Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's the best way to spilt a single C1 catalog?  (Read 1192 times)

Alun

What's the best way to spilt a single C1 catalog?
« on: September 17, 2015, 05:50:39 am »

I have been using C1 in anger for the past couple of years and have migrated all my previous photos from 2004 into a single C1 catalog. This has now reached 10Gb in size and takes close to 60 seconds to load on a one year old Mac. I would also like to simplify/speed up my cloud backup so smaller catalog files would help with this.

I would like to split my master catalog down into years ("2004", "2005", etc), what is the best workflow to ensure that any changes I've made in C1 to RAW files are migrated over to the new, smaller catalogs?

Many thanks in advance
Alun

PS. I see from the survey that 50% of C1 users on here are using this single catalog approach

Alun

Re: What's the best way to spilt a single C1 catalog?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 05:22:44 am »

Anyone? Please?!

HCS

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 02:51:41 pm »

I don't use CO catalogs, so perhaps someone else will chime in, but i would duplicate the catalog, rename it and remove all files you don't want in there. Then open the original and remove the files that you actually want in the new catalog.

Hans Cremers

dvb

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 04:42:32 pm »

So sorry you can't get an answer to your very basic question.   

I wish I could help, but I have the same question.

I am also new to Capture One.  Despite having watched several video tutorials, I still find it the most user-unfriendly program I've ever encountered.

Simply trying to import and organize photos is a nightmare, although this is billed as a strength.

Please, please Capture One - stop trying to dazzle us with the flexibility.  Give new-comers a template to get started, and then let us expand from there.

Access to written scripts would also be helpful, as a back up to the videos, which are often delivered too fast.

And ARE YOU SERIOUS???  I have to answer all these frigging questions below just to post a reply?   Is this a Monty Python out-take, or what?  (Just in case, my shoe size is 11).  >:(

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2015, 06:54:44 am »

I have been using C1 in anger for the past couple of years and have migrated all my previous photos from 2004 into a single C1 catalog. This has now reached 10Gb in size and takes close to 60 seconds to load on a one year old Mac. I would also like to simplify/speed up my cloud backup so smaller catalog files would help with this.

I would like to split my master catalog down into years ("2004", "2005", etc), what is the best workflow to ensure that any changes I've made in C1 to RAW files are migrated over to the new, smaller catalogs?

Many thanks in advance
Alun

PS. I see from the survey that 50% of C1 users on here are using this single catalog approach

Hi Alu,

Sorry missed this!

Filter by year... i.e 2014.  Put those images into an Album.  Right click on the album and choose, Export as Catalog.

IMPORTANT!  The next dialog will ask if you want to include images.  I am guessing you don't want to do that, so don't check the box.

A new Catalog will be made just with those images.  The images themsleves will be referenced at their current location.

David
David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

Alun

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2015, 03:32:35 pm »

Thanks David and others for your help and suggestions. That worked a treat
Pages: [1]   Go Up