affraid you'll have to use Captureshop 6.1.2 with it, its not the most stable software around, but it is based on the core of mac design and thus should work with any future update that Mac may come up with... Captureshop may not be the most stable software, but it is very capable once one familiarizes with it and it is certainly very accurate  for what it counts which of course is color accuracy and accuracy/simplicity of calibration and it does support the use of Sinar's LC shutter which adds considerably on 54H LV abilities.

Sinar's latest Captureflow software doesn't work with 54H because there aren't any CPU contacts on the back... Captureflow works with all Sinarbacks that have CPU contacts so that it can then communicate (and possibly compensate) for lens corrections and other parameters of the communication interface involved. However, all modern Sinarbacks with CPU contacts, do work on Captureshop 6.1.2 too and I do know people that use Captureflow for their single shot captures but prefer Captureshop for their multishot captures...

henrikfoto

« Reply #197 on: May 20, 2016, 08:37:53 am »

Hi Henrik, I'm affraid you'll have to use Captureshop 6.1.2 with it, its not the most stable software around, but it is based on the core of mac design and thus should work with any future update that Mac may come up with... Captureshop may not be the most stable software, but it is very capable once one familiarizes with it and it is certainly very accurate  for what it counts which of course is color accuracy and accuracy/simplicity of calibration and it does support the use of Sinar's LC shutter which adds considerably on 54H LV abilities.

Sinar's latest Captureflow software doesn't work with 54H because there aren't any CPU contacts on the back... Captureflow works with all Sinarbacks that have CPU contacts so that it can then communicate (and possibly compensate) for lens corrections and other parameters of the communication interface involved. However, all modern Sinarbacks with CPU contacts, do work on Captureshop 6.1.2 too and I do know people that use Captureflow for their single shot captures but prefer Captureshop for their multishot captures...

Thank you, Theodores! Very helpful.I think I will blow the dust of my 54H and start using it again.
When I look at these old files, I see something amazing!

Henrik

drevil

« Reply #198 on: May 20, 2016, 08:51:14 am »

for the people looking into h6d, i think it was on sonyalpharumors....saying that people should wait till photokina, whatever that means  ;)

maybe they can save even more money

Theodoros

« Reply #199 on: May 20, 2016, 09:05:05 am »

I think that discussions other than the "Michael" one can wait for a next day... It's best for Lula if today all comments are for paying respects to the creator of this (very contributing to the world of photography) web page...
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up