Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Bug reports for Capture One Pro 9  (Read 12314 times)

The View

Bug reports for Capture One Pro 9
« on: December 13, 2015, 04:56:03 pm »

I suggest we collect found bugs in Capture One Pro 9 here so they get fixed faster.

1. I'm starting with the tool that measures the rgb and gray values in the picture. I just had it on a very bright piece of wall, close to white, and it reported 35 in brightness.

I had to click a couple of times - and then it jumped to 235.

2. Not exactly a bug, but where has the arrow gone where you could reset the whole image and remove all adjustments? Gone. I currently create an empty variant and delete the adjusted one.

But we need that arrow back.
The View of deserts, forests, mountains. Not the TV show that I have never watched.

Bob Rockefeller

• macOS, iOS, OM Systems, Epson P800
    • Bob Rockefeller
Re: Bug reports for Capture One Pro 9
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 05:48:11 pm »

I don't know that anything will get fixed faster listed on this forum as opposed to being filed as a support request, but here's what I know.

These support tickets haven't been closed, have had a response, and have no alternatives suggested. They haven't been formally called bugs, but the support agent has suggested as much.

When I import a single image from a folder that is part of a Lightroom library, a great number of keywords are added to the root of the CO Keyword Library that are not assigned to the imported image. It doesn't seem like that's the proper behavior.

Editing Print Templates is Too Dark The list of available user print templates is too dark to see any except the highlighted one. There is actually one below the highlighted template. Once you begin to edit the text, it becomes too dark to see. Two screenshots are attached.

Image rates don't stick in CO9. If I rate an image with 4 stars, for example, and then switch to another album, when I return that image has only 1 star.

If anyone else has a work around, I'd appreciate knowing it. If you have the same problem, and have not entered a support request, perhaps you would to reinforce it with Phase One.
Bob Rockefeller
Midway, GA   www.bobrockefeller.com

qhjqewhorqihorqhio

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 07:42:40 pm »

When you go to full screen mode on OSX the browser, tools and toolbars are hidden. Maybe that's intentional but it makes no sense.

hokuahi

• Artist, Photographer
    • Exhibition
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2015, 08:20:37 pm »

The " Customize Toolbar" drop-down menu is stuck on 'Icon' only. Changing it to either 'Text and Icon' or 'Text Only' doesn’t work.

Importing my LR catalog of some 39,000 images will take more than three days. On a Late 2013 Mac Pro with 64 GB of RAM that seems like an awfully long time, certainly more than I'm willing to allow.

And while not necessarily a bug, requiring the buyer to be locked into either purchasing a license or a subscription without the option to switch at some point is too restrictive.

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2015, 11:54:00 pm »

I am unable to move the window of C1 Pro after my Mac Pro 2013 awakes from sleep (2 screens set up under Yosemite).

Cheers,
Bernard

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2015, 11:54:10 pm »

This maybe considered a bug, or an oversite...
If you use the OS star rating system LR recognizes this and imports it. If I mark something in LR, the OS recognizes it. In C1, if I mark a star rating, the OS nor LR see anything.

Maybe this is a glitch to correct. If I mark it in C1, I expect it to be marked for LR or OS to see.
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2015, 01:49:51 am »

This maybe considered a bug, or an oversite...
If you use the OS star rating system LR recognizes this and imports it. If I mark something in LR, the OS recognizes it. In C1, if I mark a star rating, the OS nor LR see anything.

Maybe this is a glitch to correct. If I mark it in C1, I expect it to be marked for LR or OS to see.

This is possible, you just need to configure C1 to generate the XMP files, as it is the way that the OS and other applications such as LR, FastRawViewer, etc can see the ratings.

LR works the same way, unless you work with DNG or generate the XMP files, you will not be able to see the ratings outside of LR.

When you rate through the OS, it most likely generates a XMP sidecar file.

In C1, go to Edit -> Preferences, select the image tab and in the bottom right select "Auto Sync sidecar XMP" -> Full Sync. Now every time you change the rating of an image it gets updated in the XMP and will be accesible by any other application. If you change the rating in an external application, it will show in C1.

Bob Rockefeller

• Bob Rockefeller
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2015, 06:34:26 am »

And the XMP thing is the ticket 205775 above. There seems to be a problem with auto-syncing XMP data.
Bob Rockefeller

jed best

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2015, 08:50:01 am »

With regard to losing labels, etc. I found that if you turn off full xmp sync the labels stayed. I had filed a support claim and Phase ackowledged that they were aware of this issue.

orc73

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2015, 09:54:11 am »

It does not recognize the canon 24-70 f2.8 II L lense in the lense profiles, and I can also not choose one manualy. Did I miss something? CaptureOne 8 had it.

NilsWille

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2015, 10:06:44 am »

I can't move a point on the Curve with my Wacom Intuos Pro pen. I can only create a point, but I can't move it. I did the mouse to move them after creation. Also, I can't use the Level tool with the Wacom Intuos Pro.

I'm on Windows 10 and thought that was the issue back with Capture One Pro 8, but the issue persist with C1 9 on Windows 10.

How do I check whether this issue is already reported BTW?  :)

Bob Rockefeller

• Bob Rockefeller
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2015, 10:17:28 am »

I would suggest entering a support request, regardless. If they know, your "vote" amplifies the need. If they don't know, they need to.
Bob Rockefeller

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2015, 10:36:39 am »

Hi Nils,

I do not think there is another list of known issues, other than the one that Phase One publishes with their release notes. The issues that others may have, are not necessarily the same as the ones you may experience, due to different hardware (memory/GPU) / software (virus scanner, drivers, bad behaving utilities) / etc. / etc.

Also, to make sure that they can prioritize the more frequent issues, you should really open a support ticket.

The only positive thing that this thread can bring, is in filtering out user error and sharing of tips/workarounds.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

NilsWille

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2015, 10:43:36 am »

Thanks Bob and Bart... I will create a support ticket then.  :)

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2015, 11:02:53 am »

I suggest we collect found bugs in Capture One Pro 9 here so they get fixed faster.

1. I'm starting with the tool that measures the rgb and gray values in the picture. I just had it on a very bright piece of wall, close to white, and it reported 35 in brightness.

I had to click a couple of times - and then it jumped to 235.

2. Not exactly a bug, but where has the arrow gone where you could reset the whole image and remove all adjustments? Gone. I currently create an empty variant and delete the adjusted one.

But we need that arrow back.

2.  Not gone!  Anything on the toolbar is simply a shortcut to a menu item.  So Menu item Adjustments>Reset.  or CMD-R

David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2015, 11:04:28 am »

Hi Nils,

I do not think there is another list of known issues, other than the one that Phase One publishes with their release notes. The issues that others may have, are not necessarily the same as the ones you may experience, due to different hardware (memory/GPU) / software (virus scanner, drivers, bad behaving utilities) / etc. / etc.

Also, to make sure that they can prioritize the more frequent issues, you should really open a support ticket.

The only positive thing that this thread can bring, is in filtering out user error and sharing of tips/workarounds.

Cheers,
Bart

Bart speaks perfect sense here.  Creating a 'list' on LL doesn't get to Phase One support.

If you have an issue report it!!!   Its the fastest way to resolution.

By all means share experiences on forums, but the first port of call should be with Phase One support.
David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

Dinarius

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2015, 12:12:30 pm »

I've already started a thread about this, but for completeness sake....

Readings taken with the eyedropper tool in the Advanced Color Editor are totally different from the RGB readings at the top of the screen above the image area.

I'm Windows 10 Pro x64, for what it's worth.

D.

Ps. I've been through Support about this in the past with Windows 8 and C1 8. The issue existed then too. It's worse now.

James R

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2015, 01:19:40 pm »

I'm still waiting for a response to my support ticket regarding Capture One 9 crashing every time I try to import a Lr catalog.  C1 starts the import process and quits after 905 images.  This process results in around 200 images being imported.  More images get added when I repeat the process.  After about 10 attempts (I was laid up this weekend) I ended up with 1600 images in the C1 catalog--40K more to go...

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2015, 01:43:17 pm »

I'm still waiting for a response to my support ticket regarding Capture One 9 crashing every time I try to import a Lr catalog.  C1 starts the import process and quits after 905 images.  This process results in around 200 images being imported.  More images get added when I repeat the process.  After about 10 attempts (I was laid up this weekend) I ended up with 1600 images in the C1 catalog--40K more to go...

If you've been waiting more than 24 hours make sure to log on to your phaseone.com account and check the case directly; spam filter may have eaten your email notification of the case being updated.

All Phase One cases are replied to within 24 hours. The vast majority are replied to within a few hours.

Catalog migrations can be especially hit-or-miss. Most users' catalogs will be seamless one click processes. Occasionally there is some oddity, corruption (that doesn't effect LR reading the catalog but does cause problems when directly migrating), or other quirk (e.g. a software bug). Stick with the support case; they'll help you.

If you purchased Capture One from a Phase One dealer you can also use their support resources (which include phone/site-visits etc). We (DT) have four full time support staff for just this reason.

James R

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2015, 02:02:58 pm »

If you've been waiting more than 24 hours make sure to log on to your phaseone.com account and check the case directly; spam filter may have eaten your email notification of the case being updated.

All Phase One cases are replied to within 24 hours. The vast majority are replied to within a few hours.

Catalog migrations can be especially hit-or-miss. Most users' catalogs will be seamless one click processes. Occasionally there is some oddity, corruption (that doesn't effect LR reading the catalog but does cause problems when directly migrating), or other quirk (e.g. a software bug). Stick with the support case; they'll help you.

If you purchased Capture One from a Phase One dealer you can also use their support resources (which include phone/site-visits etc). We (DT) have four full time support staff for just this reason.

Thanks for the response.  I check the case today but still nothing.  I'm thinking the program may have been corrupted during its download.  I probably should just delete it and download again. 
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up