Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Urgent: Licensing Advice for Images utilized in Online Marketing Campaigns  (Read 3194 times)

maddogmurph

• Maddog's Photography

I've been asked to provide a quote to utilize an image for a digital sales campaign. I've been contacted by a producer working on behalf of their client.  She's asked for a quote utilizing digital rights for (2) years, both exclusive and rights managed.  She's told me her budget it roughly $500 and I'm honestly highly interested in doing the deal because of the client and exposure I'd get.  She's hopeful to get something like 1-2 million impressions, but no limit.

However, I feel her price is quite low.  I'm considering quoting $1,000 for (2) years, and $840 for (1) year with a 15% new business discount. Is this reasonable? Am I undercutting myself?  I'm assuming this is not for exclusive rights, what should my markup on an exclusive be for them?

Anyone with experience in such matters please let me know thoughts.  Also I'm interested in locating a better contract than the one I've got.  Any suggestions on a contract generator that doesn't cost much if anything?

-Maddog
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 05:47:53 pm by maddogmurph »
Maddog Murph
www.depictionsofbeauty.com
Mostly here for constructive feedback.

David Eichler

• San Francisco Architectural and Interior Photographer
Re: Urgent: Licensing Advice for Images utilized in Online Marketing Campaigns
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2016, 02:24:41 pm »

Also re. exclusive use, will they need it for  Internet only or for all media? Should consider that in how you price it.

maddogmurph

• Maddog's Photography
Re: Urgent: Licensing Advice for Images utilized in Online Marketing Campaigns
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 03:26:54 pm »

Also re. exclusive use, will they need it for  Internet only or for all media? Should consider that in how you price it.

She had said electronic media only. I quoted her like $700 for a year and $850 for two. We'll see what she says. I gave her the exclusive other than utilizing it myself for print jobs. I thought it was fair, and her price was simply too low for (2) years. But it's not a particularly difficult subject to get more photographs of, however I do think my photograph is unique and worth a premium.  I'm surprised they didn't land on "wish" but I guess that emphasizes the sky more than the mountain & lake that they want to highlight.
Maddog Murph

maddogmurph

• Maddog's Photography

Well they took it, now I'm searching for a template licensing agreement.  Good problems to have I suppose. Anybody know of any resources for these or a wizard?
Maddog Murph

MattBurt

• Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography

Congratulations! Give us a link when they use it!
-MattB

Ellis Vener

• http://www.ellisvener.com

Well they took it, now I'm searching for a template licensing agreement.  Good problems to have I suppose. Anybody know of any resources for these or a wizard?

Over the past several years I had been quite happily  using another estimating/invoicing/ rights and usage tracking/client tracking  software package -Blinkbid -  but recent changes to it are forcing me to move away from it, which is why I have been looking at alternatives. From my research, right now Cradoc Bagshaw's FotoBiz X looks to be the best alternative. There is a 12 minute video overview at http://youtu.be/5j3ZPQbN-O8
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 11:12:46 am by Ellis Vener »
Pages: [1]   Go Up