Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: PrinTao 8  (Read 21913 times)

vjbelle

Re: PrinTao 8
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2016, 01:00:17 pm »

Mark..... You may or may not have thought of this but providing 'Blank Space' in the image itself would also drastically (at least in my case) increase the printing time.  This is, of course, all moot since I believe a fix is in the making. 

Victor

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2016, 01:19:38 pm »

Mark..... You may or may not have thought of this but providing 'Blank Space' in the image itself would also drastically (at least in my case) increase the printing time.  This is, of course, all moot since I believe a fix is in the making. 

Victor

Victor, with my printers, blank space does nothing to printing time. The printer simply advances the paper to the point where it needs to begin laying down ink. Anyhow, as you say, "moot" - let us hope.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2016, 01:20:25 pm »

Does that mean that "nesting" as available in ImagePrint doesn't work in Printao 8?

What do you mean by "nesting"? (I am not an ImagePrint user.)

prairiewing

• Pat Gerlach, Photographer
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2016, 01:31:15 pm »

That may not even be the correct term but let's say you start out with a 16x20 paper size, roll or sheet.  You can drag and drop as many photos as will fit on the sheet, arrange or rearrange them according to your liking, allowing as much or as little space between them as you desire. 

When making, say a 30 inch print on a 44 inch printer you can fill in the unused areas with smaller prints.
Pat Gerlach
   Pat Gerlach, Photographer

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2016, 01:32:50 pm »

That may not even be the correct term but let's say you start out with a 16x20 paper size, roll or sheet.  You can drag and drop as many photos as will fit on the sheet, arrange or rearrange them according to your liking, allowing as much or as little space between them as you desire. 

When making, say a 30 inch print on a 44 inch printer you can fill in the unused areas with smaller prints.

Yes, if you read my review you will see that PrinTao has layout templates that will do all this automatically.

vjbelle

« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2016, 02:24:24 pm »

Mark..... I assumed that the printer would 'See' the blank space as something to print without actually using any ink.  PrinTao sent me another email with workarounds that require unnecessary extra steps and maybe not the outcome I need..... a fix should be on the way.  As I've said before the software has great potential. 

Victor

prairiewing

• Pat Gerlach, Photographer
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2016, 03:25:07 pm »

Yes, if you read my review you will see that PrinTao has layout templates that will do all this automatically.

Thanks Mark, I saw that but couldn't figure out if that's the same thing.  Does a template mean that you have to pre-select certain sizes? 

With nesting you can drag and drop any combination of sizes and rearrange them until the blank space is filled to your liking.  I'll go to their website to see if I can figure it out.  Thanks for your informative review.
Pat Gerlach
   Pat Gerlach, Photographer

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2016, 03:37:36 pm »

You are welcome.

On their website I believe you can download the user manual and other documentation that would explain how to work the features in more detail than appropriate for a review.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up