Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 910   Go Down

Author Topic: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa  (Read 1313734 times)

BernardLanguillier

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 13980
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #2160 on: November 23, 2020, 06:13:38 pm »

- Nobody conducted any investigation of the senate results because there was no evidence of any fraud to investigate

There was also no evidence of any fraud for the President results either, this hasn't prevented Trump and the Republican Party from investigating possible frauds. The fact that they couldn't find any isn't a general proof that there never is any fraud, is it? If the conspiracy theory I am proposing here were true, the demonstration of the lack of fraud on the Presidential election would be the best argument to avoid looking too closely at the senate results.

You are not being very logical on this point. By your logic fraud can only exist if it's obvious.

The reality is that you don't have any element to demonstrate that fraud didn't happen (and I am not saying that you should). Your only rationale seems to be that it would be too big to be possible. Or perhaps that Democrats and Republican leaders could never do such a thing. But it doesn't take much reflection to understand that risk management is part of the reality of political game. And if both parties had been presented with an option to choose the results along the lines I am speaking about here (Democrat President, Republican senate, no Trump trial) they would most probably have taken it, regardless of the will of American people. Because this would have been much more preferable than a worst case scenario (WCS for the Democrats: Trump President, WCS for the Republicans: Democrat Senate and Trump in jail).

And yes, you can of course compare this with crazy theories involving aliens. You are totally free to claim that all conspiracy theories are false. But history has proven us time and again that when there is a will there is a way. Especially in a super unstable situation with a would be dictator in the game like Trump.

So the point really is an objective assessment of whether there is enough value in it for both parties. I feel there may be.

Cheers,
Bernard
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 06:26:55 pm by BernardLanguillier »
Logged

faberryman

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4851
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #2161 on: November 23, 2020, 06:22:12 pm »

News Alert:

The GSA has authorized the transition to begin.

Tweet from Trump:

"I want to thank Emily Murphy at GSA for her steadfast dedication and loyalty to our Country. She has been harassed, threatened, and abused – and I do not want to see this happen to her, her family, or employees of GSA. Our case STRONGLY continues, we will keep up the good fight, and I believe we will prevail! Nevertheless, in the best interest of our Country, I am recommending that Emily and her team do what needs to be done with regard to initial protocols, and have told my team to do the same."
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 06:40:16 pm by faberryman »
Logged

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #2162 on: November 23, 2020, 06:50:14 pm »

The printing will continue unabated.  No new blood.

Joe Biden to nominate Janet Yellen for Treasury secretary: Dow Jones
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMaSEcMWKpI

faberryman

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4851
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #2163 on: November 23, 2020, 06:52:22 pm »


Enjoy your conspiracy theory, Bernard.
Logged

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #2164 on: November 23, 2020, 06:58:23 pm »

It looks like Biden will be visiting Paris.

John Kerry named as Joe Biden's special climate envoy
Activists welcome appointment of heavyweight figure
Kerry to treat climate crisis as ‘urgent national security issue’

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/nov/23/john-kerry-biden-climate-envoy-appointment

...maybe Iran too.

Why Biden's secretary of state pick tells us a lot about his priorities as president
https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/23/politics/biden-blinken-secretary-of-state/index.html

digitaldog

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 21651
  • Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #2165 on: November 23, 2020, 07:02:38 pm »

The printing will continue unabated.  No new blood.

Joe Biden to nominate Janet Yellen for Treasury secretary: Dow Jones
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMaSEcMWKpI
The markets are happy. The ”Trump Metric” for good and man, could he print money (and lose it; ours and his). Loser.
Since election, Trump pleaded for money 300+ times, send him a check Alan.
Logged
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #2166 on: November 23, 2020, 07:51:30 pm »

The markets are happy. The ”Trump Metric” for good and man, could he print money (and lose it; ours and his). Loser.
Since election, Trump pleaded for money 300+ times, send him a check Alan.
Washington's answer to every problem is to spend more.  My wife should get a job there.

digitaldog

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 21651
  • Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #2167 on: November 23, 2020, 08:03:17 pm »

  My wife should get a job there.
At least someone in the household can.  ;D
Government hates two things: Change and the way things are. 
Logged
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #2168 on: November 23, 2020, 08:25:33 pm »

At least someone in the household can.  ;D
Government hates two things: Change and the way things are.

Interestingly, when I worked for the NYC government, I came up with this idea for handling work that would save the city a lot of money.  Having always worked in private industry before, I think like that.  So I went to my supervisor with the idea.  He looked me straight in the eye and retorted, "Alan, what do you care what it costs?"  I was dumbfounded and didn;t know what to say.  But of course, he was right.  It was taxpayer money.  No one in government cares. Why should I?

digitaldog

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 21651
  • Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #2169 on: November 23, 2020, 08:32:27 pm »

Interestingly, when I worked for the NYC government, I came up with this idea for handling work that would save the city a lot of money.  Having always worked in private industry before, I think like that.  So I went to my supervisor with the idea.  He looked me straight in the eye and retorted, "Alan, what do you care what it costs?"  I was dumbfounded and didn;t know what to say.  But of course, he was right.  It was taxpayer money.  No one in government cares. Why should I?
You continue to get your Gov assistance so what's the problem Alan?
Logged
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #2170 on: November 23, 2020, 08:37:36 pm »

You continue to get your Gov assistance so what's the problem Alan?

A pension is not assistance.  I worked for it. 

digitaldog

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 21651
  • Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #2171 on: November 23, 2020, 08:44:32 pm »

A pension is not assistance.  I worked for it.
Oh, you forget:
So our pensions and Social Security continue uninterrupted.  (so far. )
Logged
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #2172 on: November 23, 2020, 09:08:24 pm »

Oh, you forget:
Sorry I don't understand your point.  I paid into Social Security as did my employers all my life.  SS is no more assistance than my pension is.  If the government let me save the SS as my own investment, I'd have triple what they're paying me if I invested at just 3% annually. 

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #2173 on: November 23, 2020, 09:10:42 pm »

Plus, when I die, whatever I didn't spend in retirement, would go to my heirs.  That doesn't happen with SS.

digitaldog

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 21651
  • Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #2174 on: November 23, 2020, 09:13:08 pm »

Sorry I don't understand your point.
Indeed.
Nor do you understand Yellen.
“Sigh of Relief” for Markets on Janet Yellen News: Wall Street Reacts (Bloomberg).
Logged
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #2175 on: November 23, 2020, 09:17:40 pm »

Indeed.
Nor do you understand Yellen.
“Sigh of Relief” for Markets on Janet Yellen News: Wall Street Reacts (Bloomberg).
Yellen is a printer  That's why Wall Street is excited.  Between her and Biden, they're going to print a lot which will inflate the markets into a larger bubble.  You and I will have to pay back the debt created.  Inflation will damage the economy eventually.  Then the markets will sink.  Trump was just as bad.  As a real estate developer, he loves debt.  Neither side is any good when it comes to inflating the dollar.  It's bad for business.  Bubbles eventually "pop".

digitaldog

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 21651
  • Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #2176 on: November 23, 2020, 09:21:08 pm »

Yellen is a printer  That's why Wall Street is excited.
Epson, Canon; dye or pigment? Think she understands not all prints are 300DPI???
Are you a printer?
Wall Street is excited. Seems you are not.
Seems to me, an excellent choice based on ALL of the above.
Logged
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #2177 on: November 23, 2020, 09:28:13 pm »

Epson, Canon; dye or pigment? Think she understands not all prints are 300DPI???
Are you a printer?
Wall Street is excited. Seems you are not.
Seems to me, an excellent choice based on ALL of the above.
You can't let the 300dpi go, can you?  :)

I bought some GLD as a hedge for inflation. I remember the 1970s and early 80s when $100 in 1970 was worth in buying power only $45 by 1982.  That was after we went off the gold standard. If the Democrats take the Senate, they'll print till the cows come home bailing out all the states and everyone else.  Our money won't be worth anything.  Film will be $50 a roll.   

digitaldog

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 21651
  • Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #2178 on: November 23, 2020, 09:32:29 pm »

You can't let the 300dpi go, can you?  :) Film will be $50 a roll.   
I'm a printer like Yellen; I understand how it actually works. You?
Film is what grows on your teeth.
Logged
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #2179 on: November 23, 2020, 09:35:35 pm »

I'm a printer like Yellen; I understand how it actually works. You?
Film is what grows on your teeth.
But everyone wants what she prints.  :)
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 910   Go Up