Man does Leica draw out the emotion.
Lover's, haters, comparers, complainers, fan boys and dagger throwers. Everyone is sure that their view is correct,whether they actually use a leica or not.
I love my leicas, wish they made movie cameras, wish I could justify using everything Leica from PL's to another another 2 S bodies.
Only four cameras companies in my career produce any emotional attachment to me and that's Leica, contax, olympus and RED.
I think the commonality of those four brands are build design/quality and uniqueness.
Other brands I mostly own, but they're tools, efficient, but tools non the less.
For me if I feel good about about all the elements of image making I shoot better, but don't need to trash one brand to prove my choice was correct.
I'm not that insecure.
Lately I read a lot of blowback from people that c__p on the idea that there is no difference in the look of ccd compared to cmos.
For my work I disagree, for my work I see a difference, a lot of leica buyers must feel the same, because the sales reflect it, though I don't need the validation of others.
I don't take photographs, I construct them and for me photography is not a science project.
Yesterday we shot 16 setups, finished about 10pm lat night. 15 sessions were with the S2 and a RED 1, 1 quick pick up session with a Canon.
I love what we shot and never thought about using a different camera, though I had four cases 5 brands to select from.
But for any other photographer I don't presume to assume my way is right.
It's too personal and presumptuous, to make that decision for someone else.
Leica isn't after the dslr market from CandN and their offerings and price points has made that clear.
The fact there are now 3 prices of S cameras, 25k, 16k or a used/demo S/S2 from 10 to 8k offers a wide range for the same lens mount.
I find that a positive.
You don't own a Leica for logical reasons, but then again photography is not the most logical of endeavors.
IMO
BC