Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bug reports for Capture One Pro 9  (Read 12317 times)

James R

Re: Bug reports for Capture One Pro 9
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2015, 04:49:23 pm »

I'm still waiting for a response to my support ticket regarding Capture One 9 crashing every time I try to import a Lr catalog.  C1 starts the import process and quits after 905 images.  This process results in around 200 images being imported.  More images get added when I repeat the process.  After about 10 attempts (I was laid up this weekend) I ended up with 1600 images in the C1 catalog--40K more to go...

Need to modify my statement.  Tech Support responded to my second support ticket (crashing when importing images into a new catalog) by closing it and rolling the issue into my previous ticket, which they said is taking longer than normal due to its complexity.  That ticket was submitted last Wednesday.  Hope they come up with an easy fix.

The View

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2015, 03:05:57 pm »

2.  Not gone!  Anything on the toolbar is simply a shortcut to a menu item.  So Menu item Adjustments>Reset.  or CMD-R

How do I get it back on the toolbar? If I'm adjusting I want to do the reset with the stylus, not with the keyboard.

Also, the brush/tool tip selector has gone. I'm on the tool tip of the color editor and cannot change it.

Also: double-clicking into the image to zoom in no longer works.
The View of deserts, forests, mountains. Not the TV show that I have never watched.

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2015, 04:59:47 pm »

How do I get it back on the toolbar? If I'm adjusting I want to do the reset with the stylus, not with the keyboard.

Also, the brush/tool tip selector has gone. I'm on the tool tip of the color editor and cannot change it.

Also: double-clicking into the image to zoom in no longer works.

See your other thread.  I really think you should visit a Phase One partner for some basic training.

Double clicking to zoom only works with the pan cursor tool.
David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

James R

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2015, 05:32:30 pm »

This is an odd thing that might or might not be a bug.  I was adding a vignette to an image and noticed an odd change to parts of the image.  This oddity is best described as random increases to highlights.  What I discovered is this happens only when there is a degree of clarity and structure add to the image.  It didn't appear when only clarity was added.  You only see it while using the slider.  It disappears once you let go of the slider.

Actually, it is a good way to see exactly where the structure is being added.  Something I never really wanted to know, but, it is a minor bug with a potential use.  Of course, I hope it is in the program and not another issue with my copy. 

This seems to have been fixed in the 9.01 upgrade.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 11:16:18 pm by James R »

Druid

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2015, 09:48:41 am »

Might be related to the xmp bug mentioned above. My ticket for this is 208024

I experimentally exported some Fuji raw files (.raf) from Apple's Photos app using the 'Export Unmodified Original' option.

Result was a folder containing a jpg, raf and xmp file for each RAW+JPG in Photos.

Capture One would import the jpg but gave 'unrecognised error' and didn't import the .raf

Other raw software like Silkypix and Rawtherapee worked fine.

Capture One would import the jpg and raf from the folder if I removed the xmp files.

Support advised me to fiddle with the import .xmp preferences, which were defaulted to 'none' but I had same situation with all settings.

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2015, 04:05:31 pm »

Found a new one yesterday.

Working in a session I was unable to convert a Mamya ZD raw file to Black & White.

Only a mild desaturation seems to be applied instead of the expected result.

Cheers,
Bernard

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2015, 04:45:13 pm »

Found another issue last night with B&W mode last night. Crushed blacks in output file although smooth tones can be seen on screen, as is there was a color space issue.

Cheers,
Bernard

Neilgcart

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2015, 04:27:11 pm »

I don't know that anything will get fixed faster listed on this forum as opposed to being filed as a support request, but here's what I know.

These support tickets haven't been closed, have had a response, and have no alternatives suggested. They haven't been formally called bugs, but the support agent has suggested as much.

When I import a single image from a folder that is part of a Lightroom library, a great number of keywords are added to the root of the CO Keyword Library that are not assigned to the imported image. It doesn't seem like that's the proper behavior.

Editing Print Templates is Too Dark The list of available user print templates is too dark to see any except the highlighted one. There is actually one below the highlighted template. Once you begin to edit the text, it becomes too dark to see. Two screenshots are attached.

Image rates don't stick in CO9. If I rate an image with 4 stars, for example, and then switch to another album, when I return that image has only 1 star.

If anyone else has a work around, I'd appreciate knowing it. If you have the same problem, and have not entered a support request, perhaps you would to reinforce it with Phase One.

I have just raised a ticket for my keyword issue to reinforce that there appears to be an issue here.  In my case it is slightly different in that I use hierarchical keywords and if added in Lightroom or Imatch 5 then imported into C1 Pro 9 the hierarchical keywords and flattened versions of these keywords appear in the catalogue and attached to the image.  This means that in addition to many unwanted keywords appearing in C1 they are also exported on processing and then get added to my DAM softwares catalogue.

Jimmy D Uptain

« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2015, 07:52:46 pm »

Found another issue last night with B&W mode last night. Crushed blacks in output file although smooth tones can be seen on screen, as is there was a color space issue.

Cheers,
Bernard

I noticed the B&W didn't look right once exported. I couldn't put my finger on it. Glad I'm not the only one that noticed.
Its quite sad as this version seems to do a better job with B&W conversions.

E.J. Peiker

• http://www.ejphoto.com
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2015, 09:39:48 am »

Here's one I keep running into in 9 that was fine in 8:

When drawing an automask using 100% opacity in the brush setting and then filling the mask, the fill is not at 100%.  If I turn off automask and draw the mask and then do the fill, it is at 100%.  (Win 7.1 Pro, C1P 9.0.1)

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2015, 10:16:00 am »

Here's one I keep running into in 9 that was fine in 8:

When drawing an automask using 100% opacity in the brush setting and then filling the mask, the fill is not at 100%.  If I turn off automask and draw the mask and then do the fill, it is at 100%.  (Win 7.1 Pro, C1P 9.0.1)

Interesting, had not tried that myself (I usually do not use 100% opacity and also do not use a hard brush but one that fades). Does filling multiple times make a difference, and the hardness of the brush edge?

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

E.J. Peiker

« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2015, 03:43:11 pm »

Interesting, had not tried that myself (I usually do not use 100% opacity and also do not use a hard brush but one that fades). Does filling multiple times make a difference, and the hardness of the brush edge?

Cheers,
Bart
Yes you can go back in and fill it manually to 100% but not by using the Fill Mask command. I'm sure that's not how it's supposed to work and it only does it with the brush set to auto-mask and the you fill.  If you turn automask off and draw the outline of your mask and then fill it it fills at 100%.  Clearly a bug!

Bob Rockefeller

• macOS, iOS, OM Systems, Epson P800
    • Bob Rockefeller
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2015, 03:56:09 pm »

Yes you can go back in and fill it manually to 100% but not by using the Fill Mask command. I'm sure that's not how it's supposed to work and it only does it with the brush set to auto-mask and the you fill.  If you turn automask off and draw the outline of your mask and then fill it it fills at 100%.  Clearly a bug!

Filed with their support team?
Bob Rockefeller
Midway, GA   www.bobrockefeller.com

sjprg

« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2016, 12:42:13 am »

I have tried C1 all the way from version 6 which I purchased and have complained to tech support with every version about their poor database. While C1 is a better image processor their database is no where near the quality of LR. I have all of my images copied into a file structure of - yearmaster-year-month-day-subject that the LR database imports as written, but the C1 database will only import the year-month-day-subject  and not importing my top level yearmaster leaving me having to search down a long string of years to get to my later files. Writing a proper database is not that hard. (I know, I used to write DOD databases). They don't seem to want to fix it so I have quit using C1 until such time that it is fixed or they just give you the option of not using a database as does DXO.
Paul

pegelli

• http://pegelli.smugmug.com/
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2016, 05:35:08 am »

I have all of my images copied into a file structure of - yearmaster-year-month-day-subject that the LR database imports as written, but the C1 database will only import the year-month-day-subject  and not importing my top level yearmaster leaving me having to search down a long string of years to get to my later files. Writing a proper database is not that hard. (I know, I used to write DOD databases). They don't seem to want to fix it so I have quit using C1 until such time that it is fixed or they just give you the option of not using a database as does DXO.
Right click on the hard drive letter at the top and then click "show folders hierarchy" and then your full tree shows up there. It's not a bug or missing feature.
pieter, aka pegelli

sjprg

« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2016, 09:01:56 am »

I just installed C1-9 trial and I do not find a support for graphics cards and 4K. Is  it there and I'm just missing it?
Paul

Bob Rockefeller

• macOS, iOS, OM Systems, Epson P800
    • Bob Rockefeller
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2016, 09:12:21 am »

I just installed C1-9 trial and I do not find a support for graphics cards and 4K. Is  it there and I'm just missing it?

This is current as of October, so may not include CO9, but is your hardware listed:

https://www.phaseone.com/en/Search/Article.aspx?articleid=1720
Bob Rockefeller
Midway, GA   www.bobrockefeller.com

sjprg

« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2016, 09:17:51 am »

Thank you Pegelli That fixed the file structure I have asked T.S. about several times and I have never found in the help. Much appericated.
Paul

sjprg

« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2016, 12:38:15 pm »

Thank you Bob; I completely overlooked that entry as it appeared to be related to the import line just above it. I assume it is working as it did not produce an error message.
Paul

E.J. Peiker

« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2016, 08:53:29 am »

9.0.2 seems to have fixed the automask 100% fill issue I mentioned earlier.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up