Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16   Go Down

Author Topic: Covid General discussions  (Read 13608 times)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
Re: Covid General discussions
« Reply #240 on: February 09, 2022, 03:58:07 pm »

Canadian truckers and free speech are winning. Canadian politicians surrender like democrats are in America.  We should send those truckers to the Ukraine.  They have more moxie than NATO, especially Germany.  Politicans in the USA have kept their eyes on Canadian truckers too.  See my last post regarding their about-face.

Canadian provinces lift COVID restrictions, protests remain
TORONTO (AP) — A rapidly growing list of Canadian provinces moved to lift their COVID-19 restrictions as protesters decrying such measures kept up the pressure with truck blockades Wednesday in the capital and at key U.S. border crossings, including the economically vital bridge to Detroit.

Alberta, Saskatchewan, Quebec and Prince Edward Island announced plans this week to roll back some or all precautions, with Alberta, Canada’s most conservative province, dropping its vaccine passport for places such as restaurants immediately and getting rid of masks at the end of the month.

At a news conference in Ottawa that excluded mainstream news organizations, Benjamin Dichter, one of the protest organizers, said: “I think the government and the media are drastically underestimating the resolve and patience of truckers.”

“Drop the mandates. Drop the passports,” he said.

The “freedom truck convoy” has been promoted by Fox News personalities and attracted support from many U.S. Republicans, including former President Donald Trump, who called Prime Minister Justin Trudeau a “far left lunatic” who has “destroyed Canada with insane Covid mandates.”

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-business-health-prince-edward-canada-6f60c879c0c2eff82235e3157ad79bb0

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #241 on: February 09, 2022, 04:03:29 pm »

What a howler.
I didn't say that.  Democrats did. They were the ones who dropped mandates even though the CDC said the science says it's too soon.  So all the nonsense Democrats poured out for two years was all politics, trying to gain and maintain power for themselves.  They never gave a hoot about the science or the deaths.  It was all about power.  Now the political circumstances have changed.  The politics are against mandates.  So they folded.  They threw in the towel.  Science lost.

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #242 on: February 09, 2022, 04:06:59 pm »

Canadian truckers and free speech are winning.

Who was ever denied free speech?

--
Robert

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #243 on: February 09, 2022, 04:11:13 pm »

Who was ever denied free speech?

Where did I say free speech was denied.  In fact, I said the opposite.  I said free speech is winning.  It's because of free speech of Canadian truckers, Canada is changing its mind about mandates. And they're helping to change mandates here in the USA.  Thank you Canada.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #244 on: February 09, 2022, 04:49:23 pm »

I didn't say that.  Democrats did. They were the ones who dropped mandates even though the CDC said the science says it's too soon.  So all the nonsense Democrats poured out for two years was all politics, trying to gain and maintain power for themselves.  They never gave a hoot about the science or the deaths.  It was all about power.  Now the political circumstances have changed.  The politics are against mandates.  So they folded.  They threw in the towel.  Science lost.
In fairness to Biden, he's still following the science as outlined by the CDC even though many important democratic governors have discarded CDC advice like California, NJ and NJ.  He just has not gotten the political memo yet: It's over.

The Memo: Biden caught between CDC and Democratic governors on COVID-19
President Biden is being put in a difficult spot on COVID-19 — and this time he can thank Democratic-led states for the conundrum.

Four states, all of which have Democratic governors, have announced in recent days that they are going to lift mask mandates for schools. Separately, deep-blue California is going to end its policy of requiring vaccinated people to mask while indoors next week.

But the Biden administration has promised to follow the guidance of scientists, specifically those at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The CDC has not yet issued any change to its guidance on masking.

That leaves Biden in a bind. 

The White House risks looking overly cautious on restrictions if it sticks with the status quo — a dangerous political position in a nation that has grown frustrated and restless after two years of pandemic restrictions.

“Already you are seeing a large swath of public opinion opposing CDC ‘dictating’ mandates. They see the case numbers plummeting and they see Democratic governors lifting mandates. There is enormous political peril for the White House.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/the-memo/593381-the-memo-biden-caught-between-cdc-and-democratic-governors-on-covid-19

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #245 on: February 09, 2022, 05:40:27 pm »

I guess you'll have to ackowledge that Biden solved the Covid problem.
--
Robert

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #246 on: February 09, 2022, 05:44:29 pm »

Where did I say free speech was denied.  In fact, I said the opposite.  I said free speech is winning.  It's because of free speech of Canadian truckers, Canada is changing its mind about mandates. And they're helping to change mandates here in the USA.  Thank you Canada.

As has been explained a few times now, and this will be my last. The demonstration in Ottawa has almost NOTHING to do with mandates and freedom. A tiny minority of anti-vaxxers are using  mandates and passports as cover. Their literature and graffiti slogans downtown are all about anti-science and the (non-existent) dangers of vaccines. The vast vast vast majority of truckers are out there driving, showing various papers at borders, no problems, no issues. This whole thing was made up.

That's the last time I'm going to waste my time with you on this, because I know you won't listen anyway.
--
Robert

Peter McLennan

« Reply #247 on: February 09, 2022, 05:58:08 pm »

What a howler.

Beat me to it.  :)

Expert On All Things posts idiocy again.

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #248 on: February 09, 2022, 06:51:55 pm »

Posting a number like 2,000 for a country as large as America over three thousand miles wide means nothing.  Each of the fifty states and their governors decides for itself what to do.  NJ and NY are moving on.  Covid is over. 

2000 dead in February 2022 is a higher number than in summer 2021. So relative to those summer numbers, covid is still up.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #249 on: February 09, 2022, 08:57:05 pm »

I guess you'll have to ackowledge that Biden solved the Covid problem.
Well, actually the Democratic governors did. "Mandates over.".  Problem solved.   ;)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #250 on: February 09, 2022, 09:13:14 pm »

2000 dead in February 2022 is a higher number than in summer 2021. So relative to those summer numbers, covid is still up.
Democrats don't care about the science.   Democrats are only looking at the politics of it.  Mandates have become a real loser.  So they're changing their minds and ignoring the science.  Democratic governors (but not Biden, yet) are telling the CDC to go "stick it." They've become republicans.   

The democrats' position was never based on science.  It was based on the politics of it as I've been saying for two years. Masks and mandates were always politics.  From the beginning. It became an argument against Trump and Republicans in an election year to gain and keep power.  Now that masks and mandates are a political loser, they're ignoring the science and dropping them against CDC recommendations.   Democrats were playing the public the whole time using Covid for political power.  As long as science and political expediency worked together, they were all for science.  As soon as the two separated, they showed their true selves.  They fooled a lot of people. 

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #251 on: February 09, 2022, 10:11:14 pm »

Well, actually the Democratic governors did. "Mandates over.".  Problem solved.   ;)

The problem is the virus, not the mandates.
--
Robert

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #252 on: February 09, 2022, 10:11:58 pm »

I thought you'd like reading this craziness from one of the convoy donors, https://pressprogress.ca/next-step-is-civil-war-big-money-convoy-donor-says-ottawa-siege-may-be-canadas-last-hope/.
--
Robert

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #253 on: February 09, 2022, 10:28:22 pm »

I thought you'd like reading this craziness from one of the convoy donors, https://pressprogress.ca/next-step-is-civil-war-big-money-convoy-donor-says-ottawa-siege-may-be-canadas-last-hope/.
He's fighting for what he believes is his and others' freedoms.  He seems to be winning. Various provinces have already dropped their mandates.  What he has shown is the Canadian government run by PM Trudeau is weak, feckless.  At least on 1/6, the interlopers were stopped after one day.  Meanwhile, Canada futzes around threatening and complaining and showing weakness.  The country seems leaderless from here. 

Combined with Biden's cowardly pullout in Afghanistan, what encouragement to Russia and China, and Iran is this creating?  Trump was nasty, insulting, but he was seen as a kickass, so adversaries stayed quiet.  Now we have leaders who are weak, encouraging foreign adventures by our adversaries.  The west better pull together and start acting strong or we're in for bad times.   

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #254 on: February 09, 2022, 11:05:57 pm »

Trump was nasty, insulting, but he was seen as a kickass, so adversaries stayed quiet.  Now we have leaders who are weak, encouraging foreign adventures by our adversaries.  The west better pull together and start acting strong or we're in for bad times.

I think, a better description for Trump would be that he was crazy, incompetent and mentally unstable. Sometimes it worked.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #255 on: February 11, 2022, 02:33:40 pm »

Why does Canada have to call an emergency?  Aren't there laws against blocking traffic that would allow police to remove obstructions and arrest the perps?  How am I going to get a car for the one my lease just ran out? 

Trucker protests: Ontario calls state of emergency
Ontario has declared a state of emergency in response to two weeks of protests against Covid restrictions.

The order came as demonstrations continue to shut down parts of Ottawa and the Ambassador Bridge, a vital US-Canada trade link.

Blocking crucial infrastructure would be made "illegal" under the order, said Premier Doug Ford.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-60352980

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #256 on: February 11, 2022, 02:59:08 pm »

A good example how 1500 "freedom minded" truckers affected negatively thousands of companies and millions of people in at least two countries.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #257 on: February 11, 2022, 03:25:23 pm »

A good example how 1500 "freedom minded" truckers affected negatively thousands of companies and millions of people in at least two countries.
So why aren't the Canadian police and government doing something?  Aren't there laws against blockading traffic?  Canadians may complain about American cops and American laws being tough.  But at least cops know how to clear the streets and do it legally.

PS:  I need my car?   

Peter McLennan

« Reply #258 on: February 11, 2022, 03:31:57 pm »

Aren't there laws against blocking traffic that would allow police to remove obstructions and arrest the perps?

They did wait too long to remove the trucks. It's now impossible, difficult for a variety of reasons. Whether you choose to blame the police or the politicians is up to you.

Meanwhile, thanks for your support, America:

https://globalnews.ca/news/8609284/ottawa-trucker-convoy-airport-disruptions/
« Last Edit: February 12, 2022, 11:16:28 am by Peter McLennan »

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #259 on: February 11, 2022, 03:53:33 pm »

They did wait too long to remove the trucks. It's now impossible for a variety of reasons. Whether you choose to blame the police or the politicians is up to you.

Meanwhile, thanks for your support, America:
https://globalnews.ca/news/8609284/ottawa-trucker-convoy-airport-disruptions/

Only Deplorables would come up with an idea to call and misuse the 911 emergency numbers and jeopardize lives of people who really need help and assistance.
Also hurting and inconveniencing majority of law-abiding truckers. 
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16   Go Up