Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Back to the print  (Read 13457 times)

iCanvas

Re: Back to the print
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2015, 06:37:11 pm »

Yes, Kevin, canvas can be run through the Canon pro 1000. Since you have a Epson rep in Dano working on this project, perhaps you can ask him if he can supply some Epson Canvas Exhibition matte for comparison between the two printers. Thanks,
Gar

iCanvas

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2016, 01:43:26 pm »

What happened to the Epson P800 and Canon Pro 1000 comparison? Any time soon?

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2016, 01:03:26 am »

What happened to the Epson P800 and Canon Pro 1000 comparison? Any time soon?

As far as I know, there was NOT never be a head to head comparison...there was only gonna be a Canon Pro 1000 review (you can then draw  your own conclusion with the P800).

iCanvas

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2016, 09:35:49 am »

Well, there was a video showing both printers in the same office and all of you looking at prints from both printers. This lead me to believe that there was a head to head comparison. If not, how soon for the canon review?

Gar

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2016, 09:49:12 am »

Our Canon review has been slowed down a bit due to a major illness of the author working on the review.  We'll do our best to get in completed as soon as possible. 
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Zorki5

• AOLib
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2016, 11:28:10 am »

Our Canon review has been slowed down a bit due to a major illness of the author working on the review.

I think I know what you're talking about, and I'm terribly sorry to hear that...

amolitor

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2016, 12:22:13 pm »

Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery to the author.

mbaginy

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2016, 12:27:02 pm »

Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery to the author.
I'd like to join Andrew in expressing my best wishes and hopes for a speedy recovery.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 01:02:06 am by Mike D. B. »

braga

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2016, 05:45:22 pm »

I'm waiting for this tutorial since December. is the only reason I come every day on luminous website, hope you guys finish soon.

Robert-Peter Westphal

• Nature-Photography Westphal
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2016, 06:03:07 am »

Hello,

in the hope that the author is back to a good health, I would like to know, if there are any news concerning this review on the Canon printer ( and the other one, for sure ).

Best wishes

Robert
'visit my completly renewed gallery at http://www.naturfotografie-westphal.com '

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2016, 06:46:27 am »

Our author is back home and has been working on the review.  I'd expect to see it early March.  We are both very impressed by the printer.  The review will be very detailed and you then can do a look at the previous P800 review and get a good comparison.  I have made images with both and you would be hard pressed to tell any difference.  Please wait just a bit longer.  We are sorry for the delay in this but my friend was real sick.  I am running a workshop in Iceland for the next 2 weeks and articles are in the system.  March and April will have a ton of interesting things for our readers.  That's the update on this review for now.
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2016, 06:16:47 pm »

Thank you all for your good wishes. My recovery is progressing.

The review is nearing completion, and as Kevin says above, we hope to publish within the first half of March.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2016, 07:34:18 pm »

I'm not sure canvas can be run through the Canon printer.  Most canvas I have ever used is on a roll.  I have Epson Canvas plus a roll feeder so we will report on Canvas on the P800.  As far as the Canon goes, we'll have to investigate.  As far as most types of printing goes the prints look good from both printers.  You'd  be pressed to tell a difference.  Mark Segal will be doing some deep readings and measurements and we'll see what his results are.

The Pro 1000 supports both Canvas (in "Canonese": "fabric that has the look of canvas"), registered on the printer as "Canvas", as well as Japanese Paper Washi. I shall not be covering either of these media in the review as I have no experience working with them in any printer.

I'll be amplifying considerably on what Kevin says here (and I largely agree) about how the prints look from various printers and papers. It's been a fascinating trip through the status of contemporary inkjet printing - one learns certain things of comparative value with data and measurements, but perhaps more importantly, just looking at the photographs. You'll see both perspectives represented in the review. I'll leave it that for now, here.

tsjanik

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2016, 09:18:29 pm »

Best wishes Mark and thank you for the information you supply.

Tom

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2016, 08:09:07 am »

Much appreciated Tom. Thanks.

Mark

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2016, 08:22:05 am »

As far as I know, there was NOT never be a head to head comparison...there was only gonna be a Canon Pro 1000 review (you can then draw  your own conclusion with the P800).

That was talked about but (my) thinking has evolved. As an author you would appreciate how, when one gets into stuff, ideas about what's pertinent and useful to the readers can evolve. While I don't intend to prolong a "sneak-preview" discussion of the forthcoming review, let me just say that it does include comparisons that I think will respond to what is of greatest interest to our readers in a user-friendly way, as well as constructively demonstrate some key points about where we stand today with contemporary inkjet printing technology as exemplified by these two new entrants to the market and one venerable, well-established one. The 17-inch carriage niche is a very important one and the fact that it has become more competitive is in our best interest as consumers of these products. What makes it more interesting - and fun - is that there is no clear-cut, hands-down "winner". People contemplating a purchase will need to think carefully about the various differing attributes of each of these printers and decide for themselves which features and performance factors constitute the determinative variables in respect to their own preferences and requirements. That is a matter I do not get into, but I do provide the food for thought. Let me just conclude by saying they all make excellent prints - but there will be more to the story than that.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up