Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: Covid General discussions  (Read 31991 times)

LesPalenik

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5338
    • advantica blog
Re: Covid General discussions
« Reply #200 on: February 07, 2022, 12:30:39 pm »

And your PM Trudeau insultingly and racistly wore blackface three times that we know about.  All I'm asking is for a little humility.  Canadians aren't perfect either.  You spend too much time as a Canadian putting down Americans like we're inferior.  That's not right.  I'm not an ogre and neither are most Americans.

As explained a few times to you in my previous posts, Trudeau painted his face ages ago, when it was not politically incorrect yet. It wasn't a political or racial message, and he didn't have PM aspirations at that time. He was a young teacher partying all the time. Most probably some of the journalists who now ride the PC wagon applauded him then.
Actually, although I never condoned it, I think it was less harmful than some of the hideous permanent tattoos you see today.
Logged

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: Covid General discussions
« Reply #201 on: February 07, 2022, 12:51:13 pm »

As explained a few times to you in my previous posts, Trudeau painted his face ages ago, when it was not politically incorrect yet. It wasn't a political or racial message, and he didn't have PM aspirations at that time. He was a young teacher partying all the time. Most probably some of the journalists who now ride the PC wagon applauded him then.
Actually, although I never condoned it, I think it was less harmful than some of the hideous permanent tattoos you see today.
The third blackface incident happened in the late 1990s when he was 29 years old as a grown man.  A teacher! He wasn't a young student.  Plus he came from a political family who should have known better.   Just how many smarts does one Canadian need to have to know not to wear blackface?  Who believes he didn't have political aspirations coming from a political family?.  His father was Prime Minister. Meanwhile, everyone here accused Trump of doing bad stuff like sleeping around when he was a civilian.  His only political time was when he was president, never before. Yet you're making excuses for Trudeau's racist acts.  Come on.

LesPalenik

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5338
    • advantica blog
Re: Covid General discussions
« Reply #202 on: February 07, 2022, 01:23:15 pm »

The third blackface incident happened in the late 1990s when he was 29 years old as a grown man.  A teacher! He wasn't a young student.  Plus he came from a political family who should have known better.   Just how many smarts does one Canadian need to have to know not to wear blackface?  Who believes he didn't have political aspirations coming from a political family?.  His father was Prime Minister. Meanwhile, everyone here accused Trump of doing bad stuff like sleeping around when he was a civilian.  His only political time was when he was president, never before. Yet you're making excuses for Trudeau's racist acts.  Come on.

When in Florida, I see there many, many people with dark and wrinkled faces. I don't know if they put black shoe polish on their faces or if they stayed too long in the sun. Not mentioning the millions of youths with the nose rings. Don't you feel bad about the pour aboriginals who have to suffer the indignation of those white dummies stealing their unique customs and heritage?
Logged

Peter McLennan

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4692
Re: Covid General discussions
« Reply #203 on: February 07, 2022, 02:37:58 pm »

I didn't say it, Musk said it. Try to keep up. ("CB radios are free from govt/media control")

I didn't quote Elon. I quoted you.

Quote
When he sells his EV trucks, they have to include a CB.  He'll have customers for life.
Logged

Robert Roaldi

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5516
    • Robert's Photos
Re: Covid General discussions
« Reply #204 on: February 07, 2022, 02:58:43 pm »

The third blackface incident happened in the late 1990s when he was 29 years old as a grown man.  A teacher! He wasn't a young student.  Plus he came from a political family who should have known better.   Just how many smarts does one Canadian need to have to know not to wear blackface?  Who believes he didn't have political aspirations coming from a political family?.  His father was Prime Minister. Meanwhile, everyone here accused Trump of doing bad stuff like sleeping around when he was a civilian.  His only political time was when he was president, never before. Yet you're making excuses for Trudeau's racist acts.  Come on.

What game is being played here, my dad is stronger than your dad? I assumed we were all grown-ups.

First, this must be the 4th or 5th time you've brought up this behaviour. We heard you the first time. Have you not been able to find anything else yet?

Second, it was over 20 years ago.

Third, who cares. I don't. So the Prime Minister of Canada did something stupid 20 years ago. Big whoop. I mean, who didn't do something stupid once.

Fourth, you seem to think that saying something injurious to the character of the guy in the top job here is supposed to bother us. WTF? This implies to me that you take it personally when I call Trump a moron. Why would you take that personally? What's he to you? Are you related? Were you hoping that a female in your family would marry one of his rich sons?  I mean, get over it already. I've forgotten why we're even discussing this.
Logged
--
Robert

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: Covid General discussions
« Reply #205 on: February 07, 2022, 03:41:36 pm »

What game is being played here, my dad is stronger than your dad? I assumed we were all grown-ups.

First, this must be the 4th or 5th time you've brought up this behaviour. We heard you the first time. Have you not been able to find anything else yet?

Second, it was over 20 years ago.

Third, who cares. I don't. So the Prime Minister of Canada did something stupid 20 years ago. Big whoop. I mean, who didn't do something stupid once.

Fourth, you seem to think that saying something injurious to the character of the guy in the top job here is supposed to bother us. WTF? This implies to me that you take it personally when I call Trump a moron. Why would you take that personally? What's he to you? Are you related? Were you hoping that a female in your family would marry one of his rich sons?  I mean, get over it already. I've forgotten why we're even discussing this.
Why didn't people here get over that Trump had some affairs when he wasn't a politician twenty years ago, that he paid off some bimbo to keep her mouth shut about the affair?  It seems you can complain about our leader but you accept everything yours does as OK.  Seems like a double standard.  How many times have you brought up Trump's behavior in six years? I guess you don't care that Trudeau is a racist.

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: Covid General discussions
« Reply #206 on: February 07, 2022, 04:00:59 pm »

Getting back to Covid, it seems anti-vax Canadians and others who prefer no mandates at all have shut down democracy in Canada as Parliament stopped operating due to their demonstrations in Ottawa and other provincial capitals.  (Ottawa is Canada's national capital) Fortunately, no electors were in session to make a determination on who the next PM would be.  Meanwhile, PM Trudeau, sick with Covid despite his vaccinations, left the Capitol in a hurry, and his whereabouts are unknown at this time to avoid making others sick, I'm sure.

Canada Live Updates: Ottawa Declares a State of Emergency Amid Trucker Protests
Canadians awoke on Monday with their capital, Ottawa, under a state of emergency, as protesting truckers continued to occupy the country’s center of political power and calls were growing in some quarters for the government to take more drastic action to end the crisis.

On Sunday afternoon, the mayor of Ottawa declared the emergency after 10 days of unrest that began with protests by truckers over vaccine mandates imposed by the government of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. The protests have since mushroomed into an occupation of Canada’s capital and broader demonstrations over pandemic restrictions that have spread well beyond the capital.

“Someone is going to get killed or seriously injured because of the irresponsible behavior of some of these people,” Jim Watson, Ottawa’s mayor, warned on Sunday. City officials and the chief of police said they were under “siege.”

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/02/07/world/canada-trucker-protest



Robert Roaldi

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5516
    • Robert's Photos
Re: Covid General discussions
« Reply #207 on: February 07, 2022, 04:04:14 pm »

Getting back to Covid, it seems anti-vax Canadians and others who prefer no mandates at all have shut down democracy in Canada as Parliament stopped operating due to their demonstrations in Ottawa and other provincial capitals.  (Ottawa is Canada's national capital) Fortunately, no electors were in session to make a determination on who the next PM would be.  Meanwhile, PM Trudeau, sick with Covid despite his vaccinations, left the Capitol in a hurry, and his whereabouts are unknown at this time to avoid making others sick, I'm sure.

Canada Live Updates: Ottawa Declares a State of Emergency Amid Trucker Protests
Canadians awoke on Monday with their capital, Ottawa, under a state of emergency, as protesting truckers continued to occupy the country’s center of political power and calls were growing in some quarters for the government to take more drastic action to end the crisis.

On Sunday afternoon, the mayor of Ottawa declared the emergency after 10 days of unrest that began with protests by truckers over vaccine mandates imposed by the government of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. The protests have since mushroomed into an occupation of Canada’s capital and broader demonstrations over pandemic restrictions that have spread well beyond the capital.

“Someone is going to get killed or seriously injured because of the irresponsible behavior of some of these people,” Jim Watson, Ottawa’s mayor, warned on Sunday. City officials and the chief of police said they were under “siege.”

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/02/07/world/canada-trucker-protest

You're right, we're all living in fear for our lives. Trudeau can't be found, time to build a wall.



Logged
--
Robert

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: Covid General discussions
« Reply #208 on: February 07, 2022, 04:08:58 pm »

Meanwhile, more local here in New Jersey where I live, Democrat Governor Murphy, looking north to Ottawa and the problems there, blinked.  There it is.  Democrats have declared that Covid is over!  No trucker demonstrations in NJ, that's for sure.


N.J. Governor to End School Mask Mandate in Move to ‘Normalcy’
For the first time since the start of the pandemic, New Jersey districts will be permitted to allow students and teachers to stop wearing masks.
“This is not a declaration of victory as much as an acknowledgment that we can responsibly live with this thing,” Mr. Murphy, the vice chairman of the National Governors Association, said Monday in announcing the elimination of the mandate.

Last week, after meeting with President Biden at the White House during an annual governors conference, Mr. Murphy suggested it was time to reconsider how to manage the virus. “The overwhelming sentiment on both sides of the aisle,” he said on Wednesday, “is we want to get to a place where we can live with this thing in as normal a fashion as possible.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/07/nyregion/nj-school-mask-mandate-murphy.html

Robert Roaldi

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5516
    • Robert's Photos
Re: Covid General discussions
« Reply #209 on: February 07, 2022, 04:22:22 pm »

Why didn't people here get over that Trump had some affairs when he wasn't a politician twenty years ago, that he paid off some bimbo to keep her mouth shut about the affair?  It seems you can complain about our leader but you accept everything yours does as OK.  Seems like a double standard.  How many times have you brought up Trump's behavior in six years? I guess you don't care that Trudeau is a racist.

I can't speak for others but I couldn't care less who politicians have sex with. The only aspect of Trump's sex life that was interesting was that he ran for a party who have been boring everyone about "family values' since I can remember and that the so-called "Christian" right accepted him despite boasting about grabbing women. It was also telling how the party of "law and order" had no problem with him trying rig the Georgia vote or calling for them to stop counting votes on election night.  At least Trudeau never called Mexicans rapists and he didn't try to ban members of a religious group from entering the country. I find your attempts at equivalence less than compelling.

Being ok with all those things says a lot about you and the G.O.P. 
Logged
--
Robert

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: Covid General discussions
« Reply #210 on: February 07, 2022, 04:43:05 pm »

I can't speak for others but I couldn't care less who politicians have sex with. The only aspect of Trump's sex life that was interesting was that he ran for a party who have been boring everyone about "family values' since I can remember and that the so-called "Christian" right accepted him despite boasting about grabbing women. It was also telling how the party of "law and order" had no problem with him trying rig the Georgia vote or calling for them to stop counting votes on election night.  At least Trudeau never called Mexicans rapists and he didn't try to ban members of a religious group from entering the country. I find your attempts at equivalence less than compelling.

Being ok with all those things says a lot about you and the G.O.P. 
I never accepted Trump's picadilloes.  I said I thought he'd be a better president than a corrupt Hillary Clinton. That's what our choice was.   Being ok with Trudeau's insensitivity using blackface says a lot too. 

Peter McLennan

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4692
Re: Covid General discussions
« Reply #211 on: February 07, 2022, 08:18:41 pm »

I never accepted Trump's picadilloes.

According to dictionary.com the definition of picadillo is
"a very minor or slight sin or offense; a trifling fault."

Or, in other words (according to Alan): sexual assault.

You wonder, Alan, why we call you names - "despicable" among them.

You deserve them.
Logged

Robert Roaldi

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5516
    • Robert's Photos
Re: Covid General discussions
« Reply #212 on: February 07, 2022, 09:20:14 pm »

I never accepted Trump's picadilloes. ...


Did your nose suddenly get larger?
Logged
--
Robert

Robert Roaldi

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5516
    • Robert's Photos
Re: Covid General discussions
« Reply #213 on: February 07, 2022, 09:38:04 pm »

...Meanwhile, PM Trudeau, sick with Covid despite his vaccinations, left the Capitol in a hurry, and his whereabouts are unknown at this time to avoid making others sick, I'm sure....

The information I've seen is that he was isolating himself from others because he was exposed. I have not seen any mention anywhere that he was sick "despite his vaccinations". Did you actually read this somewhere or did you just make it up?

But why are you now disparaging vaccinations, I thought you were in favour of them. Trump is, he even gets booed because of it.

Logged
--
Robert

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: Covid General discussions
« Reply #214 on: February 07, 2022, 11:02:51 pm »

According to dictionary.com the definition of picadillo is
"a very minor or slight sin or offense; a trifling fault."

Or, in other words (according to Alan): sexual assault.

You wonder, Alan, why we call you names - "despicable" among them.

You deserve them.
I'mm tired of your personal assault.  Bye.

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: Covid General discussions
« Reply #215 on: February 07, 2022, 11:07:04 pm »

The information I've seen is that he was isolating himself from others because he was exposed. I have not seen any mention anywhere that he was sick "despite his vaccinations". Did you actually read this somewhere or did you just make it up?

But why are you now disparaging vaccinations, I thought you were in favour of them. Trump is, he even gets booed because of it.


You don't think he left town because he didn't want others to get sick.  Of course, he left town to avoid the truckers. 

Robert Roaldi

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5516
    • Robert's Photos
Re: Covid General discussions
« Reply #216 on: February 08, 2022, 07:40:10 am »

You don't think he left town because he didn't want others to get sick.  Of course, he left town to avoid the truckers.

This thread has now gotten a bit too high school for me but before I let it drop, this news report is interesting, especially the embedded video, https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/downtown-residents-flee-home-protest-fears-1.6341652.

The interim opposition party leader (they are in-between leaders at the moment) Candice Bergen echoed Trump in a speech saying (paraphrasing) 'there are good people on both sides.' I like that "both" sides bit, I guess she means the guys who assault Asian women wearing masks.
Logged
--
Robert

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: Covid General discussions
« Reply #217 on: February 08, 2022, 10:41:40 am »

This thread has now gotten a bit too high school for me but before I let it drop, this news report is interesting, especially the embedded video, https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/downtown-residents-flee-home-protest-fears-1.6341652.

The interim opposition party leader (they are in-between leaders at the moment) Candice Bergen echoed Trump in a speech saying (paraphrasing) 'there are good people on both sides.' I like that "both" sides bit, I guess she means the guys who assault Asian women wearing masks.
Candice Bergen's statement is not in the article you linked too.  Maybe I missed it.

Peter McLennan

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4692
Re: Covid General discussions
« Reply #218 on: February 08, 2022, 11:32:55 am »

Logged

Robert Roaldi

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5516
    • Robert's Photos
Re: Covid General discussions
« Reply #219 on: February 08, 2022, 12:20:51 pm »

Candice Bergen's statement is not in the article you linked too.  Maybe I missed it.

Sorry, inadequate proof-reading. I meant to put in the word "elsewhere" because didn't have the link, but I see that someone else has supplied it.



The irony is too delicious. When First Nations groups protest, the Conservatives are always the first to talk "law and order", can't have a minority of protestors dictating to us, blah, blah. Now some of them are having pizza with the protestors. I wonder if they accompany them when the boys are out harassing passing citizens.

A friend mentioned (somewhat tongue-in-cheek) that the reason the protestors weren't disbanded after the first weekend was because of demographics. They are all white. If there had been some first nations  people or Asians or Arabs in the group, they might have taken action earlier. Cruel thing to say, maybe, but my friend likes gallows humour, as do I. He went on to suggest that since a few Conservative party caucus members liked hanging with the boys, no cop wants to be the one who inadvertently roughs up one of them.

The provincial premier has been pretty slow in responding. Being a Conservative, and a right wing one at that, I suppose he sees this as an opportunity to embarrass the federal Liberals. It won't win him any voters in Ottawa but I doubt he cares. There's a provincial election coming up June 2, but I'm cynical so I don't expect much blowback, except he won't win many votes in Ottawa. I assume his guys has done the spreadsheet cost/benefits calculations.

Logged
--
Robert
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16   Go Up